IBTP
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
[carl sagan]Billions and billions of posts.[/carl sagan]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IBTP

Well I was going to say 1,000 but after seeing this, I would say more like 3,000
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
y0ur 4 n00b
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Punk!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
When FOX thinks you're an asshole and just being hard on him because he's 12, you're no longer a noob.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It has been proven many times that piling up several thousand posts does not raise your IQ.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Heck there's a bunch of people here with thousands of posts that are STILL considered punks.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
<-----Still a noob.

Post count challenged,

Woosaa
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Gah! You freakin n00bs!  

GET TO POSTING!!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It has been proven many times that piling up several thousand posts does not raise your IQ.

Quite the opposite, I'm afraid.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to be a member of the forums before the big software upgrade where everybody had to reregister and lost all their post counts. Finally got around to reregistering  when you couldn't
even get on the boards unless you could log in. To me it's not how many posts you have, it's how long a member you have been and how logical and informative your posts are. Losts of people do the "+1s"
and "IBTLs" to boost their posts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTP

Well I was going to say 1,000 but after seeing this, I would say more like 3,000

Busted.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I used to be a member of the forums before the big software upgrade where everybody had to reregister and lost all their post counts. Finally got around to reregistering  when you couldn't
even get on the boards unless you could log in. To me it's not how many posts you have, it's how long a member you have been and how logical and informative your posts are. Losts of people do the "+1s"

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#18]
When you get more than 40k posts you can actually take peoples money and send them nothing !  But wait,it gets better ! When you are called on your unspeakable dirty deed ,people come to your defense because you have 40k posts !

Doesn't get any better than that now does it ? I would hazard a guess of 40k posts for non-n00b status.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#19]
1k posts or one year. Less if people know who you are, more if no one knows wtf you are, even if you post a lot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Lots of people do IBTLS cuz they are fun.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm still a newbie.

No you're  just uglier than me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
When you get more than 40k posts you can actually take peoples money and send them nothing !  But wait,it gets better ! When you are called on your unspeakable dirty deed ,people come to your defense because you have 40k posts !

Doesn't get any better than that now does it ? I would hazard a guess of 40k posts for non-n00b status.

To whom could you possibly be referring?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

SGTAR15 would be a perfect example of this

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm still a newbie.

Nah, just a  .
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big words now, young brave, but what you say when Big Chief return to reservation?

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big words now, young brave, but what you say when Big Chief return to reservation?

I've traded barbs with him before......we'll have to see when he comes back
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Noob until post 9100
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#28]
more than 1

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think its a post thing as there's guys here since the beginning that have post counts under 500.

I feel as if I'm still noob - but I'm obviously much more of a post whore then you! Patty
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I don't think its a post thing as there's guys here since the beginning that have post counts under 500.

I feel as if I'm still noob - but I'm obviously much more of a post whore then you! Patty

Only from lack of time, not willingness.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When was the last big software upgrade that caused everyone to lose their post count? Maybe 5 years ago?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Post count is meaningless.

When I had zero posts, I still had 25+ years of shooting experience...I may not have been known to the board....but I certainly knew about shooting.

There are guys here with 10's of thousands of posts and I have yet to see them contribute useful, technical weapon info.

Post count is great if you are trying to win a popularity contest...but if you want respect...try posting something that contributes to the site. It doesnt take many posts to demonstrate a genuine interest in contributing....and thousands of posts of meaningless banter wont make you famous.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

When I had zero posts, I still had 25+ years of shooting experience...I may not have been known to the board....but I certainly knew about shooting.

There are guys here with 10's of thousands of posts and I have yet to see them contribute useful, technical weapon info.

Post count is great if you are trying to win a popularity contest...but if you want respect...try posting something that contributes to the site. It doesnt take many posts to demonstrate a genuine interest in contributing....and thousands of posts of meaningless banter wont make you famous.

Well said.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Check SgtAR15's post count.. now look at how many of those are made OUTSIDE of GD or the Pit.

Yeah.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#35]
It never ends. Even if you keep a good post record and establish yourself, someone will always eventually be by to talk shit. Not too long ago, I was acused of being an airsoft loving poser, despite high post count, team membership, an account 3 years old, and several pictures on this board of me in Iraq, because I posted asking if there was a cheaper way to mount a light than the use of rails, dedicated foreends, or small rail segments. Evidently, once there is an expensive way to do things, those who can't afford it are posers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#36]
when you wonder when markm is going to chime in with

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When was the last big software upgrade that caused everyone to lose their post count? Maybe 5 years ago?

Two months before this I believe.
<------
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Noob until post 9100

Damn, I was hoping it was 2000

ETA: I believe the last upgrade was NOV 2000
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
1k posts or one year.

<----------------Woo-Hoo!  I spend too much time here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#40]
How old are you, NOOB?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Of course it takes longer for those who have a habit of spouting BS based on personal bias and lies about situations in which, lacking a link, they were evidently not personally involved.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I do not measure it in number of posts but number of rounds and guns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check your mirror.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

GREAT POINT!

Also be able to ask questions no matter how stupid you may feel asking them. I ask all the time and I am approaching 10K posts. Ive been here BEFORE the format changed HOWEVER I always feel like a noob when it comes to firearm related questions...and Ive been shooting since I was 7!

You have to have an open mind, contribute as much as you can and DO NOT act like an asshat and you will gain a TON of respect which FAR EXCEEDS any numerical post count value.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#45]
When you stop asking the same stupid questions about inane subjects, including race baiting, gay bashing, LEO bashing, that  many other noobs ask.  Especially before looking at the archives and/or assuming that everybody around here has none of the clues you have and are bringing  to enlighten us.

Or in other words when you start contributing to adult intelligent discussions and not the same old dumg shit.  Some guys make it on Post 1.  Of course you can crash and burn at any point by trying to show how brilliant and skilled you were when you drew down on the wino at the car wash.

We need to get a "Crash and Burn" archive of examples of what not to do here.  That has to be the classic.

Don't gay bash, LEO  bash, race bash, try and discuss like an adult and not a knucklehead.  Calling Abraham Lincoln a baboon is not likely to impress anyone with your ability to accurately address history questions.  Be an adult even if you are a teenager.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#46]
In your case...never!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#47]
This is of course IMHO and my own standard, but if I know the person's name or picture, that person is not a
And this has nothing to do with if that person is an asshat or not.

Edited to ward away the spelling Nazis.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Every "+1" boosts your I.Q. by one point.

Or at least thats what i was told.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Depends on the thread/posts.  Give me ONE good thread/post that shows that you are an intelligent contributor to this forum and I'll bump you up the "dude!, Tell me more!",  line in front of at least a hundred others.  Of course, I've never actually posted anything worthwhile myself so my bumping your status may not be worth a whole lot.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#50]
1800 dont ask me why
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top