Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 2:55:50 PM EDT
When it was apparent that help was needed to handle the evacuees from Katrina, Texas stepped right up and said "Bring em here. We'll be glad to help". No bullshit, no skating around the issue. Just a very clear and immediate statement that Texas will help.

It makes me very proud to be a Texan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Did anyone else see the Texan family that opened up their funiture store for the evacuees.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
+1

My wife is assisting with child/school placement and clothing starting this Tuesday. I'd be less than
honest if I didn't say that I'm not concerned about my children's school taking on 75 NO kids.
Time will tell.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, you Texans should be proud....but you always were.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Proud welfare state from NO.  They will like our state and stay....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I gotta admit, over the yrs I've found most Texans to be rather full of themselves, to the point of being slightly obnoxious.  But, I also have to admit that when you need help a Texan is always the first to lend a hand, no matter what the need.  Katrina is just the latest example; any military conflict, the hurricanes we've had here in Fl, you name it.

God Bless Texas!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Laura Miller is asking Gov. Perry if Dallas is getting any help to pay for all the survivors
Dallas really isn't the best place for the hurrican survivors. Half the city council is being investigated by the FBI.
I hope Dallas doesn't screw these poor people over.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, alot of Texans are sorta full of beans.
But, when you make friends with a Texan, you have made a friend for life.
Old school honor,  a sense of duty to family and community.
Not bad attributes in my book.

Well done Texas!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL   yeah Dallas does suck,  but most of them will fit right in.  You got drugs, hookers, People on welfare.  damn Are you sure that thing didnt hit Dallas.     BTW if I got my point accross any further I would prolly get kicked for racism.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Proud welfare state from NO.  They will like our state and stay....

There are about 250,000 refugees from NO in Texas now. Many refugees that were interviewed said they like Texas and want to stay here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Laura Miller is asking Gov. Perry if Dallas is getting any help to pay for all the survivors
Dallas really isn't the best place for the hurrican survivors. Half the city council is being investigated by the FBI.

Laura Miller is an assbag. This comment has nothing to do with your post, I just had to get that off my
chest.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LOL   yeah Dallas does suck,  but most of them will fit right in.  You got drugs, hookers, People on welfare.  damn Are you sure that thing didnt hit Dallas.     BTW if I got my point accross any further I would prolly get kicked for racism.

Been to 17 countries and countless cities. Dallas is one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#12]
as the bumper sticker says

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could"

glad to be a texan
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I've live in Dallas for 6 months doing a contract, and I would go back there in a heart beat. I met some really nice people there. Even though, my company permitted me to rent a automobile, I traveled on the DART, and I met some really decent people.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Laura Miller is an assbag. This comment has nothing to do with your post, I just had to get that off my
chest.

Oh for sure she sucks ass. It could be worse though. What if Lipscum was mayor??lol

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a reason its called the GREAT State of Texas. Texans should be proud of what they did for their fellow Americans....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hope Laura Miller doesn't screw these poor people over.

There fixed it for 'ya
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Why should we be proud that we are fixen to put another 250k people on our welfare system?

I am proud that were helping out,  I feel good about donating 5 cases of Ozarka yesterday,  but not proud that most of the 250k people will end up on our welfare system.  Someone might say,  Well their not from TX so they wont qualify!  BS  Most Hispanic people are not from TX, dont even have a DL and get some Welfare  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top