Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 2:41:46 PM EDT

"Louisiana disaster plan, pg 13, para 5 , dated 01/2000

'The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating'... "

If New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Democrat, and Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, Democrat, had not ignored this disaster plan they could have save a lot of people.

Why didn’t they use the busses in this picture?

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050901/480/flpc21109012015#

320 busses. 85 passengers each. Fueled. One one-way trip for each bus in the photo? They could have evacuated more than 25,000 people.

That's just plain murder!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see this coming out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It's sort of drowned out by all the Anti_Bush stuff..
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

"Louisiana disaster plan, pg 13, para 5 , dated 01/2000

'The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating'... "

If New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Democrat, and Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, Democrat, had not ignored this disaster plan they could have save a lot of people.

Why didn’t they use the busses in this picture?

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050901/480/flpc21109012015#

320 busses. 85 passengers each. Fueled. One one-way trip for each bus in the photo? They could have evacuated more than 25,000 people.

That's just plain murder!!!!

I more we learn about the local leadership the more incredible this whole mess becomes, I saw 4 different reports today that the city of NO has only 3 boats and 2 of them are inoperable, this is fucking crazy , our small county in northern Mi has 4 boats....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL   Seen something where the mayer/governer or whichever one the bald guy is was complaining that they were sending yellow dogs to carry people out instead of greyhounds.  This guy was a total dirtbag,  complainging about how slow troops were ariving, food water etc.  I dont think I ever trained for a sit like this,  It would have been easier for a nuke to hit the city,  they actually have procedures to deal with that.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Folks, with a disaster this big, I am not inclined to go pointing my fingers at anyone just yet. Sending buses sounds good...but who drives them, and to where??

Leave the gotcha politics to the dims.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Duped into the ground a long time ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top