Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 4:19:25 AM EDT
 I regularly visit a forum that is based in The UK.    In a thread about Katrina, a member claiming to be in  the US military  was  critisizing bush for for his lack of response.   I was thinking of confronting him about  this.   What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
10 to 1 says he was a pogue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably a pimply faced teen in his parents basement in Liverpool.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:36:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless he is an Officer aint much you can do.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It's obvious the young soldier, airmen or Marine was not paying attention in his goverment class.

Here is something I found intersting.  The state had a plan.

THEY HAD A PLAN

They just didn't follow it. So they were planning to fail. By "they," I mean pretty much every government official in Louisiana, and by "plan," I mean a signed-off set of procedures they were supposed to follow in the event of a catastrophic hurricane. You know, like the one that just hit. And by "fail" I mean complete catastrophic failure.

Here’s the southeast Louisiana evac plan supplement,most recently revised in 2000. Go to page 13, read paragraph 5. It states:

5. The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating.

Well, well. Can you say "smoking gun," Mr. Mayor? Mr. Ebbert? How about a smoking arsenal? I guess whether or not you decide to act is based on how you define "school and municipal buses" and "staging area." Or "hurricane." Or "mandatory," as in "mandatory evacuation."

Also see page 18, paragraph 2a 2 and 3.

Page 20, paragraph 3a 5.

Page 21, paragraph c 4.

Page 29, all of it.

And this is just one part of a larger plan the size of a phone book.

Consider this strange quote too:

Previous hurricanes evacuations in New Orleans were always voluntary, because so many people don't have the means of getting out. Some are too poor and there is always a French Quarter full of tourists who get caught.

So the existence of people who may be stuck in the bowl actually leads to a decreased hurricane evacuation level to match their helplessness instead of increased urgency and planning for buses? Are you kidding me? Is that called "Nawlins logic" or what? Well, now we know why the President of the United States had to be the one to give the order for a mandatory evac. Sad.

The poor folk provide crucial votes for the local politicians, and the tourists provide the dollars, but yet before a major hurricane they can't even get a bus ride? If the MSM did not exist,
There is something very peculiar about a city and a state that have a plan on the books for years that outlines what to do when a hurricane is about to strike, yet when a hurricane comes roaring in, the responsible officials just chuck the plan and try winging it. Delaying and then winging it in the face of a monstrous Cat 4/5 hurricane is never, ever a good idea, especially for New Orleans.

So when the situation goes south, the levee breaks and the people who should have been evacuated based on the plan are dying, these same officials who decided to improvise the whole thing now blame it all on the President who begged them to just get everyone the hell out of there already.

The entire elected state government failed their people.  It was not the president.

Max
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Their "COC?"  They're criticizing their Code of Conduct?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Their "COC?"  They're criticizing their Code of Conduct?

Chain of Command
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top