Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 9:15:17 PM EDT
After the chaos is over and all the fund raisers begin for many of the victims of this hurricane do you think there will be a fund set up like the 911 fund that was set up Will the  victims be giving large cash handouts to buy homes even thou most of them did not own a home or really have any money to begin with.Most of the home owners had issurance  so I am not talking about them I am talking about the poor that were on welfare and had no job. They could end up being homeowners and have more money then a lot of people that go to work everyday like you and me
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
I know broke the rule but I  changed it a little
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. They will be rewarded for their stupid decision to live in a flood prone area, and will be paid for the trouble they caused for themselves by not leaving when they had the chance.

I on the other hand, will continue to struggle to get the monthly GI Bill payment that makes up the majority of my income, and attempt to find work in their destroyed city to pay my nursing school tuition.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I want $$ for having to put up with this on the news/tv/net 24/7...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I doubt they'll be enjoying much more of your money than they already had.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
No.  3,000 people killed by people, but families surviving and keeping their livelihoods and media coverage on gov't liability is one thing...................over a million displaced, vast majority are renters based on what my cousin told me once, caused by nature, losing their livelihoods is a little different.  

I suspect we will be reeducating ourselves about WPA, TVA, etc. For the ones that are having a tough time with withdrawal symptoms, I'd set up the NMC .................
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I think some will. I hope there is some type of control in place so that they do not spend the money on beer, etc but on housing, etc, meaning I hope they have to account for the way the money is spent or else have it cut off to them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No.  3,000 people killed by people, but families surviving and keeping their livelihoods and media coverage on gov't liability is one thing...................over a million displaced, vast majority are renters based on what my cousin told me once, caused by nature, losing their livelihoods is a little different.  

I suspect we will be reeducating ourselves about WPA, TVA, etc. For the ones that are having a tough time with withdrawal symptoms, I'd set up the NMC .................

Dont' forget the CLQ, the, DGY the HLK and the BEF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top