Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:48:07 PM EDT

Can anyone help me with this?  Every ten minutes or so I have to unplug my modem and restart it just to continue surfing the internet.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Cable modem I presume?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep - cable modem.  

Time Warner is my provider.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
That probably means you've been banned but they haven't notified you yet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]

I've barely been on this week, and haven't had a single bad thought about undocumented shoppers, so I sure hope not!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Try this.

power down modem - disconnect cord from modem and comp.

Uninstall modem software from PC - AND remove device (modem) using device manager.

Reboot comp.

Reinstall (physically) modem.
Reinstall modem software ( from CD )
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
bet you got a virus. you connect virus takes a few minutes to re-connect to its spammer location. once it gets chuggin sendind and receiving it hogs the bandwidth..

not kidding about this. this is exactly how a recent virus behaves..

might want to check task manager once the thing starts mis-behaving to see what is at the top of the busy list.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
bet you got a virus. you connect virus takes a few minutes to re-connect to its spammer location. once it gets chuggin sendind and receiving it hogs the bandwidth..

not kidding about this. this is exactly how a recent virus behaves..

might want to check task manager once the thing starts mis-behaving to see what is at the top of the busy list.

Yep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top