Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:31:07 PM EDT
Here is the deal:  

3 Groomsmen
~$35-$45 dollar budget
All groomsmen like: Women, Guns, Booze, Flying, Motorcycles.  
None get too "dressy" so I was kind of using cufflinks and money clips as a last resort.

I want something out of the ordinary, but useful.  They all have leatherman's or the like, and lighters.  

A flask might be nice, but with today's drinking and driving laws......

Arrrgh!  Shit. Help.

UPDATE:  Bought the Colt AR15 K RocLock assisted Opening knives.

NICE!  Wish I had gotten one for myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
$15 each?

Get them each a Brit pint glass engraved with their names and the date.

www.pubglasses.com/

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw such and such get married and all I got was this pack of condoms and douch.

Put it on a T-shirt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Swiss Army Knives with names engraved is what the groomsmen got when I was my buddy's best man.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Swiss Army Knives with names engraved is what the groomsmen got when I was my buddy's best man.

The above or a good quality multi tool, just not a Leatherman.  Fook Tim Leatherman.  Have them engraved.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I saw such and such get married and all I got was this pack of condoms and douch.

Put it on a T-shirt.

That is hilarious, and maybe a bottle of booze and a penthouse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Flasks.

Rich
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother in law gave me a really nice set of poker chips in a metal case.

Also, I've had like a nice carry bag with my initials on it made.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought all mine knives from CRKT.  All loved them.  Who can't use another folder.  It was the KISS knife so it worked as a money clip as well.

Some surefire flashlights would be pretty cool as well.  You can get the G2 nitrolons for about $35.  I'd be pretty stoked getting that if I didn't already have one.  Actually I wouldn't mind getting another.  Buy the spare batteries from them too cause they are WAY WAY cheaper than anywhere else.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, i was determined to give something out they'd actually use, and not toss in a drawer.

So I did the micro/mini leatherman multitool keychain knifes, and had them engraved with their initials.
They loved em.

This was before Mr. Leatherman went rogue, so don't bother flaming.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Zippo Lighters.
Get them engraved with their name and a nice message.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Here are a couple knives under 60 (damn budget keeps going up.  don't want my guys getting shitty gifts.

Colt AR15 knife (assisted Opening)

Sog Blink (assisted opening)

Kershaw Leek (assisted opening)

Kiss In black and Gold

Kiss in TiN

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My buddy got us all SOG neck knives.  Best gift of any kind I have recieved.  I have found it handy in so many situations.  It even has a bottle opener on it, and man has that been a life saver...

jim
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I gave the guys in my wedding party MiniBuck multitools.  They loved 'em.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I am giving my guys engraved Buck Gentleman stainless knives.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#15]
All mine got benchmade knives that I picked up right before Gorilla and Sons went out of business.  Got them for a song.  You can pick up some really nice but inexpensive folders and have them engraved.  I got a Smith & Wesson 5 inch fighting/folder with a John Deere motife for <$5 at Sam's Club a year ago.  Wish I bought a crate of them.

Anyhow, look for some solid folders.  Best gift ever.  All my mugs and money clips are in the attic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought Maglights, the ones that use 4 d's. All in the nice silver finish. I had each one engraved with the groomans last name on the handle in Old English lettering. They came out awesome. Total cost: $35 each. I am sure I can get a pic if you'd like.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#17]
How about a nice pen set?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

OK Patty back off.  No guy wants a pen set.  EVER.  Ever hear a guy say, "Wow, what a swell fancy pen."

GET a Swiss army knife with all the gizmos on it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, I think I have settled on the colt folder, found it for 49 bucks on a site.  three of those  and I was thinking of getting the Colt Police Positive KNIFE for my Dad.  His father was a Jersey City cop and carried a Colt Police Positive for 30 odd years.  My Dad is still in possesion of his father's pistol.

I think it would be a nice gift...  Yea or Nay?

Police Positive knife

Police Positive pistol
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK Patty back off.  No guy wants a pen set.  EVER.  Ever hear a guy say, "Wow, what a swell fancy pen."

GET a Swiss army knife with all the gizmos on it.

www.swissknifeshop.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/53722D_Handyman.jpg

Point taken.  The knife is diffinately way cooler.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here are a couple knives under 60 (damn budget keeps going up.  don't want my guys getting shitty gifts.

Kiss In black and Gold

www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/crk/images/cr5500gk.jpg

Kiss in TiN

www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/crk/images/5510S.jpg

These Kiss knives look cool, but they don't hold an edge worth a damn.

How about some PTSF T-shirts?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#22]
PLEASE    NO FLASKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top