Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 7:31:22 AM EDT
Just wondering how long it will be before someone files a law suit because the government did not help them fast enough (or similar total BS).

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably already filed  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Gubmint' gonna owe me lots $$$
when dis is ovah
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I know I'm owed big time. $75m at least for my suffering. I haven't been helped at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know I'm owed big time. $75m at least for my suffering. I haven't been helped at all.

Yes, the Army food was terrible. Slop. It was cold. I haven't had a hot meal in days. You couldn't even eat the crackers they were so dry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Wondered that myself yesteray... I doubt it's far off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#6]

How long before the first Katrina related law suit?

You'll receive a letter from my attorneys on Tuesday in regards to this post.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, the Army food was terrible. Slop. It was cold. I haven't had a hot meal in days. You couldn't even eat the crackers they were so dry.

You saw that, too?  I couldn't believe it.  She looked like a street ho, too.  I thought, well, I hear they're giving hot beef injections like you like at the Superdome.  

The problem that no one will voice here is these are the people we were already taking care of.  They waited for the government bus that didn't come get them.  "Oh, well, I don't know what to do if the gubment ain't gonna take care of me."  These people have been on the government tit so long they had no idea how to save themselves.  Now they still can't figure it out.  We have coddled these people so long they've lost basic human instincts of self-preservation.  They didn't even heed the instincts to save their children.  Poverty, in a lot of these cases, is not the result of this storm.  It is the result of an entire life's worth of decisions made and opportunities pissed away to better themselves.  Sure, there are truly helpless people, I feel for them.  I feel for the kids who had no choice and are getting an early lesson on how to wait for others to take care of you (or die waiting).

I guess no one thought to crank up the Escalade with $5,000 worth of spinny rims and get the hell out of harm's way.  Oh, that's right, they had no means...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top