User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 11:23:31 PM EDT
The quote :

wli  (1000+ posts)      Fri Sep-02-05 03:07 AM
Response to Original message
1. About time photo confirmation of armed refugees came in. n/t

The Pic:

The Facts:  That looks like NOPD to me.  They put away the handguns(not really, I'm  sure they have them on there side) and grabbed there rifles at home ( or aquired them elsewhere).  

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell, I see the guys hat in the side door, but that dude in the back is questionable.

Regardless of the authenticity of this photo, Your comment on the DU was an understatement.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That pic came from Interdictor who is IN New Orleans. Those are NOPD.

more pics, and his daily reports at:www.nola-intel.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they should better represent themselves if they are PD. This is probaly where most of the "looters armed with AKs" is comming from.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that a MAK-90?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
those are not cops
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
those are not cops

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they are cops.  The one guy hanging out of the door has a NOPD hat.  The guy in the back, has a radio attached to his shirt.

Don't know, but I don't think the looters would be smart enough to play dress up and put a radio on like that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you think some of the cops dumped their uniforms to better "blend in?"

Also have to ask where the body armor is or maybe that would make them out to be cops.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Also have to ask where the body armor is or maybe that would make them out to be cops.

I think maybe the NOLA cops might be out of clean uniforms. Perhaps they are wearing what clean clothes they have left or have borrowed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think maybe the NOLA cops might be out of clean uniforms. Perhaps they are wearing what clean clothes they have left or have borrowed.

I think you are right.  I suspect the cops were only marginally better prepared than everybody else.  They're probably piecing together what resources they can to function - hence the reason they are driving a Kinko's minivan around and not a squad car.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are right.  I suspect the cops were only marginally better prepared than everybody else.  They're probably piecing together what resources they can to function - hence the reason they are driving a Kinko's minivan around and not a squad car.

I know there is a Mitch Hedberg joke in there somewhere...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The quote :

wli  (1000+ posts)      Fri Sep-02-05 03:07 AM
Response to Original message
1. About time photo confirmation of armed refugees came in. n/t

The Pic:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/maxxx_22/00008_97fbb81fdb75709eb2aed9af8688f.jpg

The Facts:  That looks like NOPD to me.  They put away the handguns(not really, I'm  sure they have them on there side) and grabbed there rifles at home ( or aquired them elsewhere).  

edit for spelling

But then again, these could be armed cops and armed looters at the same freakin time. Nothing would surprise me anymore down there.

edited = typo
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#12]
you might want to try that spelling edit againI agree the cops are probably out of serviceable uniforms by now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I know there is a Mitch Hedberg joke in there somewhere...

"Kinkos is my favorite copy center, if I had to pick one.

Cause they're open 24 hours, and that's great!

Like if it's 5 AM and I decide I need 2 of something... I'm covered!

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and go 'AAHH SHIT!! oh yeah... Kinkos! That will not remain singular!'"

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is that a MAK-90?

Yup, same one I have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top