Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:48:14 PM EDT
No not bowling for columbine, but bowling. Hurricane Katrina came into south Florida, and wiped power out. One of the few places within decent proximity of me was a bowling alley. From Saturday afternoon to Monday, I was bowling constantly. Then, Tuesday and Wednesday I went bowling after work. It's pretty cool, and I might as well have a scope on my arm, because the ball goes strait to where I want it now.

I want to learn how to hook that ball though, that is cool. Anyone got any pointers? I'm looking to getting my own ball, and this is great because my local alley gives NRA discounts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
my typical game is in the 70-80 rangei
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap, I'm in the 130-150 range.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I love bowling...especially during the long ass winters here...

I bowled a 150 once...and I have no idea how to "hook" the ball. No matter how long I watch someone I just can't get it to work.

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya. Someone told me once to act like I'm shaking hands with the ball. It didn't seem like the ball wanted to actually meet the pins though
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a good reactive ball, have it fitted, and take some lessons with a local pro.

Also, it's just like shooting. Muscle memory/consistently/repeatability are key. Do everything the same way, every time.

And, if your game goes down the pooper, remember they serve beer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Always shift 1 or 2 boards in the direction of the error.  Don't ask me why, but you will get better results every time.

I average about 160.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a first place league trophy around here some where.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Im 160-180 but have a good time no matter what.

We should all bowl more!

ETA: I use thier balls, and thier shoes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top