Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:45 PM EDT
I've managed to fuck up my new Springfield XD9 Tactical.  I was giving it a hasty cleaning last night (Man, that finish is rustprone as hell), and absentmindedly reassembled it...and for some reason when I drew back the slide it locked halfway back (no mag in the magwell).  Furthermore, both the barrel and the recoil spring guide(That is the proper terminology, right?) are sticking out about a half inch further than they should.  The slide moves neither backward nor forward; it seems quite well stuck.  I've had this gun for less than a month and a;ready I've managed screw it up.  I'm really feeling like a jackass right now, can anyone offer any suggestions, or better yet, solutions?

<We don't have the F-word in thread titles.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried tapping it in the rear with a mallet?

No joke. If you jammed it going back, you might be able to bump it forward and release it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
pics?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You probly put the springrod thingy in backwards. Call Springfield or go to the Handgun forum and check with those guys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
[twistknife] Man, you really are a Doucheatron3000! [/twistknife]

j/k

I'd try the mallet thing gently and check with the guys in Handguns if that doesn't work.

Can you see anything through the magwell?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[twistknife] Man, you really are a Doucheatron3000! [/twistknife]

j/k

I deserve that completely.  Yes, the magwell is about half exposed.  I tried smacking the back of it(smacking the rear of the slide on a stack of notebooks).  Gently didn't do it...a little rougher didn't do it.  I don't really want to try wailing away on it.

I posted the same topic in the Springfield forum, but GD just gets so much more traffic, and I was hoping to have this cleared up in time to show it off to a friend of mine of Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Wail away on the rear of the slide, ie: Hammer swinging motion on something fairly substantial. If it fails in some way take it as an expensive lesson on why you should have bought a Glock.

I purchased a Glock 17 as my first firearm and that thing was indestructible.... 600 rounds down the pipe my first range visit, no cleanings in between. Not a single failure, nor did I have any for the next 1000 rounds before I sold it for school.

Sorry about the hijack... I just miss that pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top