Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT
Sorry to sound like an opportunist, but I think we should be using this disaster to support our 2nd Amendment Rights. We should be doing everything possible to dig up stories of how firearm ownership helped save lives and property. Stories and pictures of shop owners and families protecting themselves and their property from looters are prime examples of why the 2nd Amendment is so important. There is no greater argument.

Does anyone have the picture of the old man with a shotgun and the words “Looters will be shot” written in spray-paint on the wall behind him? Please post it.

Does anyone else have any other pictures or stories?

It’s material like this that can latter be used in support of our constitutional rights when writting to legislators, etc. Lets archive it now, before it's lost.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it will have the opposite effect.  All we have heard is about looters running wild with guns and armed gunmen causing havoc.  Not one story of a civilian doing any good with a gun.  I'm sure there are tons of stories about civilians protecting others with guns, but it isn't being reported.

Therfore we might see more people ask for gun control.  ie.. If there were no weapons in the city, we wouldn't have these armed gunmen.  

Brace ourselves!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Your right, it's the liberal media's bias.

That's exactly my point though, we need to get these stories out there. If they aren't going to do it, than we need to.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I guess I killed your thread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
[liberal]
See.  If we banned guns this raping and pillaging would never happen!!!
[/liberal]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Any person who uses a gun to protect himself will only be painted as a criminal, looter, or anything but a person who is simply defending himself.  I'll even go as far as to say that some of the looters who stole guns from gun stores only did so to afford themselves some protection.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any person who uses a gun to protect himself will only be painted as a criminal, looter, or anything but a person who is simply defending himself.  I'll even go as far as to say that some of the looters who stole guns from gun stores only did so to afford themselves some protection.

Not true. During the Rodney King Riots here in Los Angeles, many asian market owners protected their stores with rifles from their rooftops, they were painted as patriots.

Also, not too long ago, Conodlezza Rice painted her father and uncle as patriots who defended their family during the race riots of the 1960's.

You all are being too synical.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, we have not seen and pictures of people running around with AK-47s in the streets on NOLA. We have gotten fairly spotty reports and second or no-hand information.

The media seems to be stuck around the Superdome and Quarter. Who knows what is going on in the outlying areas, there cut be a guy who has nailed looters... What is he going to do, report it ?

In fact, I would bet that NOPD has probably shot a few people and it hasn't been reported.... Indeed, I find it hard to believe that NOPD hasn't but the zap on more than a few people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Tryed no movement.
Link
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true. During the Rodney King Riots here in Los Angeles, many asian market owners protected their stores with rifles from their rooftops, they were painted as patriots.

Also, not too long ago, Conodlezza Rice painted her father and uncle as patriots who defended their family during the race riots of the 1960's.

You all are being too synical.

During the LA riots the local media there called the people defending their property "vigilanties" not patriots. I saw it and never heard them called patriots by the media. Maybe others did though . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top