Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
let's see, acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 m/s2... ballistic coefficient of a 1 litre Aquafina is .633....

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It hasn't been four days. They had truckloads prepositioned and more have been arriving every day.

You guys won't trust the media when it comes to reporting about guns, but you'll let your perceptions be shaped by the straw-like perspective of the TV camera.

So the footage that I'm seeing of thousands of people standing at the stadium carrying dead or past out people to the national guardsmen because of dehydration is what........straw like perspective?

Put down the crack pipe or lsd. Or pass it out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh wait, I post a question that you don't like so I'm a troll posting stupid shit.
I don't give a shit how stupid you think those people are they are human. I don't know what news you people are watching that is showing people living well with plenty of food and water.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh wait, I post a question that you don't like so I'm a troll posting stupid shit.
I don't give a shit how stupid you think those people are they are human. I don't know what news you people are watching that is showing people living well with plenty of food and water.

One more time. THE PEOPLE IN THE DOME AND CONVENTION CENTER AREA ARE GETTING 2 MRE'S A DAY PLUS WATER.

What they need to do is evacuate. They are working on it.

Let me ask you this. Do you have enough food/water to sustain your family for a week? If not, get busy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Man you just won't stop with the stupidity will you?

It's a fucking disaster, why would everybody be living well with plenty of food and water?

Napoleon Dynamite voice < Idiot> Napoleon Dynamite voice
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Just listened to one woman who is in the Superdome. She's pissed because they only got served crackers and water. Instead of hot meals.

Give me a break.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just listened to one woman who is in the Superdome. She's pissed because they only got served crackers and water. Instead of hot meals.

Give me a break.

Funny, the news I'm watching is showing dehydrated babies that are next to past out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe if there weren't snipers they would have been evacuated already. Sniping really hampers the rescue efforts, ya know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya know, the worst thing about all of this is that most of it could have been prevented. N.O. came through the storm in relatively good shape. Experts and Gov. officials have known and talked about the possible failure of the levie system for years.

Why werent repair materials pre staged around the city with the proper equipment to do emergency repairs right after a storm? Why wasn't a team of civil engineers prepared to inspect the system immediately upon the return of safe contitions and look for weakened areas? Why did the P.D. not have a plan for communication and transportation in the event that the levie failed and the city was flooded? Why was there no plan to evacuate hospitals and nursing homes at the first sign of an impending flood? Why has there been no communitation with the people stranded in the city? Why was there no plan to relocate the victims left in the city after the flood was aparent?

There have been a lot of comments about how they deserved what they got for not leaving when warned. It costs a lot of money to bug-out at the last minute. It appears to me that most of these people are low income and poor people who just didn't have the money to leave.

I live in central Fl. we got hit 3 times last summer, none of them nearly as bad as this one. I can certanly afford to evacuate if need be but I would not go either. Once you are out Gov. officials will refuse to let you return for days or weeks. I would stay to protect my property.

In my opinion the Mayor of N.O. and the Governor of LA. have to bear a lot of responsibility for being totaly unprepared for this fiasco even though they were warned of its evantuality for years.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ya know, the worst thing about all of this is that most of it could have been prevented. N.O. came through the storm in relatively good shape. Experts and Gov. officials have known and talked about the possible failure of the levie system for years.

Why werent repair materials pre staged around the city with the proper equipment to do emergency repairs right after a storm? Why wasn't a team of civil engineers prepared to inspect the system immediately upon the return of safe contitions and look for weakened areas? Why did the P.D. not have a plan for communication and transportation in the event that the levie failed and the city was flooded? Why was there no plan to evacuate hospitals and nursing homes at the first sign of an impending flood? Why has there been no communitation with the people stranded in the city? Why was there no plan to relocate the victims left in the city after the flood was aparent?

There have been a lot of comments about how they deserved what they got for not leaving when warned. It costs a lot of money to bug-out at the last minute. It appears to me that most of these people are low income and poor people who just didn't have the money to leave.

I live in central Fl. we got hit 3 times last summer, none of them nearly as bad as this one. I can certanly afford to evacuate if need be but I would not go either. Once you are out Gov. officials will refuse to let you return for days or weeks. I would stay to protect my property.

In my opinion the Mayor of N.O. and the Governor of LA. have to bear a lot of responsibility for being totaly unprepared for this fiasco even though they were warned of its evantuality for years.

Nicely put. Get ready for name calling.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I see alot of WHY questions but what i dont understand is WHY do you think its .gov's responsibility to take care of these people? There is no requirment that the government has to take care of anyone. God gave those people two legs and feet, i wonder why ! Maybe so they could walk there asses out of a danger zone when the need came. They where warned of the hurricane, they where demanded to leave, they did not listen.  They had FREE rides out to shelters before the storm hit, it was broadcast everywhere that there where busses waiting for people to leave along with departure points, the intelligent ones did.  The ones that stayed , stayed because they thought ( mistake ) that they could ride out the storm and now they EXPECT others to come save there asses for being stupid? The government is doing the best they can with what they have. It takes time to move ships, planes, and people...  Its doesnt cost much to pack survival items in a car and drive.  Haveing no money to leave isnt a valid excuse since there where FREE rides out of town. From most ive seen and read from LEO on scene the looters are looting more then what they need for survival. They are shooting at LEO's ( couple dead already ) , military Helocopters, and hospital employees .  Believe it or not, if .gov ever stopped handing out welfare checks, we would see this same shit accross the entire USA ..... Feed animals for so long and then cut them off and you get chaos........

ETA: National gaurdsman was shot inside the super dome yesterday ....  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Everyone in the area was told to leave BEFORE they got hit. The intelligent ones did and may have lost there home but are more then likely at a relitives house drinking cold clean water and eating plenty of fresh food. The ones without brains and the criminals who think .gov is required to help them are the ones who remained. Why should the intelligent folk who left have to go back in and put there lives in danger to save the dumbasses who didnt listen?  The way i see it, there lucky there getting what there getting at all........

DuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuh
DuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuhDuh etc.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Geez, having a conversation with some of you guys is like arguing with the tourettes guy. (www.tourettesguy.com) your fucking frothing at the mouth.

Your not kiddin, I had two threads locked trying to talk about this.

Hey, at least here they just lock your thread. Over at the DU, those stinking commie bastards not only ban you, but erase every word that you wrote that might have offended some silk pantied New York fruitcake.

Oh yeah, by the way, 1500 lbs of water would generate some looter-paste in a hurry. 40 mph is probably conservative.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No offense, I love our military, but just because you jump out of an airplane does not make you an expert on a crisis situation such as this.

I'll wager that the veterans on this forum have the ability (borne of much field experience) to quickly separate the silly, over-simplified pablum fed to the public by the liberal reporters on the ground from the harsh, cold reality of the huge complexities of logistics involved when a major city's infrastructure is destroyed.  And yes - dropping pallets of water is a very dangerous thing on several levels.  I recommend that anyone that thinks that it is easy and relatively risk-free to order an 18 wheeler of water and a cargo aircraft and lead the effort themselves.

Everything looks a lot clearer and simpler on CNN.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
      No, I am not in the fucking air force so I will need someone to explain the logistics to me.  I just find it hard to believe that it is that difficult.  We airdrop shit to third world countries all the time, why not our own.  You're telling me that there arent a few cargo planes at a nearby airbase that could drop a few hundred pallets of water down to those people?  If the reason they arent doing this is to avoid riots and fighting, OK.  But with all those old people and babies dropping like flies I would think they could overcome a few obstacles.

About having water stored, hindsight is 20/20, and when you are born stupid you probably dont plan ahead very far ahead.  They have been without water since Monday, thats quite a bit of water for a family to store, especially if you have six kids.

The problem is finding a big enough area that is dry, and wide open enough to use for a dropzone....

Airdrops are by no means precision operations, if you will notice, when the 3rd world airdrops take place they usually drop the shit into a wide open field...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]
ok 2 points to make here

1. the damn place was flooded...

2, a water heater holds about 75 gallons of clean drinking water, i'd have that thing shut off in a heart beat.

use flood water for misc things, that 75 gallons can last an incredibly long time for drinking water, plus, i dont know about you guys, but i keep iodine tablets, and an MSR watter filter, so that, plus 75 should last long enough...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see alot of WHY questions but what i dont understand is WHY do you think its .gov's responsibility to take care of these people? There is no requirment that the government has to take care of anyone. God gave those people two legs and feet, i wonder why ! Maybe so they could walk there asses out of a danger zone when the need came. They where warned of the hurricane, they where demanded to leave, they did not listen.  They had FREE rides out to shelters before the storm hit, it was broadcast everywhere that there where busses waiting for people to leave along with departure points, the intelligent ones did.  The ones that stayed , stayed because they thought ( mistake ) that they could ride out the storm and now they EXPECT others to come save there asses for being stupid? The government is doing the best they can with what they have. It takes time to move ships, planes, and people...  Its doesnt cost much to pack survival items in a car and drive.  Haveing no money to leave isnt a valid excuse since there where FREE rides out of town. From most ive seen and read from LEO on scene the looters are looting more then what they need for survival. They are shooting at LEO's ( couple dead already ) , military Helocopters, and hospital employees .  Believe it or not, if .gov ever stopped handing out welfare checks, we would see this same shit accross the entire USA ..... Feed animals for so long and then cut them off and you get chaos........

ETA: National gaurdsman was shot inside the super dome yesterday ....  

It is the governments responsibility to protect all of its citizens and their property. If they are not responsable for that I will ask another question why do we need a government? Since you think these people are less than human lets take them out of the equation for a minute. Dont you think the government should protect all of the buildings and property that belong to investors and the smart wealthy people who left town? Should they not protect the property of the city and state?

I actually agree with some of your comments about looters who are stealing more than food and water.

I seem to recall that the city opened up the Superdome to evacuees sometime on Sunday. It was initally designated for special needs only up until that point (people who needed medical care). I don't recall hearing about public transportation to leave the city at all. I am not saying it didn't hapen only that I did not hear about it. But is obvious that there is no way all of them could have been relocated anyway. Look at how long it is taking just to get the first few buses out of town now.

It is obvious that there is a criminal element amoung these folks and I agree that some of them should be shot on site. That however does not condem the rest of them to being sub-human. Yes they made a mistake by staying, almost everyone who ever needed emergency help made a mistake, should we consider them sub-human too? Not worth saving!

I return to my original point, that if the City and State had properly prepared N.O. would not be in the mess it is in now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If you dropped a few large pallets near the convention center who cares if they crush some shit everything down there is already destroyed.

Well that shit's family is gonna care and the media and people like you will plane the Air Force for not developing 'smart pallents' with precision drop capabilites and that float down like feathers.

Get a clue and let the proffessionals due their job.  Hey don't worry Tuesday you'll be back in Mrs. Cratchet's homeroom class worring if Suzzy Rotten Crotch got your note.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No offense, I love our military, but just because you jump out of an airplane does not make you an expert on a crisis situation such as this.

Depending on his qualifications, he very well may be...

Ex, a guy who's been to Pathfinder school will know exactly how much wide-open space is needed to drop X pallets of water (not having been, I don't know, beyond 'ALOT')...

There are plenty of folks in the Army who ARE experts at loading/dropping supplies out of planes...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn't they tell people to go to the super dome for shelter
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Okay, did some figuring.  

A C-130E can carry approximately 23,519 pounds of usable payload. Of that, 2010lbs are pallets and nets, equalling 21,509 of cargo.  At 8lbs to the gallon, that's a total of 2688.625 gallons of water (does NOT include the weight of the packaging, so that's optimistic by at least a hundred pounds or so).  

Each gallon equals 3.29 liters, so that means one C-130 can carry approximately 8,845.47625 liters of water (once again, minus the packaging), to put it in perspective.

Now, switch back to gallons.  A person needs an average of at least two gallons of water per day, meaning one C-130 can carry the water requirements for 1,344 people per day (and change).

Average cost of flying a C-130 is $3400/hr, times minimum of 2hr flight to taxi, take off, fly the mission, adjust gross maximum weight (fly circles burning gas until the plane is light enough to land without breaking the wings off) and land.  Total cost for mission, $6800/hr, not counting personnel payroll and cost of the water itself.

So, considering that there are only 514 C-130s in the entire USAF inventory (and alot of those are overseas, down for maintenance, etc.), there's maybe 15 that can be used for airlift into the area.  Best estimate,  15 C-130s X 1344 people supported/day = 20,000 people supported, and NOTHING else (medicines, search & rescue teams, diapers) gets in.

This assumes a perfect world where the deliveries were made directly into the users hands.  Airdropping, as others have said, involves accuracy, safety, and distribution issues that I'm not even going to touch.  You're assuming that A) the supplies arrive at the right time without B) killing someone on the ground and C) bursting open the containers (water is HEAVY), meaning your mission was wasted.

Now, compare that to a tractor-trailer full of water.  A tractor-trailer can carry an average of 80,000 pounds of payload.  That's 10,000 gallons of water, or enough for 5,000 people.  Cost of operating a tractor-trailer:  less than $100/hr (including driver payroll) (Per a Minn. Dept of Transportation study from 2004--Google is a wonderful thing).  Numbers of tractor-trailers available to deliver--several hundred; and you don't have some of the accuracy, safety and distribution issues associated with airdrops.

Bottom line--cheaper, easier, safer and smarter to load up a couple hundred semis with bottled water, and let the aircraft bring in the RIGHT NOW critical supplies.

Does that answer your questions?

ETA: One other thing--you are assuming that a pallet comes down vertically.  Not true--a pallet has forward motion, and will skid across the ground for a couple of hundred feet if it's moving fast.  So, trying to put it near the Superdome may very well put it IN the Superdome, through the wall and a couple of families.  That's not going to work......
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Now, switch back to gallons.  A person needs an average of at least two gallons of water per day, meaning one C-130 can carry the water requirements for 1,344 people per day (and change).

A person can get by with one gallon a day if all they are doing is sitting around (as they are).  So you can double your figure for # of people.

Other than that minor point, a very good simplified analysis.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#23]
If buses are getting in from texas, then I'm sure a couple of tanker trucks could (say like pool water delivery trucks)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A person can get by with one gallon a day if all they are doing is sitting around (as they are).  So you can double your figure for # of people.

Other than that minor point, a very good simplified analysis.

Good point.  I was using the 2 gal figure as the brush teeth/cook/clean/drink figure from my days in hunting camp.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well that shit's family is gonna care and the media and people like you will plane the Air Force for not developing 'smart pallents' with precision drop capabilites and that float down like feathers..

Actually, they do have smart pallets with GPS guidance on them.

'Dumb' Airdrop Becomes Smart

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that shit's family is gonna care and the media and people like you will plane the Air Force for not developing 'smart pallents' with precision drop capabilites and that float down like feathers..

Actually, they do have smart pallets with GPS guidance on them.

'Dumb' Airdrop Becomes Smart

www.military.com/pics/SoldierTech_Sherpa1.jpg

Neat idea however it doesn't fix anything for this problem for 3 reasons:

1) It's still in R&D and not in production.

2) It improvess accuracy but a +/- 100m still isn't good enough for this situation (heck I can do better with dumb bombs from a B1B).

3) It's still not floating down like a feather.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If buses are getting in from texas, then I'm sure a couple of tanker trucks could (say like pool water delivery trucks)

No such thing. You fill your pool from your hose. And the water trucks (big tanks) are generally non-potable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#28]
From this thread, there were 132 tractor-trailers with water departing Camp Beauregaurd today, totalling about 80,000 gallons of water alone.

Much easier and quicker to drive it in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It is the governments responsibility to protect all of its citizens and their property.

Where did you learn that from?  Where is that written?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a break.

Funny, the news I'm watching is showing dehydrated babies that are next to past out.

Spent an hour watching network news coverage. I don't see hundreds of dehydration deaths. Turn off DUTV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It is the governments responsibility to protect all of its citizens and their property.

No it's not.  That comes down from the US Supream Court which has ruled on this subject several times. YOU are responsible for protecting YOU.

If they are not responsable for that I will ask another question why do we need a government?

To secure your rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.   Not to protect and/or provide for YOU as an individual.

Should they not protect the property of the city and state?

To the best of their ability yes.

I return to my original point, that if the City and State had properly prepared N.O. would not be in the mess it is in now.

I agree.  Heck if they just enforced the evac order or upgraded the levees they could have prevented alot of this.  But now we're just crying over spilt milk.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a break.

Only because their parents are too stupid to make up their minds, get up and actually GO someplace to get their own help--they've just planted their butts down where they are and want the Nanny State to tell them where to go and what to do.  Most of the folks I've seen like that on the news have nothing else to say but "no one's told me where to go to get help."

In four days I and my family could have made some pretty serious tracks out of there, even if we were dehydrated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They are already.

You seem familiar.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#34]
      The gov does not have to help, but It's nice to help your own people, since we bend over for every other country that needs our help.  Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying the gov isnt doing all it can at the moment, I was just asking a simple question about air dropping water and it spiraled out of control.

I do however feel that some of you guys are acting a bit heartless.  The gov does not have to help but in the long-run we are all in this together.  The sooner the people are taken care of, the sooner they can address other important issues, like refineries and oil derricks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:53:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
      The gov does not have to help, but It's nice to help your own people, since we bend over for every other country that needs our help.  Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying the gov isnt doing all it can at the moment, I was just asking a simple question about air dropping water and it spiraled out of control.

I do however feel that some of you guys are acting a bit heartless.  The gov does not have to help but in the long-run we are all in this together.  The sooner the people are taken care of, the sooner they can address other important issues, like refineries and oil derricks.

Most of the heartless reaction comes from a couple of reasons:

- Fact of life: stupid choices sometimes kill you.  They were told to get out.  They didn't--either because they couldn't or wouldn't. They made their beds, now they have to lie in it.  Why should everyone else in the country pay a price for their choices?

- Most of the people there aren't DOING anything for themselves, except either A) looting and shooting or B) sitting like a bump whining about not being taken care of.  The independent, morally conservative types of ARF.COM find that disgusting, myself included.  I'd have put my back to New Orleans three days ago and headed north.  A man can cover a lot of territory in three days.

- New Orleans is a symptom of a much larger problem--the liberal-bred welfare recipient who DEMANDS that the world owes them, even though they haven't done anything to deserve it except turn oxygen into carbon dioxide.  When the world stops delivering, they get violent and ugly.

Part of it is the way you asked the question.  "I would think this would be easy to do" struck me (as an active-duty USAF officer) as an insult, translated as "You're not doing enough, or doing it right."

You came across as if A) you know better, and B) you had THE OBVIOUS solution that no one else seemed to see, when those with much more experience, knowledge, credibility and skill (i.e., the folks who get paid to do this stuff) have determined the best way to do it is to truck it in, because it's safer, cheaper, and more effective.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#36]
They can't drop it from planes due to the inability to guide them. A pallet of water dropped over New Orleans would likely land in the water, which is currently a mixture of sewage, festering corpses, and all the garbage that an entire city can produce. If it lands in the water, it's lost. This is to say nothing of what would happen if it landed in a crowwd of refugees, or the violence that would ensue if it landed safely. Being dehydrated is no joke. People will kill you to get water.

Helicopter delivery would set off a double riot, with people trying to get the supplies, while others attempted to board the helo. Dumping the supplies out is also a no go, as most LZs have been too crowded to land on. For a better mental picture, google info on Operation Frequent Wind, the fall of Saigon. The pictures of the American Embassy in Saigon being overrun by terrified, doomed people trying to escape paint an exact picture of what would happen in New Orleans.

Trucks and boats with security are the way to go. Unfortunatly, we won't be able to save everyone. Even some of those who have made it this far will die waiting for rescue and resupply. Contrary to the popular American belief, we can't save everyone all of the time. This would be true if every street corner in New Orleans had been stocked with pallets of water and MREs last week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope it rains.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Or they will shoot down the air craft then loot it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:03:51 AM EDT
[#39]
They are getting some.  I just went to walmart to buy some more.  They had 3 12 packs of dasani and 3 of ozarka.  Some woman got to the dasani the same time I got to the ozarka.  So my local walmart has none, and won't be getting any.  All on the way to the coast.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Look if you guys remember your history, and you guys in the Air Force should know this, (you are tested on it yearly) the Berlin airlift.   It tuck over a week to plain and start up.  

All big logistics operations take time to get in place, you just can’t snap you fingers and boom there it is.   The problem here is these people are just in a panic state and need to be calmed down. When the National Guard gets in there and get some sort of order in place you will see a lot more being done.  

If a supply helicopter dropped in with supplies with this chaos going on it would get over run with people. Then the people helping will start getting hart.  Look at the cop that got shot in the head, look at the cost guard helicopter that got shot at.

If you just drop the food and water in there will be a mass riot and more people would get hart, those same people will try and sue the government for them getting hart.  

The only thing those poor people can do is wait for the Guard to get in and start handing out supplies.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Can't air drop becuase where will it land?  On people?  Out of reach in a dangerous area?  In the nasty ass water in the city?

Helicotpers - being used to evac those who are still trapped and those in dire need of medical attention.  

Why not throw a pallet of bottled water on one of those choppers so when it comes back to the Stuperdome it can drop it off?  Simple.  One pallet is going to be barely enought for a small group of the thousands of people.  Can you see the stampede of people rushing the helicopter for the water?  Can you see the deaths from all of that stampeding? (like Iraq the other day).  

So just put water on every chopper coming back.  Answer = logisitics and the answer above.

Where are all the buses?  Busy running people back and forth in a somewhat organized fashion.  Let's stop and think for a second.  One bus holds anywhere from 30 to 40 people.  Early reports were that there were 20,000 at the Stuperdome.  That's 500 buses to move them.  I believe there are far more than 20,000 people to move so you may need 1,000 busses.  That's a lot of busses, fuel, drivers, coordination, etc.  It takes time.

So why aren't we setting up camps like the military right outside the superdome?  Well because the goal is to get people out of the area, not to keep them there.  If we setup camps people will stay there and not get out of danger.  

Listen, I hate to say this, but if two major roads are open, I10 and highway 90, I would have started walking them.  I would have tried to put as much distance between me and the shithole that NO has become.  I can't figure out why, for the love of God, these people are just standing on the bridge bitching about help.  If you can, help yourself and use your two feet?  Maybe I'm missing something.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top