BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:38 AM EDT
Post links. This is all I have seen:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385076
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Italy is helping and they are bringing pasta.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've thought hard about this, and I'm not buying in on this criticism.

We are the acknowledged big brother of the world, taking care of less "fortunate" countries whenever they need anything like this.  We give away aid like candy, and other companies are aware of this reputation.

So there are two problems with them sending aid here, both of our owm making:

First, it's the perception they must have that if we can drop a bazillion dollar aid package whenever the need comes up, then we can probably take care of it ourselves.

Second, don't for a second think that, if countries DID send aid, this thread would not exist.  It would just read something like "X country is taking money we gave them and just handing it back, why didn't we just keep the money?"    
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I know that both England and Germay have offered assistance.  I saw a live interview on TV this morning with the President.  He mentioned that many countries have offered aid if we need it.   So far, he things that we will be able to handle this ourselves.  And he is right.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Germany wont help until they get their 416's back......................
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I forgot to mention the oil offer for low income families from Venezuela in my original post.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm just looking for information, not offering criticism.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Germany wont help until they get their 416's back......................

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I am surprised that Poland hasnt offered up anything yet. Though a small county they have been a good friend to the US in the past couple years.
CH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Texas is helping, who else is needed?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just looking for information, not offering criticism.

I understand, I'm not doggin you.  I didn't want to get too wordy, but I think it's clear from my post that I'm NOT ok with the status quo of us handing out $$ every time soneone else needs it.

But I don't think the argument here goes anywhere.

Yes, it would be nice to see some gratitude for once, I agree with that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#11]
lots of countries have offered varying degrees of help, even the french. here's a link with links to links of linked stories. and more links. i think some linux too...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385080
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I forgot to mention the oil offer for low income families from Argentina in my original post.

Don't you mean Venezuela?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Isreal has offered aid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I forgot to mention the oil offer for low income families from Argentina in my original post.

Don't you mean Venezuela?

Yep. My bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top