Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:35:34 AM EDT
Well if you have been following the shit ive been going through lately. One month ago i got a divorce and i got stuck with all the bills. Seven years of pure hell. Well after working a 13 hr shift last night HR informs me that do to Corporate downsizing...................... you got it canned !!!!!!!!!! Holy shit you wanna talk about a speechless moment.Two months ago i got a perfect evaluation from corporate HQ. Well my boss decided that one of the three hand to go so he picked me even though i have been a supervisor for two yrs prior to an other supervisor. The other two have severe disciplinary action in thier personnel file. Anyways do i have the right to appeal and know how they came to thier decision. I get one month severence pay for 7 yrs. Anyone ever been in my shoes before ie house,car,bills & no job !!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that, man.  But at least you have your life and aren't currently fighting off looters and wondering where your next meal or sip of water will come from.  Get those resumes out there and something will come up.  Chin up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be worse.
You could be stuck in your attic with a broken arm and water up to your chin.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Must have found out you were a gun owner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang, someone mixed your life up with a country music song.  That's rough.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#5]
deal with it. I got fired after 7 yrs. too. They kept the 3 time convicted DUI offender for and automotive related job. Gotta just move on and be happy for what you do have. It could be alot worse.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
BTDT but I did get 6 months severance pay.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#7]
BTDT several times.  I finally fuckin' gave up.  Fuck it.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#8]
life is a bitch, then you die.......... I'm sure you will come out of it OK, then you will step on another landmine, a little further down the path.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I really wish you luck.  I had my job "outsourced" earlier this year.  Thank God my wife has a decent job.

God bless.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Hang in there and ride it out, someone just served you up a tuff piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately you dont't have much recourse.  An employer can terminate you whne they want for any reason or no reason at all.  There are 1 or 2 states (I htink Montana may be one) where they actually have to give a reason for a firing to stand up legally.

I got layed off one month after our first child was born, and you know what? I landed a great job that I still have 8 years later.  It was a blessing in disguise.

You will find something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#12]
You need to go back to your job and....................well......................you know what to do .

postal
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]
At least you're not lordtrader.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks guys you made me crack a smile........................lol. Next job I get is just for food,lodgeing,have fun,and guns. Fuck the cars,house and all that shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You need to go back to your job and....................well......................you know what to do .

postal

great idea...

(note to self:  NEVER hire donovan007007)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well if you have been following the shit ive been going through lately. One month ago i got a divorce and i got stuck with all the bills. Seven years of pure hell. Well after working a 13 hr shift last night HR informs me that do to Corporate downsizing...................... you got it canned !!!!!!!!!! Holy shit you wanna talk about a speechless moment.Two months ago i got a perfect evaluation from corporate HQ. Well my boss decided that one of the three hand to go so he picked me even though i have been a supervisor for two yrs prior to an other supervisor. The other two have severe disciplinary action in thier personnel file. Anyways do i have the right to appeal and know how they came to thier decision. I get one month severence pay for 7 yrs. Anyone ever been in my shoes before ie house,car,bills & no job !!!!!!!!!  

one moth severence for 7 years

that's pathetic. 2 weeks per year is the standard. Who's cheerios did you piss in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top