Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 3:45:30 PM EDT
I was driving home last night, following a friend to my house. We were going down one of the citys main thoroughfares. Then I see a cat booking it across the road. My thought was, "Uh oh, that cat is gonna run right in front of Laura's...."

*thunk*

Direct hit with a wheel. The cat was in the middle of the lane and the center of my car went over the cat, and I could see it rolling around on the road in my rearview mirror.

Kinda sad really. I would have liked to have dispatched it with my Glock to put it out of its misery, but traffic was thick and the city of Denver does not look too kindly on discharging a weapon.

My friend could not have avoided the cat. She had no maneuvering room on either side, and the cat darted out into the road in a full run.

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was driving home last night, following a friend to my house. We were going down one of the citys main thoroughfares. Then I see a cat booking it across the road. My thought was, "Uh oh, that cat is gonna run right in front of Laura's...."

*thunk*

Direct hit with a wheel. The cat was in the middle of the lane and the center of my car went over the cat, and I could see it rolling around on the road in my rearview mirror.

Kinda sad really. I would have liked to have dispatched it with my Glock to put it out of its misery, but traffic was thick and the city of Denver does not look too kindly on discharging a weapon.

My friend could not have avoided the cat. She had no maneuvering room on either side, and the cat darted out into the road in a full run.

That is all.

why even waste the bandwidth??
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
that sucks but as much as I like pets unleashed pets are fairgame or their owners should be flogged
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
someone will be along with the "free cat" picture any moment now
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't even bother to get attached to a pet I was going to let run loose.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Give your friend a dollar and tell him thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

why even waste the bandwidth??

Why are you wasting oxygen?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That  improves cats don't be sad.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Give your friend a dollar and tell him thanks

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank her for not swerving and causing an accident.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
All I can say is...ten points...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Not too bad. I ran over a dove that walked into the street. I had nowhere to go since the asshats with their monster trucks were right up my ass... so I killed the dove.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top