Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 2:54:24 PM EDT
weird I have been using the same card for almost 5 years and they have never called be to verify purchases for security reasons, but literally 20 minutes I used it to but a new rifle they called asking me to verify that it was me that made the purchase, kinda weird, maybe another way the government tracks who bought a gun. Everboday put on their tinfoil hats!!!! But seriously, this ever happen to anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  I bought some stuff 200 miles from my house and they called my wife at home.  I also bought a CDNN SP1 upper and they called.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple months ago I bought some tools. A fairly dececnt price tag. A couple hours later the credit card company calls asking if I made this purchase. All was good then. Nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Bank called and asked if I bought some stuff from a debit card. Had many orders from the place before. I think its like quality control from some manufactures , grab one at random to see if the others have problems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It happened to me, someone from Cali. stole my CC number from an internet purchase some time ago and, bought an $800.00 PC. My CC called and asked me to verify the charge. That was an eye opener.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
They use to call me but they don't seem to anymore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Visa does it often, most shops will have a sign that says Visa secured or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought my $1900 laptop with my debit card, Visa immeditly froze the account and called me. Cleared it up in 5 mins. I was pretty impressed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to Kaliforniastan several years ago on bidness. Got a call after I got back to check. I appreciated it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I paid for gas one day on my Visa debit card. For some reason the pay at the pump reader kept rejecting my card, so I had to go inside and have it run there and it worked fine.

The bank locked my card because the first attempted transaction at the actual pump looked suspicious to them. Took 5 minutes on the phone and a WTF from me to get it unlocked. I wish they would've called and asked me what was going on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
CC company called when I bought my RR M16....damn glad my wife didn't pick up that call.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They use to call me but they don't seem to anymore.

Same here
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#12]
that's all i use my cards for is buying guns and ammo.  their used to it by now
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]
My bank shit a brick last month. A bunch of CC numbers were stolen and they were in the process of sending mew cards out (thankyou India) and I tried to buy a new bike for $11,743. Then when my new card came in, I had to go to my branch in person to activate the new card.

"Just like having cash in your pocket" MY ASS!

Dave
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Same thing happened to me last week.  Bought an MP3 player at Wal Mart at 3AM.  They called that morning.

Never happened in the five years I've had the card, although the company has changed hands twice in the last year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
CC company called when I bought my RR M16....damn glad my wife didn't pick up that call.

you must be whipped or something
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top