Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:37:59 PM EDT
Her little safe with all her xtra money, ID's, Deed to the house, titles to the cars, insurance policies, social security cards, etc.etc.etc.
What the fuck is wrong with people?  Stealing from a family that has lost everything? WTF!!!!!
She called once already & so I know she is ok right now, staying with some friends somewhere on the outskirts of town, along with the family but the dog is gone which sucks, ( the bitch was the Pure Bread shepherd from Germany I was getting ready to breed my male Shepherd with)
I am so fucking pissed, and upset I don't know what to do.  I want to drive down there from Maine right now, with a truck load of stuff and get them the hell out of there.
But there is no way to get in and there is no way for her to get out she said.
Where can I find a map of all the roads that are accessable & the ones that aren't?
I don't know how I will reach her or even find her again if the cell phones don't work.  
Also if I leave to go down there, I will most certainly loose my job, but who else is going to try and help her. Certainly not my other jerk off family members.
Does any one here think it would be a good or bad idea for me to try to do something and if so, what?
I don't have much ability to do anything really, except for load up the weapons and head down to try and find them. Of course I would bring my BOB and plenty of water and food. I am pretty geared up.  What do I do guys?

M4-CQBR

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I say <COC Violation> those damn thieves.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
stay calm.  stay where you are.

wait until things clear out a little.

above all don't lose self-control.

possilbly look for ways to get her up there (bus ticket, train, etc.)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry here this, fucking worthless people I know the feeling minus the theft.

I hope everything turns out OK for your sis
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
stay calm.  stay where you are.

wait until things clear out a little.

above all don't lose self-control.

possilbly look for ways to get her up there (bus ticket, train, etc.)

I agree. but there is option #1(post) if that fails
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If she needs help then it won't do her any good if you are out of a job - maybe invite them up to stay for a few weeks.

Honestly, the material stuff doesn;t matter, that they are safe is ALL that counts.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what to tell you.  Do the right thing you will never regret it.  I have not always done the right thing, and it catches up with you.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for your sisters loss. I was in contact with my family earlier today, but haven't been able to get a hold of them since.  I'm more than likely heading down from West Virginia this Thursday to bring a generator to them and to just see what I can do around the place.

I just hope I can make it down to MS.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]
That can't be...

Because we all know the "looters" are just the oppressed proletariat, taking back what it rightly theirs from the rich capitalists.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all for the kinds thoughts. . . they are good people.
So, Yeah I have a 6000 watt diesel generator mounted on a flat bed trailer with a 275 gal fuel tank mounted on the trailer as well.... was thinking bringing that behind the truck with the other stuff.
Unfortunately I can't afford to try and bring them up here any other way than going to get them myself.
But I would like to see if I can help them somehow down there. They are defenseless and fucking can't even find water or food.  They're storage food & supplies all got washed away.
Why the hell isn't anyone at least going around in boats and sharing some water or something?
My family aren't the loosers looters you see on TV stealing anything they can get their hands on.

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So, Yeah I have a 6000 watt diesel generator mounted on a flat bed trailer with a 275 gal fuel tank mounted on the trailer as well.... was thinking bringing that behind the truck with the other stuff.
Unfortunately I can't afford to try and bring them up here any other way than going to get them myself.

M4-CQBR

If you do end up going down there, especially with that stuff, go armed.

prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-CQBR

If you do end up going down there, especially with that stuff, go armed.

prayers sent.

+.308

armed and ready to defend yourself, your family, and your stuff....

looks like we got ourselves toubled times ahead
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
... apologies to you for this hijack M4-CQBR, but folks, what we are witnessing is a huge laboratory text-book example of what happens when a society like ours collapses. Stories like M4-CQBR hit so close to home and should sober you up to prepare for "your turn" in the barrel - it can happen anywhere

... Oh and, sorry to hear about your sister - I hope all works out for her very soon
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#14]
You need to get the time off from work and go down there and get her. Take time off for an emergency personal time or whatever you can do so that you still have your job once you return.  I am glad your sister is ok. You can replace all the other stuff but you cant replace your sister.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They will be fine, they just lost stuff, stuff can be replaced, the looters lost thier self respect, that can not be replaced.  Hopefully this does not break the insurance companies and they will pay off. Then your sister gets to start all over with new stuff.

Somehow I don't think so!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
the looters lost thier self respect

Hopefully before it is done they will lose their lives.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#17]
M4-CQBR where are you located? I have a jet ski and well over 1000 rounds of ammo.

I just don't want to drive.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]
He's up here with me in Maine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Not trying to be an asshole, but why didnt she just take the money and stuff with her when she left the house? She left a dog behind WTF is up with that? Money is one thing, but leaving a family pet knowing it will die, is downright cruel.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the looters lost thier self respect

Hopefully before it is done they will lose their lives.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I guess he took off already?

Bump for the day crew.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#22]
that sucks.

that being said, that type of stuff would be in my Bug Out Bag.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Did anyone really expect anything less from most of the people who stayed behind?  Trust me, they had options to get out.  A great many of them were planning exactly what we're seeing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:21:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Dude, she didn't leave the dog behind, or the other stuff for that matter.
The water came in so fast she had to flee for her life and all her stuff got washed away...
The little safe that she had with the important stuff in it was ripped out of her hands by some african american group of looters who met her on the treck to find dry land offering to help the family get thru some obstacles on the way. . . mostly very deep water...
Damn dude..... have some compassion or something

M4-CQBR

Quoted:
Not trying to be an asshole, but why didnt she just take the money and stuff with her when she left the house? She left a dog behind WTF is up with that? Money is one thing, but leaving a family pet knowing it will die, is downright cruel.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Did anyone really expect anything less from most of the people who stayed behind?  Trust me, they had options to get out.  A great many of them were planning exactly what we're seeing.

Expect what?   that a natural disaster would occur and everything would get wiped out....
No not everyone expected it to be this bad, and some had thought they were prepared - like my family down there. . . if the surge didn't breach the levy or whatever, then they would be fine.....

Again have some compassion. . ..   we spend billions on foriegn aid, and now that our own people are in trouble, we dare have a discussion if we or the Gov't should be helping them out?  WTF. . .
I think we should take a good look at foriegn aid and concentrate on our own . . .
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Thats some sad shit. I'd be on my way, but what you have is what people want (generator, fuel) stay alert if you go. Stay safe!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The water came in so fast she had to flee for her life and all her stuff got washed away...
The little safe that she had with the important stuff in it was ripped out of her hands by some african american group of looters who met her on the treck to find dry land offering to help the family get thru some obstacles on the way. . . mostly very deep water...
Damn dude..... have some compassion or something

M4-CQBR

Wow, that is horrible...maybe with some luck, the dog made it, and will be found later.

As far as the looters...gee interesting, I notice it wasn't a group of white looters, but black theres a surprise. WTF is wrong with these people, robbing it right from her hands. Its too bad they won't get whats coming to them...hell the liberals will probably applaud them as oppressed peoples doing what it takes to survive...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Expect what?   that a natural disaster would occur and everything would get wiped out....
No not everyone expected it to be this bad, and some had thought they were prepared - like my family down there. . . if the surge didn't breach the levy or whatever, then they would be fine.....

Again have some compassion. . ..   we spend billions on foriegn aid, and now that our own people are in trouble, we dare have a discussion if we or the Gov't should be helping them out?  WTF. . .
I think we should take a good look at foriegn aid and concentrate on our own . . .

I think he was talking about the behavior of the looters, certainly not your family....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#29]
M4-CQBR, prayers sent for you and your family.  If you do go, as others have said, go armed.  Carrying the fuel and generator will make you a target.  You should have AT LEAST one other person with you who is armed as well to help keep a watch out for trouble.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
M4-CQBR, prayers sent for you and your family.  If you do go, as others have said, go armed.  Carrying the fuel and generator will make you a target.  You should have AT LEAST one other person with you who is armed as well to help keep a watch out for trouble.

Good point. .. Is it possible to find other members in bordering states that would help with something like this?  Along with running a chainsaw and being an electrician that would be a big help to me I would imagine. . . I don't know yet what to do, just looking for support or a big DON'T GO from other Team members. . . again thanks. . .

Ohh and how armed should I be. . . to the teeth or just a pistol or something?

M4-CQBR
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Hmm, I wonder if important documents in zip-lock baggies in a gun safe would survive such a flood?

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The little safe that she had with the important stuff in it was ripped out of her hands by some african american group of looters who met her on the treck to find dry land offering to help the family get thru some obstacles on the way. . . mostly very deep water...Damn dude..... have some compassion or something

M4-CQBR

Oh!  That's low!  Stealing things out of the hands of people trying to reach safe ground.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Her little safe with all her xtra money, ID's, Deed to the house, titles to the cars, insurance policies, social security cards, etc.etc.etc.
What the fuck is wrong with people?  Stealing from a family that has lost everything? WTF!!!!!
She called once already & so I know she is ok right now, staying with some friends somewhere on the outskirts of town, along with the family but the dog is gone which sucks, ( the bitch was the Pure Bread shepherd from Germany I was getting ready to breed my male Shepherd with)
I am so fucking pissed, and upset I don't know what to do.  I want to drive down there from Maine right now, with a truck load of stuff and get them the hell out of there.
But there is no way to get in and there is no way for her to get out she said.
Where can I find a map of all the roads that are accessable & the ones that aren't?
I don't know how I will reach her or even find her again if the cell phones don't work.  
Also if I leave to go down there, I will most certainly loose my job, but who else is going to try and help her. Certainly not my other jerk off family members.
Does any one here think it would be a good or bad idea for me to try to do something and if so, what?
I don't have much ability to do anything really, except for load up the weapons and head down to try and find them. Of course I would bring my BOB and plenty of water and food. I am pretty geared up.  What do I do guys?

M4-CQBR

Here's something you can do on your own in the course of a few hours this morning which might do a great deal of good.  Contact all... ALL the credit reporting agencies and report the theft of these documents.  You're going to need to provide a letter to them that says they are to NEVER AGAIN release credit information for any of them.  You'll probably have to provide a separate letter for each family member.  Once you do this, the credit reporting agencies will stop any request for credit from your family members.  The reason to do this is to stop the obvious identity theft from getting started.  I'd very strongly encourage you to take care of this immediately.  There is an unknown amount of havoc ready to roll on your family and this will stop 99% of it.  Equifax, TRW, Experian (I think)... they'll all do it.

Your family members can straighten out their credit situation after the dust has settled and be no worse for the wear.  So to speak.

I don't know what else to do, but that's something that might help.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Here's something you can do on your own in the course of a few hours this morning which might do a great deal of good.  Contact all... ALL the credit reporting agencies and report the theft of these documents.  You're going to need to provide a letter to them that says they are to NEVER AGAIN release credit information for any of them.  You'll probably have to provide a separate letter for each family member.  Once you do this, the credit reporting agencies will stop any request for credit from your family members.  The reason to do this is to stop the obvious identity theft from getting started.  I'd very strongly encourage you to take care of this immediately.  There is an unknown amount of havoc ready to roll on your family and this will stop 99% of it.  Equifax, TRW, Experian (I think)... they'll all do it.

Your family members can straighten out their credit situation after the dust has settled and be no worse for the wear.  So to speak.

That is a really good thought Peak, but how do I know what to tell them if I don't know who the credit card companies and bank information are thru?  Or does it not matter?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a really good thought Peak, but how do I know what to tell them if I don't know who the credit card companies and bank information are thru?  Or does it not matter?

Well, this won't stop the thieves from using currently open credit accounts, it'll just stop them from opening any more.  Also, when you report all these documents stolen, the credit reporting agencies will have that information on file.  I don't know for sure if that will end your family's liability on existing credit accounts but it might help.

Here's what will happen when you do this.  You report the theft and tell the CCC's to never again release credit information.  Then, some a$$hole looter goes to the local Sam's Club to open an account with a house deed and a life insurance policy 'cause their ID was stolen or whatever.  Sam's contacts Equifax to do a credit check and the report comes back "We believe this person's identification documents were stolen and will not release a credit report.  Do not extend any credit to this person."

Of course, if your family members DO need some credit and their current bank is still operational it won't make any difference, their bank already knows who they are.

Any way to fedex them a bus ticket to your house?  Or maybe just call people in the phone book in that area and find somebody to fedex a bus ticket to that your family can reach?  I dunno, these are just thoughts.  Hell, I don't know if fedex or greyhound are operational right now.

Best of luck to your family, that sucks and I hope they get out of this OK.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#36]
M4-CQBR  check your IM and email.   Keep us updated.  She probably is high and dry though.  I imagine a MRE and water drop would be appreciated.  Maybe they can spray paint a message on the roof to drop a case of food/water.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#37]
bump
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]
She should get on the phone with Social security immediately. She is a prime candidate for identity theft. It is a royal PIA to prove who you are in the event you lose everything. That truly sucks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#39]
hmmm....if I had the balls and the time, I would go there with a team and "bait" the looters....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point. .. Is it possible to find other members in bordering states that would help with something like this?  Along with running a chainsaw and being an electrician that would be a big help to me I would imagine. . . I don't know yet what to do, just looking for support or a big DON'T GO from other Team members. . . again thanks. . .

M4-CQBR

This hasen't been mentioned yet.

I don't know your sis, or her hubby, but I would think of bringing some cheap and simple guns "to have around" for them.  As the ranger rules for gunfights says, "bring all your friends who have guns."

Bring as many tools as you got.  I would also think about having some key parts for your truck too.  2 spares, mabe engine parts, case of oil, ATF, thermostat, RTV, oil filter, air & several fuel filters.  Shovels, picks, a tarp.  

Oh, FUEL!  <- this is key.  If you are driving, have an ungodly amount of gas/diesel.  You are essentiall going to a destroyed area.  You probably cant get gas from the National Guard, or the looters.
BUT.  They will kill you for this stuff you carry. (if you go) as what you would have is worth alot down there right now.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Jeezuz H. - Just saw this, this is horrible. I am so sorry to hear this - prayers for and to you all. Going alone even WELL armed? NOT good, you only have two eyes. You need at LEAST one other to watch your back. Call a lawyer immediately, apprise him of your family's situation - I AM guessing on this, maybe you can get power of attorney for them and start the process of closing CC accounts, etc. Man, I just don't know what to say. I will try to call you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Jeezuz H. - Just saw this, this is horrible. I am so sorry to hear this - prayers for and to you all. Going alone even WELL armed? NOT good, you only have two eyes. You need at LEAST one other to watch your back. Call a lawyer immediately, apprise him of your family's situation - I AM guessing on this, maybe you can get power of attorney for them and start the process of closing CC accounts, etc. Man, I just don't know what to say. I will try to call you.

your font is soo small I cant read it
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I am so sickened to see how ugly people have turned toward their own neighbors.
Its a fucking travesty that Americans will act like this toward fellow Americans.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

your font is soo small I cant read it

He is a good friend of mine and right now I don't know how else to express my concern. I just had him on him cell phone for about 5 seconds before service dropped. - I know you are being humorous so I won't take offense.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:09:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I spoke to M4-CQBR for about 90 mins. Black clouds followed him. When I lost contact he was in the process of changing a SLASHED tire (another story) - !

He is making his calls this morning - still no word from his sister. He is standing his ground torn emotionally about what to do, all the while knowing going down will only add to the problem.

Those of us who want or can - pray and stay tuned. He's a good guy and he like so many others can only wait for news in the pressure pot of time and anxiety.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I didn't mean any offense.  From your post I guess you think bigger font is like shouting...

Prayers Sent.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

M4-CQBR

I would not knowingly go into that situation without a carbine of some type, a handgun, and a wing man.  Do not go alone, do not go with only a handgun.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Very sorry - but not surprised - to hear about this.

Build a fleet of huge boats.

Back to the "motherland".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#49]
bump for update.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#50]
M4-CQBR - I used your sister's situation as a specific example of the chaos in NO when I called the White House comment line.  I said I didn't blame Bush for anything, but we need leadership to step up and get the situation under control.  Ended the call with "God bless President Bush - thank you".

Here's the White House comment line.

202-456-1111

Don't come off as a "racist bubba" and your comments might be taken seriously.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top