Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:24:40 AM EDT
I am getting married in July'06, I'm thinking Hawaii would be nice for the honeymoon, I really hate hotels.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to find a nice house for rent in Hawaii (preferably Maui), doesn't have to be huge, just nice, private, and quiet.

Anyone got some leads?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#2]

I don't know the specific companies, but I know there are a lot of condos that can be rented.  We recently got back from Hawaii, and met some people on the dive boat who were staying in condos and townhouses - that were much nicer and larger than hotel rooms, and significantly cheaper.  The really neat part was that these places had maid service, so it sounded like the benefits of a hotel without the downside.

So these things definitely exist, and there are companies that specialize in managing them and renting them to you - so hopefully you'll be able to find it without too much trouble.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#3]
there are a lot of them. search under rent home maui and a bunch come up. We do that pretty much everywhere we go. We rented a 3 bdr house for about 100 bucks a night in Kaui for our honeymoon. No maid service, but it had a washer dryer and full kitchen. Saved money by cooking while we were there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I rented a house in Naples FL that I found on Ebay in the vacation rentals section.  It was just great.  Many landlords use Ebay as cheap advertising.  They put a certain week up for bidding but dont care if anyone bids.  They have a link to their website or an 800 number to call for your open weekend.  There are many in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Find yourself a good realty company in Hawaii. They will be able to direct you to meet your needs.

Trusting Google or Ebay is iffy and as this will be for your honeymoon, find someone you can trust.

Here's a place...you will not be disappointed. Mrs. Jack and I stayed there a couple years ago....we'll go back.

TRH

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
mywaii.com/

Here's a place a friend used for her wedding.  Private and right on the water with a small fairly secluded beach.  Look around on the site.  The wedding photos on this site were from my friends wedding.  It's a 2 unit property with the owner living next door but he seemed pretty cool.

Looks like there's availability in the time frame you're considering.  

If you have any questions the site doesn't answer let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top