User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:22:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If your not on eBay then its a scam.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell them to get the right email address, they must have messed it up. You can pay using an email address.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
TYPE in paypal.com in your browser (do not use their links) and log in to your account.  Click on the HISTORY tab and see if it shows up there.  If it does not, it definitely is a scam.  Forward the email (with headers if possible) to [email protected] and [email protected] .
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
they're asking for your bank account so they can "deposit" the amount.  Once they have that and a routing number that giant sucking sound you hear will be your entire account vanishing into cyberspace. RUN ....... don't walk away from this good deal!

JM2CW
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
TYPE in paypal.com in your browser (do not use their links) and log in to your account.  Click on the HISTORY tab and see if it shows up there.  If it does not, it definitely is a scam.  Forward the email (with headers if possible) to [email protected] and [email protected] .

+1

Never click a link in an E-mail to access PayPal!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing on eBay for "Heavy Metal White Omnicef Drug Rep"

Sounds like a scam. Report it to PayPal and eBay
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good advice, nothing in my history.

Forwarding emails now...

TRG

They're taking advantage of the bulk eBay sellers who process dozens of these.  If you were to open those links, they won't actually be to PAYPAL, but to web sites that will dump worms, spyware, etc., or which will harvest YOUR information to get the ability to drain your REAL paypal account.

Be warned!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good advice, nothing in my history.

Forwarding emails now...

TRG

Awesome.  Just in case this isn't a scam, which is unlikely, paypal will respond to your email reporting the scam and tell you that it is legit.  I'm pretty sure you're going to get the "Yep, this is a scam" letter from them though.

I have been getting stuff like that from scammers for years now, and they are getting better and better at it.  I NEVER take an email from ebay or paypal at face value.  I always check my account (again, typing the URL, never clicking links) before assume an email that I am NOT expecting to recieve is legit.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]
and you're a computer teacher?

those poor, poor unfortunate student bastards...............................
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, that username checks out to an actual eBayer who, get this, apparently collects "drug rep" pens:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=paramounttvl

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, that username checks out to an actual eBayer who, get this, apparently collects "drug rep" pens:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=paramounttvl

Hmmm... Nothing in my history about the deal?

TRG

blackouts, a sure sign of alcoholism
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#17]
This isn't a scam.  All these people have weak eBay Search-Fu.

There's an ebay user "the_redgoat" that sells these pens and this person bought some here.  I'll bet your email addresses are similar.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This isn't a scam.  All these people have weak eBay Search-Fu.

There's an ebay user "the_redgoat" that sells these pens and this person bought some here.  I'll bet your email addresses are similar.

Looks like you got some free $$$$.

I know nothing about it as long as you split it with me
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#21]
does this mean you don't have extra beer money?

cause i would imagine we'll be rather thirsty on the guadalupe this weekend...........................
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#23]
PayPal will ALWAYS Use your first and last name to address you. ie. "Dear Red Goat". Never "Dear [email protected]"

You're looking at a scam.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:18:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Found the auction

the_redgoat (236) with an approval rating of only 99.2%?  I'd be reluctant to do biz w/ someone like that!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
does this mean you don't have extra beer money?

cause i would imagine we'll be rather thirsty on the guadalupe this weekend...........................

Yup. no beer money.

TRG

then stick to titos, you wouldn't look right with a beer anyway
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top