Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:34:25 PM EDT
A big if mind you (not a Bush hater...I voted for him twice)...but if he was smart, he'd get on tv tomorrow night and say he needs to pull the troops out of Iraq immediately to rebuild New Orleans. That way he could save face, save the troops, and save us from Hitlery in '08. Oh yeah, we could also have "Linebacker 3" in Iraq after we left...

Sorry, just thinking aloud...carry on...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Save face?

If he pulled out if Iraq now, he'd probably be impeached.  By us.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]

You and the liberal media...........

President Bush

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Save face?

Maybe you haven't checked the aproval ratings lately?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Were he smarter he would say "As soon as the situation we made in Iraq is stabalized, we will pull out" This wa he makes Liberals by saying Iraq is hill fault and he will pull out and Republicans get to see the finish of what we started. See both sides win. Except for Communists.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Save face?

Oh, I see, if his ratings are going down, its because of Iraq.

First of all, if it IS about Iraq, it's not because of what's happening there, it's because of how it's being reported.  Second of all, it's probably about things like border control, etc.  Third of all, I believe that there are many people who think we aren't doing enough.  No poll asks that question.

No, if Bush pulled out of Iraq it would be political suicide for him and all republicans.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Save face?

maybe you haven't checked exit polls lately.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Save face?

...and how do you think the public would respond to the corresponding bloodbath in Iraq immediately after we pulled out?

How do you think al-Qaeda/Zarqawi would treat the thousands of Iraqi police and military recruits?

That would go reeeeal far with promoting US credibility around the globe.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Save face with pulling out the troops for aPOTENTIAL natural a disaster?, and a newly imboldened enemy who thinks he just won who will get worse and start crap over here when they can't try to "Jihad" Americans who are in nearby, accesible and convenient Iraq (you know, the americans that carry the rifles and shoot back, not the civilians over here) Will be better than the current situation???, Causing a terrorist created disaster?
I've VERY RARELY said anything like this in person or on this board, BUT THAT IS SO STUPID I DROPPED 3 I.Q. POINTS JUST READING IT!!!!!!!!!

Are you drunk and trying to be abstract in thinking like a liberal?? If so I excuse you
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Were he smarter he would say "As soon as the situation we made in Iraq is stabalized, we will pull out" This wa he makes Liberals by saying Iraq is hill fault and he will pull out and Republicans get to see the finish of what we started. See both sides win. Except for Communists.

We won the war, we ousted Saddam and his two sick sons...but we won't be out of Iraq anytime soon if we stay till it is "stabalized"...There is no Kurdistan, and until there is Iraq will never be stable...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
If Bush was smart he would call up the rest of the troops, send them to Iraq, and make it the next state...take over all the oil and sell it dirt cheap using the money from the oil to finance the troops!  Bush's current plan is going to turn out badly anyway...we might as well get something out of it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Save face with pulling out the troops for aPOTENTIAL natural a disaster?, and a newly imboldened enemy who thinks he just won who will get worse and start crap over here when they can't try to "Jihad" Americans who are in nearby, accesible and convenient Iraq (you know, the americans that carry the rifles and shoot back, not the civilians over here) Will be better than the current situation???, Causing a terrorist created disaster?
I've VERY RARELY said anything like this in person or on this board, BUT THAT IS SO STUPID I DROPPED 3 I.Q. POINTS JUST READING IT!!!!!!!!!

Are you drunk and trying to be abstract in thinking like a liberal?? If so I excuse you

We can keep the duct tape on Iraq as long as we want, but there are three groups of ppl. waiting to kill each other since God (or Allah in their case) knows when...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Bush won his very last ever Presidential election.  He's trying to accomplish something, not pander to approval ratings.

The fact that you think it's "smart" to adjust your policies according to fleeting whims speaks volumes about you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#13]
When one refers to a sitting President one must refer to him in the first mention as President, as in "President Bush."  Mentions after this it is acceptable to refer to him as Mr., as in Mr. Bush.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If Bush was smart he would call up the rest of the troops, send them to Iraq, and make it the next state...take over all the oil and sell it dirt cheap using the money from the oil to finance the troops!  Bush's current plan is going to turn out badly anyway...we might as well get something out of it.

Why more troops? We need less troops, and more B52s...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
When one refers to a sitting President one must refer to him in the first mention as President, as in "President Bush."  Mentions after this it is acceptable to refer to him as Mr., as in Mr. Bush.

You will do the same for President Hitlery?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Bush won his very last ever Presidential election.  He's trying to accomplish something, not pander to approval ratings.

The fact that you think it's "smart" to adjust your policies according to fleeting whims speaks volumes about you.

I could care less about Bush personally...what I care about is '08 and who we are most likely going to get...Iraq will seal the deal if it continues the way it is going...whether that is real or reported is up for debate, but our first woman President is becoming a more likely reality as each day goes on...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

But unfortunately he is not doing the next Republican candidate any favors, and could set the stage for a Hillary Clinton to be Madame President and former Pres. Bill Clinton. The news media would crow this is precendent setting in the United States history, a former First Lady actually winning a term as president of the USA in her own right.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope.  The right answer for the short term is to open up the strategic petroleum reserve to stabilize oil supplies and prices.  Then ask other nations for help in cleaning up the hurricane damage.  Ingrate nations that do not offer support will be noted and foreign aid cut off (this includes the UN).  Then invoke executive power to start drilling for oil and starting construction of new refineries in the US.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Save face?

maybe you haven't checked exit polls lately.

How about thinking about this. Lets see??? What happens when we pull out and the terrorists cut off all the oil from Iraq. You think prices are high now???????? Of course the democrates could blame it on Bush one way or another. Sometime you have to do the right thing not the most popular decision.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#20]
A well thought out idea is worthy of an equally well thought out response...

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#21]
One of the best things I can say about President Bush is that he does the right thing.  I didn't think America would elect someone who would do anything except what the polls told him to, but I was wrong.  I only hope that he isn't the last president we have who actually believes in something, and is willing to do what is right in the face of opposition.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#22]
If you were smart, you would have used 'were' instead of 'was'.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:15:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show respect for the office.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show respect for the office.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top