Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:17:08 AM EDT
I went in for an eye exam yesterday and the doctor asked me if I have ever noticed my left eye being bigger then my right.  Well I have no friggen clue, he said if it has been like that for all of my life, no biggie, but if this recent, I need to see my doctor have a MRI done.  WTF?!?!?!?!?!?  Also said my eye pressure is high and I am at high risk for Glacuma (sp?)  Any help?

ETA: cant spell
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
My first advice to you is that you need a spell checker.  Advice has no S.

PS, its a Toomaa.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you tell him you couldn't see your eye?

Hope everything works out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It's Glaucoma - increased intra-ocular pressure. You'll probably get an RX for Timoptic.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's Glaucoma - increased intra-ocular pressure. You'll probably get an RX for Timoptic.

I cant tell a difference in the size, what can happen
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of a measurable size difference... glaucoma can cause pressure on the optic nerve, which leads to blindness.

Any eye MD as a kid (long term records) to check against?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Never heard of a measurable size difference... glaucoma can cause pressure on the optic nerve, which leads to blindness.

Any eye MD as a kid (long term records) to check against?

I will have to check on that, I am 24, what age is most likely for it attack?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

PS, its a Toomaa.

You're a jerk!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The MRI is to check for problems behind the eye that could be exerting pressure causing the eye to bulge outward.  Glaucoma (acute angle closure or chronic) is very unlikely given your age, so it is likely not an intrinsic eye problem, but more likely something else (if it's anything at all).

Get the MRI.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
hard to notice something about yourself if it has been a slow gradual change.

Find some good closeup pictures of yourself over the last three to five years and bring them along to the doc, let him see if he can spot a difference.

OTOH, if there is an issue that needs management, the duration becomes less signifcant, as you are going to treat it no matter what.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PS, its a Toomaa.

You're a jerk!  

Its better then a frozen spec up his ass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PS, its a Toomaa.

You're a jerk!  

Its better then a frozen spec up his ass.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The MRI is to check for problems behind the eye that could be exerting pressure causing the eye to bulge outward.  Glaucoma (acute angle closure or chronic) is very unlikely given your age, so it is likely not an intrinsic eye problem, but more likely something else (if it's anything at all).

Get the MRI.

As far as medical goes with the family, I have lost a couple of relatives to cancer (smoking) and a couple to heart attacks.  A cousin of mine had a brain tumor at a young age.  I am 24, 5'10" 165lbs, and work outside in a physical job.  People wonder why I hate going to doctors
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Like astro said, they want to do the MRI sothey can see what(if anything) is putting pressure on your eye.  They probably want to rule out a tumor of some kind would be my guess.  It's probably nothing but I would definately get it checked out just to be safe.  I hope things go well for you.

Quoted:
I went in for an eye exam yesterday and the doctor asked me if I have ever noticed my left eye being bigger then my right.  Well I have no friggen clue, he said if it has been like that for all of my life, no biggie, but if this recent, I need to see my doctor have a MRI done.  WTF?!?!?!?!?!?  Also said my eye pressure is high and I am at high risk for Glacuma (sp?)  Any help?

ETA: cant spell

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top