Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 6:55:17 AM EDT
Discovery channel keeps showing this preview for a special they are doing on Flight 93... the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania on 9-11.

The show is supposed to reenact what happened during the last moments of the flight when the passengers supposedly took the plane back.

I won't be watching it.  The preview alone causes me to choke up.  I believe there are some things that are too sacred to be reproduced.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If I had cable I would not view it.
I have enough anger...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I had cable I would not view it.
I have enough anger...

I don't know about anger, in that case.
I always feel a bit proud about what those Americans did.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The chances of another airliner hijacking in the U.S. will be extremely tough because Americans now know what the end results will be anyway, and the male passengers will just simply overwhelm the BG's-or die trying.  

These men have shown the way on how to handle this situation moving forward.  

God Bless them.

HH

ETA: It sure doesn't hurt having armed and trained pilots, either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
They've played this show in the past.  It's very emotional to watch.  You're contantly torn between extreme pride in how well these heros delt with the situation and being really choked up because you know what's coming up.  

I recommend watching.

R.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Tacky, tacky. Did I say, tacky?

No, won't be watching it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

no, tacky is the 9/11 motion picture staring nicholis cage.  i heard it's supposed to be coming out next summer.  i saw a link at another site, but i can't remember what the adress is...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought they'd already established that most of that story was "embellished" anyway?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#8]
All those passengers should be given the Freedom Medal or whatever the civilian equivalent of the CMOH is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully it will serve to open all the sheeple's eyes about the need for armed citizens on planes.

It's the only thing that didn't fail us that day - and the first thing they did away with..
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw it the other day... Lame.

ETA: No, I saw the ones that crashed on the Towers, not 93
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:14:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, tacky is the 9/11 motion picture staring nicholis cage.  i heard it's supposed to be coming out next summer.  i saw a link at another site, but i can't remember what the adress is...

Untitled Oliver Stone/September 11 Project
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife turned it on, I asked her to turn it off.  We spent that time together enjoying each other's company, because you never know when the time is up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I am sure I wont as I do not have cable TV.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Untitled Oliver Stone/September 11 Project

thanks.

it's way too early for a movie like that
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I think it would be good to see, if they did it properly. It'd be good to see Americans being portrayed as courageous heroes for once, instead of idiots, whores, criminals, terrorists, and weenies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Very prescient of you to be able to prejudge programs without ever seeing them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They've played this show in the past.  It's very emotional to watch.  You're contantly torn between extreme pride in how well these heros delt with the situation and being really choked up because you know what's coming up.  

I recommend watching.

R.

I believe this is a new program debuting on Sept. 11 without commercials.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top