Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:52:18 PM EDT
I was watching Foxnews:  Byrd was talking about the US Constitution:

He actually looked 'heartfelt' when he was talking about the US Constitution....talking about how it was a litteral document and on....!! Somewhat commands my attention, the'asshat' talking about preserving the USC....I watched...and listened.

Byrd at one time had a 'hunger' for the '"literal" Constitution'. Stiring, for just taking him as a 'waste of oxygen'...and never observing his professed appreciation for the document. I listened to what  he was saying....curious....

I earned a respect for him, tonight, that I had never visited before. He's 95?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Just out of curiousity, did this "heartfelt hunger" for the "literal" Constitution occur before or after his KKK days?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
He may have been reading someone else's speech by mistake
if not, remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day
(don't worry, it probably won't happen again)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
That's about what I thought.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just out of curiousity, did this "heartfelt hunger" for the "literal" Constitution occur before or after his KKK days?

LOL my thoughts too I cannot look at his ugly ass and think about that  but republicians are the haters ya know
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Say what you will about the man, but he played a helluva game of basketball.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL my thoughts too I cannot look at his ugly ass and think about that  but republicians are the haters ya know

Trent Lott got hung up by the balls and Byrd keeps getting re-elected.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Say what you will about the man, but he played a helluva game of basketball.  

So true - And that was back in an era when very few people of his race were accepted in the game...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top