Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:01:44 PM EDT
Like sands through the hourglass, there are times for posters to pass, however, a good rant is the standard* for announcing ones departure. Surely there have been cataclysmic literary outbursts from them who is soon to depart, but I must state, for the record, that I have not found one which has matched the fervor, the heart, the frothing of this gem I stumbled across...

*submitted for your approval *

breaking my silence.... .. and giving my take on everything that's gone down here the last few days. There's not going to be any punches pulled in this post, and there's gonna be a lot of spades called a spade... so if you're of a weak constitution, or sick of all of this already, I'd suggest you go find another thread now.
Frankly, it's tough for me to put into words how pissed off I am about all of this. There was absolutely NO NEED for Cheers to take the action she has here, except for her own ego and pride. EVEN ASSUMING all that she's said is true, about the board needing to have one admin for technological reasons, and even ASSUMING that she had to be that admin for the time being to get the board up... once it was back up, there was nothing stopping her from making RPM the Admin again, and going down to moderator status herself. Nothing, that is, except her own arrogance and self-superiority. She claims that RPM didn't really "Want" to run this anymore. Well then, why not offer to take it off his hands above board? Simple. He'd have turned her down flat. And if RPM was about to shut the board down, as she theorizes, then why not wait until he did, THEN start the replacement board? Because this phantom shutdown wasn't going to happen -- we ALL know RPM was just blowing hot air for attention, like he always has for years past. Well then, why not take the high road, and resign, and start her own forum from scratch, instead of making off with one in the dead of night? Again, pretty simple. Everyone knows the toughest part of getting a board going, is the first few months. Why struggle like that, when there's a ready-made pool of sheep who don't care who's running things, so long as it's here? Why struggle indeed, unless you have charachter and scruples... two things that seem to me to be sorely lacking in this whole sordid affair.

What pisses me off a lot about this, is not that she stole the board from RPM; it's that she stole the board from US. ALL of us have posted here for years and years now with the understanding and compact that not one person would have absolute power over us. We've ALL put our time, our thoughts, and our efforts into making this board the community it was, and NOBODY, not RPM, not Cheers, not Maggie... NOBODY has the right to take that away from us. And before you say that nothing has been taken away from us, I ask you to bear in mind what the individual now in sole power here DID to get hold of that power, and also ask yourself what compunction she will have against using that power now that she went through such machiavellian machinations to get hold of it. She's already shown a remarkable appetite for keeping her power, and very little reluctance to use that power in the past. I see no reason why that would change in the future. What it comes down to is, she seems to think that this forum needs a LEADER... when in fact, all we've ever needed is a facilitator, an administrator, soemone to keep the lights on and the door open. My friends, that day has come and gone here. We've all been to places that have had "Leaders". We've all been through Racestuds, and many of us have had experience at Qwaz's as well. And that's EXACTLY the situation we now face at this board... a single person, with the biases and preconceptions that are inherent to the human condition, and who's shown NO scruples or charachter whatsoever, nor a desire to control her impulses, in charge of everything that goes on here.

But what pisses me off the most, is the underhanded, lowdown, scummy, dead of night BACKSTABBING way in which this all went down... and that fact that a very good person got completely blindsided by avarice and greed. Cheers says she "Didn't have a choice". Bullshit. We all have choices. She could have kept the forum down until she contacted the other admins and let them know what was going on. She didn't. Why? Well, now she had power, why should she give it up? She could have chosen the high road, and if she felt she was being forced out, resigned, stated her piece, and started her own place, all of which would have shown maturity and charachter and poise. Instead, she "was forced" to take control of things. Uh huh... and I got some oceanfront property in Iowa for you too. And in the process, a very good person, a person who's been a friend to me AND A LOT OF YOU for years and years, who's seen me through some of my darkest days, and always been there for me... took a big fat dagger in the back. And yes, I take that personally. So should you. It should MATTER when something as scummy as this goes down. Most of you seem to have the attitude of "Sucks for her. Oh well, it's not me.", and just sit there with your mouths closed and your heads down, and say NOTHING about what a rotten thing it was... even after she's been there for some of you before, just like she's been there for me. And all I can say to you people, who sat there with closed lips and bit your tongue and bowed your head and just LET it happen without a word... for shame. I thought better of a lot of you, and I'm really dissapointed in some of you. Some of you say "This is just an internet board", and it is... but behind each and every one of these screen names is a real person, and to see good people take it in the back, people you care about, and just blow it off the way some of you have... it boggles the mind.

To Cheers directly -- you need to know and understand, that I used to have a lot of respect for you... even recently. A lot more than I have or had for RPM, truth be told. But after the disgusting, vile, stinking, COWARDLY way that you have gone about conducting yourself the last few days, there is not a shred of that respect left as far as I'm concerned. To me, you're nothing but an arrogant power-hungry harpy who couldn't wait to get her clutches on another little piece of control in your life. You say you've worked hard on the forum, and are entitled to whatever respect you have -- I say we ALL have worked hard on making this forum what it is, and respect is earned, and LOST, by our actions and conduct. And your conduct in this matter has been BEYOND reprehensible. And to make matters worse, you've sat back and allowed your minions and supporters to go onto other forums, and use nothing more than base charachter assassination against your former fellow administrators... one of whom is currently YOUR MODERATOR, to suggest that you're more trustworthy to run this forum... when you and I both know that a skeleton in the closet is a skeleton in the closet, no matter how much dirt might be covering it. And your allowing them to use this tactic, while keeping silent and not even supporting your current moderator, is disingenuous at best, and disgusting, dastardly and downright dirty at worst. To put it bluntly, you have shown your true colors in your actions over the last few days in particular, and as far as I'm concerned, you can take your newfound sole rule of this place, roll it up REAL tight, and shove it up your ass.

That being said, there are still people here who I do care about. Yes, I care about some of the people here, so call me what you will for doing that. And many of those people, people whose opinions I respect and admire, have asked me to try and at least give it a chance. And while I have absolutely ZERO respect for the administration now running this board, I've calmed down and decided that I'm not going to allow a power-hungry person to separate me from my friends. As such, I'll still be around from time to time -- lurking much more than before, yes, and speaking mainly with the people I genuinely care about, and socially with the ones I like but don't know as well. I'll also be spending a lot more time at other boards, because the fact is when (not if, but when) this place goes to hell in a handbasket with the changes that are "not coming", I plan to not have quite the attachment to this place that I once had... as well as most of my efforts and focus into having somewhere that folks can go to get out from under the yoke of the changes that are coming (Anyone remember "For a rules change, Post"? Guess what's job ).

So, there you have it. Get out your forks and knives, and get your "sour grapes".jpgs out, and try to rip me to shreds -- I don't care. I've said my piece on it, and the folks I genuinely care about already know how I feel. The folks I like generally like me back, and the rest of you who think I can just go to hell, trust me... the feeling's mutual.

And that's all I have to say about that.

THAT is an exit.
*so sayeth Al Gore
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

[hijack] how many magazines are enough? I say 1200 [/hijack]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Well here we go.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[hijack] how many magazines are enough? I say 1200 [/hijack]

Up to 1300 now
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The best "Buh-bye" thread I ever read was on the CompuServe Photography forum in 1991 by "ctein", the then-equivalent of our own EricTheHun. While I was in complete and total disagreement with his position on the particular point of discussion, his farewell message was very eloquent and meaningful.

Frankly, I don't see the point of the farewell thread. If you want to go, just stop posting. No need to be an attention whore.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The best "Buh-bye" thread I ever read was on the CompuServe Photography forum in 1991 by "ctein", the then-equivalent of our own EricTheHun. While I was in complete and total disagreement with his position on the particular point of discussion, his farewell message was very eloquent and meaningful.

Frankly, I don't see the point of the farewell thread. If you want to go, just stop posting. No need to be an attention whore.

1991?

Wow, you must be old.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That rant must be from DU.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
1991?

Wow, you must be old.

It's not the age, Merrell, it's the mileage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The reason you don't see the point is because you're not a total douchebag.

Semi anonymous douchebaggery is the fuel that drives the internet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
<throws lunch up>

That's it. I'm leaving too!!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Some people spend WAY more time online than is healthy...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
So where are these folks going??  The booby bar??
Can I come to??
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#15]
The final "goodbye" post (permanent or temporary) is the sign of a true internut loser .  One last "look at me" post before the formation of a new troll account or the reality that is life outside their internut wonderland.  Goodbye Dumpy196 and goodbye Theheadlesshorseman, applications for new internut hero's will begin on Monday.  

http://www.spleenville.com/journal/archives/careometer.gif
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The final "goodbye" post (permanent or temporary) is the sign of a true internut loser .  One last "look at me" post before the formation of a new troll account or the reality that is life outside their internut wonderland.  Goodbye Dumpy196 and goodbye Theheadlesshorseman, applications for new internut hero's will begin on Monday.  

www.spleenville.com/journal/archives/careometer.gif

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Like sands through the hourglass, there are times for posters to pass, however, a good rant is the standard* for announcing ones departure. Surely there have been cataclysmic literary outbursts from them who is soon to depart, but I must state, for the record, that I have not found one which has matched the fervor, the heart, the frothing of this gem I stumbled across...

*submitted for your approval *

breaking my silence.... .. and giving my take on everything that's gone down here the last few days. There's not going to be any punches pulled in this post, and there's gonna be a lot of spades called a spade... so if you're of a weak constitution, or sick of all of this already, I'd suggest you go find another thread now.
Frankly, it's tough for me to put into words how pissed off I am about all of this. There was absolutely NO NEED for Cheers to take the action she has here, except for her own ego and pride. EVEN ASSUMING all that she's said is true, about the board needing to have one admin for technological reasons, and even ASSUMING that she had to be that admin for the time being to get the board up... once it was back up, there was nothing stopping her from making RPM the Admin again, and going down to moderator status herself. Nothing, that is, except her own arrogance and self-superiority. She claims that RPM didn't really "Want" to run this anymore. Well then, why not offer to take it off his hands above board? Simple. He'd have turned her down flat. And if RPM was about to shut the board down, as she theorizes, then why not wait until he did, THEN start the replacement board? Because this phantom shutdown wasn't going to happen -- we ALL know RPM was just blowing hot air for attention, like he always has for years past. Well then, why not take the high road, and resign, and start her own forum from scratch, instead of making off with one in the dead of night? Again, pretty simple. Everyone knows the toughest part of getting a board going, is the first few months. Why struggle like that, when there's a ready-made pool of sheep who don't care who's running things, so long as it's here? Why struggle indeed, unless you have charachter and scruples... two things that seem to me to be sorely lacking in this whole sordid affair.

What pisses me off a lot about this, is not that she stole the board from RPM; it's that she stole the board from US. ALL of us have posted here for years and years now with the understanding and compact that not one person would have absolute power over us. We've ALL put our time, our thoughts, and our efforts into making this board the community it was, and NOBODY, not RPM, not Cheers, not Maggie... NOBODY has the right to take that away from us. And before you say that nothing has been taken away from us, I ask you to bear in mind what the individual now in sole power here DID to get hold of that power, and also ask yourself what compunction she will have against using that power now that she went through such machiavellian machinations to get hold of it. She's already shown a remarkable appetite for keeping her power, and very little reluctance to use that power in the past. I see no reason why that would change in the future. What it comes down to is, she seems to think that this forum needs a LEADER... when in fact, all we've ever needed is a facilitator, an administrator, soemone to keep the lights on and the door open. My friends, that day has come and gone here. We've all been to places that have had "Leaders". We've all been through Racestuds, and many of us have had experience at Qwaz's as well. And that's EXACTLY the situation we now face at this board... a single person, with the biases and preconceptions that are inherent to the human condition, and who's shown NO scruples or charachter whatsoever, nor a desire to control her impulses, in charge of everything that goes on here.

But what pisses me off the most, is the underhanded, lowdown, scummy, dead of night BACKSTABBING way in which this all went down... and that fact that a very good person got completely blindsided by avarice and greed. Cheers says she "Didn't have a choice". Bullshit. We all have choices. She could have kept the forum down until she contacted the other admins and let them know what was going on. She didn't. Why? Well, now she had power, why should she give it up? She could have chosen the high road, and if she felt she was being forced out, resigned, stated her piece, and started her own place, all of which would have shown maturity and charachter and poise. Instead, she "was forced" to take control of things. Uh huh... and I got some oceanfront property in Iowa for you too. And in the process, a very good person, a person who's been a friend to me AND A LOT OF YOU for years and years, who's seen me through some of my darkest days, and always been there for me... took a big fat dagger in the back. And yes, I take that personally. So should you. It should MATTER when something as scummy as this goes down. Most of you seem to have the attitude of "Sucks for her. Oh well, it's not me.", and just sit there with your mouths closed and your heads down, and say NOTHING about what a rotten thing it was... even after she's been there for some of you before, just like she's been there for me. And all I can say to you people, who sat there with closed lips and bit your tongue and bowed your head and just LET it happen without a word... for shame. I thought better of a lot of you, and I'm really dissapointed in some of you. Some of you say "This is just an internet board", and it is... but behind each and every one of these screen names is a real person, and to see good people take it in the back, people you care about, and just blow it off the way some of you have... it boggles the mind.

To Cheers directly -- you need to know and understand, that I used to have a lot of respect for you... even recently. A lot more than I have or had for RPM, truth be told. But after the disgusting, vile, stinking, COWARDLY way that you have gone about conducting yourself the last few days, there is not a shred of that respect left as far as I'm concerned. To me, you're nothing but an arrogant power-hungry harpy who couldn't wait to get her clutches on another little piece of control in your life. You say you've worked hard on the forum, and are entitled to whatever respect you have -- I say we ALL have worked hard on making this forum what it is, and respect is earned, and LOST, by our actions and conduct. And your conduct in this matter has been BEYOND reprehensible. And to make matters worse, you've sat back and allowed your minions and supporters to go onto other forums, and use nothing more than base charachter assassination against your former fellow administrators... one of whom is currently YOUR MODERATOR, to suggest that you're more trustworthy to run this forum... when you and I both know that a skeleton in the closet is a skeleton in the closet, no matter how much dirt might be covering it. And your allowing them to use this tactic, while keeping silent and not even supporting your current moderator, is disingenuous at best, and disgusting, dastardly and downright dirty at worst. To put it bluntly, you have shown your true colors in your actions over the last few days in particular, and as far as I'm concerned, you can take your newfound sole rule of this place, roll it up REAL tight, and shove it up your ass.

That being said, there are still people here who I do care about. Yes, I care about some of the people here, so call me what you will for doing that. And many of those people, people whose opinions I respect and admire, have asked me to try and at least give it a chance. And while I have absolutely ZERO respect for the administration now running this board, I've calmed down and decided that I'm not going to allow a power-hungry person to separate me from my friends. As such, I'll still be around from time to time -- lurking much more than before, yes, and speaking mainly with the people I genuinely care about, and socially with the ones I like but don't know as well. I'll also be spending a lot more time at other boards, because the fact is when (not if, but when) this place goes to hell in a handbasket with the changes that are "not coming", I plan to not have quite the attachment to this place that I once had... as well as most of my efforts and focus into having somewhere that folks can go to get out from under the yoke of the changes that are coming (Anyone remember "For a rules change, Post"? Guess what's job ).

So, there you have it. Get out your forks and knives, and get your "sour grapes".jpgs out, and try to rip me to shreds -- I don't care. I've said my piece on it, and the folks I genuinely care about already know how I feel. The folks I like generally like me back, and the rest of you who think I can just go to hell, trust me... the feeling's mutual.

And that's all I have to say about that.

THAT is an exit.
*so sayeth Al Gore

I'm sooooo F'ing lost!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Who?  What?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Saying you dont see the point or dont care is fine and dandy, Having said that,  Lump and TRH are respected members of this board and it would do you well to show a little respect as well............udog
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

1) Clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word hiatus
2) Some people are missed when they vanish, not that you'd be counted in that group.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Semi anonymous douchebaggery is the fuel that drives the internet.

Thanks for the new signature line.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1991?

Wow, you must be old.

You have 7,000 posts and are still just a member!!  And you  have been here two years!!

Thats the point bucco you are acting like a class clown and berating people that have been here many years(and paid contributions)  your mouth is overloading your ass!!  

Take this in a nice way STFU!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1991?

Wow, you must be old.

You have 7,000 posts and are still just a member!!  And you  have been here two years!!

Thats the point bucco you are acting like a class clown and berating people that have been here many years(and paid contributions)  your mouth is overloading your ass!!  

Bob

Hi BobbyJack!!

How've you been?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saying you dont see the point or dont care is fine and dandy, Having said that,  Lump and TRH are respected members of this board and it would do you well to show a little respect as well............udog

Fuck that, they lost my respect when they decided they couldn't handle the stresses of posting on an internet forum and had to make their final "I'm an attention whore" post.  

If they want to leave fine, leave.  Don't try to make us all care by doing the "Waaahhh, I'm taking my ball and going home."
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck that, they lost my respect when they decided they couldn't handle the stresses of posting on an internet forum and had to make their final "I'm an attention whore" post.  

If they want to leave fine, leave.  Don't try to make us all care by doing the "Waaahhh, I'm taking my ball and going home."

ALL LUMPY SAID, WAS THAT HE WAS "ON HIATUS".

Do you need the definition?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The same thread for you as for MERRELL  ,don't call Lumpy196(Dumpy196),and same for TRH!!!

You wouldn't make a pimple on either of thier ass's!!!!

And pony up for a team membership before you blast others that have!!

Punks with big mouths like you are the reason they left,we see people like SARGAR/15 ,and FOX ,and Trassioutzero(probably FOXS troll account) get special treatment when they should be gone for good!!!

When men of responsibility and command  see the higher courts of said responsibility crumble,they realize there is no command and ruin is omminent!!!

I too need a rest from the many new (members) that devine interventions and great expectations of how this site should be run(without any purse to back it up)!!

Great to see you are happy to see Team Members  leave(are you going to anti up to take there place?)

Thought not!!   So either put up or STFU!!!

YMMV      Bob
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#30]
bobbyjack!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Lumpy owed me money!!! Guess I can kiss that $0.02 goodbye... He said he was gonna give me his $0.02!!!

Although I wanna know where is he going? NOSEY MINDS WANNA KNOW!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
bobbyjack!

Someone's gotta cru-ush Someones gotta cruuuuuuuuuuu-ush!!!

Im telling your hubby!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bobbyjack!

Whatever.

Bobbyjack is one of my most favorite people here
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:02:04 AM EDT
[#34]
They'll all be back.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:24:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
bobbyjack!

Whatever.

DrFrige is just jealious!!!!   How is Jack?

Bob
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I don't see it as an "attention whore" thing. Why would it be ? Some people feel the need to explain and some (particularly,  frequent posters) feel that close board friends deserve an explanation. It doesn't bother me no matter what the reason.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:37:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
bobbyjack!

Whatever.

DrFrige is just jealious!!!!   How is Jack?

Bob

Little Jack is doing GREAT!!

That boy is getting HUGE, he's almost as tall, and weighs more then his 12 year old brother!

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Lumpy owed me money!!! Guess I can kiss that $0.02 goodbye... He said he was gonna give me his $0.02!!!

Although I wanna know where is he going? NOSEY MINDS WANNA KNOW!!!

I think he said he was going to some place called "Hiatus".

Maybe it's in the south Pacific or something?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#39]
One LESS to be annoyed by
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ALL LUMPY SAID, WAS THAT HE WAS "ON HIATUS".

Do you need the definition?

But he also said "The End" in his post, makes it seem like it's more than just a hiatus.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1991?

Wow, you must be old.

Bob

oooookay, FWIW, the thread was not berating anyone, just a post of a (funny, or at least bizarre) "leaving forever" post from a completely unrelated board - if you want to tie it in with anyone specific, that is your deal, not mine. And was a team member, and for my own reasons, am not one now. (and since you quoted DzlBenz & my reply - we are in the same age group - and calling a peer a geezer is considered humorous in some circles, of course I should have forwarded our IM's to you for review before posting)

but thanks for your interest!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top