Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:36:02 PM EDT
Educate me on why insurgents and most third world fighters so horrible at shooting. It seems that every soldier or marine I talk to says Iraqi insurgents cant shoot for shit. I also recently read an article about Iraq where every soldier interviewed said Iraqis are horrible marksman.  I have read many reports about Somalia where rangers reported that the tribal fighters could not shoot very well and often  tried shooting Aks with the stock folded.  Dont they have ranges in those countries. If I was living in a warzone or a third world nation I would want to be damn sure I could use a weapon to its full potential.  I knew some afganies who were excellent marksman with an AK. Why isnt every third world fighter proficient with weapons.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
its easy to miss when you dont aim

with zero training its understandable
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Because they dont have real training. Most of them are not soldiers but just unemployed dudes and usually not the smart ones.

The Afghni are different, they are a warrior culture and have been for thousands of years.  They are born shooting rifles, riding horses, shooting arrows in the old days.  They are also very good with the mountainy terrain.  The rest of them are city boys and have no idea which end the bullet comes out.  I always laugh at the AKs with the stock taken off and you can see the exposed tang.  I always hope maybe it will knock an eye out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
They are terrible because they worship the wrong god.

Seriously, though, most of them don't have prior training. They are just given a weapon and told to go kill you some infidels.

As most of those weapons are Full-Auto, they also just spray bullets at the enemy, hoping to hit something.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
duplicate topic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top