Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2005 11:06:30 PM EDT
OK dont you like it when a service person is scheduled for a certain time frame and he calls and says he is running ahead of schedule and asks if he can come by and solve your problem an hour earlier?

Well, I call this customer... lets call her "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" She is scheduled between 1-3 PM. I call her at 12 and say Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" I am running ahead of schedule and was wondering if I can come by earlier and take care of your frige? She says "No, I have to put my son down for a nap now... your office told me between 1-3. (For heaven's sake, Its only an HOUR difference)

Fine so I go to the call scheduled after Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" who was in the 2-4PM slot and HAPPY to see me there earlier. finish that job then go back to Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface".

HUGE ASS NOTE on the door bell... "DO NOT RING BELL! Please knock softly" (Damn. What a bad day to leave my battering ram home) So she answers the door and whispers "Can i ask you to please work quietly, my son is sleeping" I said "Ma'am, I am here to fix a refrigerator, NOT make a quilt. You want me to come back another day?"

She was like "No!!! I NEED MY FRIGE FIXED TODAY... Please if you can work as quietly as possible"

Yeah OK.

This house was a SHRINE to her son... her 2 year old son with about a MILLION pics of him all over the house. i have pics of my kids around the house but HOLY CRAP!!!!

Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" had a complaint about EVERYTHING.

"Why didnt you tell me the food was gonna be taken out of the refrigerator?" (How else was I supposed to work on it?)

"Why didnt your office tell me you didnt take American Express?" (Why didnt she ask if we take it?)

And she was bitching at the poor gardeners and cememnt workers around the house... What a bitch!!!

anyone else LOVE to work with the public?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You have my sympathies.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Trust me...... you have my deepest sympathies.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

snip

Me! I *LOVE* to work with the public!

I handled that ladys clone today, except instead of junior it was her pet Bichon Frise....who should have been named satan.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Wannabe rich people SUCK!

I'm sure this was one of those "halfway up the hill" people...

Remember your place, lowly serviceman!! (Nevermind that you clear 2x what they do)

They have to believe that they are better then you
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's a rant for ya.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=381151

EEEEEEEEEUCKKKKK Fucking Spiders...I HATE spiders... they SUCK!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Remember your place, lowly serviceman!! (Nevermind that you clear 2x what they do)

Wannabe rich people and .... How do I say this without breaking PC rules??

Ah forget it...thats just gonna start a war then leaving this thread locked.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's a rant for ya.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I,m a self employed appl. mechanic(been around awhile, notice i don't say tech). i usually just smile and add on an agrivation fee. Works for me.

Roy
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me guess....I know where you work

Out on a limb here.....

Mohammid and Fatima Shazazakabazzaabadz?  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a wanna-be poor-boy.......do you give discounts for my types
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Dealing with the public takes special skill and patience.  

I was going to write a bunch of other stuff, but I'll just leave it at that!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out on a limb here.....

bingo
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I could tell you some horror stories from when I delivered furniture when I was in High School, and some others when I was a package car driver for UPS

The wannabe rich dumbasses are the worst
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I could tell you some horror stories from when I delivered furniture when I was in High School, and some others when I was a package car driver for UPS

The wannabe rich dumbasses are the worst

Yes they are.

One reason I love my job, is that I work with their children. The kids are great, and I treat them all fairly. But these hyper competitive, think they can buy anything, pushy, obnoxious, pagent parents kiss MY ass to get  junior a possible better placement.

I am known for what I do, and they try to suck up to me to get junior ahead.  I get to be the one that ruins their world by saying "No."

That makes me smile
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I think my wife can beat your story, Defridge. Imagine working in a pharmacy where you get to deal with the following on a daily basis: old senile folk who can't remember which pharmacy they got their pills from (and don't look at the damn bottle to see where), so they just wander from pharmacy to pharmacy, getting in line and asking her to refill their pills. Then get indignant when told the prescription wasn't filled there and to go to said store.  Or people who are so special they try to butt in line, throwing the pill bottle at the pharmacist saying "fill this and be quick about it" (the rich wannabes are the worst for this).

Or the idiots who not only didn't bring their prescription card, but can't remember the name of the insurer, let alone the card number. Or the fools who eat the contraceptive foam, no matter how bad it tasted, and then want to sue Ortho (and the pharmacy) because they got pregnant. Or people who have a tantrum because they had to wait in line. Or the moron who brings in 10 scripts 15 minutes before closing and has to have their pills NOW, not tomorrow AM. Or the scum on Medical Assistance with their nice clothing and gold chains, and the taxicab waiting for them out front so please hurry up. Or for the very worst, the stupid stupid women who come in wanting their contraceptive pills NOW; they forgot to go to the doctor for a new script, and their man is at home awaiting so they can have sex. Of course it's a holiday so the doctor isn't available, and they have no refills left...or even worse, had sex with no protection at all, and want a pill to fix them up right now.

The public is STUPID. 80% of them ought to be sterilized.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's a rant for ya.

Well, 2A373 is now added to my list of people who will receive an Atomic Wedgie from Dog the BOunty Hunter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#18]
man, i'm still trying to recover from the shock of a serviceman arriving EARLY let alone ON TIME!!!

well, at least there was one customer who appreciated you coming earlier.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think my wife can beat your story, Defridge. Imagine working in a pharmacy where you get to deal with the following on a daily basis: old senile folk who can't remember which pharmacy they got their pills from (and don't look at the damn bottle to see where), so they just wander from pharmacy to pharmacy, getting in line and asking her to refill their pills. Then get indignant when told the prescription wasn't filled there and to go to said store.  Or people who are so special they try to butt in line, throwing the pill bottle at the pharmacist saying "fill this and be quick about it" (the rich wannabes are the worst for this).

Or the idiots who not only didn't bring their prescription card, but can't remember the name of the insurer, let alone the card number. Or the fools who eat the contraceptive foam, no matter how bad it tasted, and then want to sue Ortho (and the pharmacy) because they got pregnant. Or people who have a tantrum because they had to wait in line. Or the moron who brings in 10 scripts 15 minutes before closing and has to have their pills NOW, not tomorrow AM. Or the scum on Medical Assistance with their nice clothing and gold chains, and the taxicab waiting for them out front so please hurry up. Or for the very worst, the stupid stupid women who come in wanting their contraceptive pills NOW; they forgot to go to the doctor for a new script, and their man is at home awaiting so they can have sex. Of course it's a holiday so the doctor isn't available, and they have no refills left...or even worse, had sex with no protection at all, and want a pill to fix them up right now.

Now that one had to make you laugh! Holy shit some people are friggin stupid.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#20]
DrFrige, I feel so bad for ya.  There's NO WAY I'd want to work with people like that.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out on a limb here.....

bingo

Did they make you take your shoes off?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#22]
And some people wonder why so many in this country are duped at election time by liberals, and vote for them. Duhhhh!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 When I first read that I thought "No F'ing way someone is that stupid." But then again...

I'm lucky, I deal with Army officers who are usually really polite and pleasant to work for...until I get that one Major who thinks he is already a COL and tries to treat me like a CPL who works for him...but because I'm a civilian I get to put those guys in their place with my bosses blessing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Me! I *LOVE* to work with the public!

I handled that ladys clone today, except instead of junior it was her pet Bichon Frise....who should have been named satan.

Bitchin' Frizzy yo!

-Storm
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I fucking hate the public.
Try working in a hospital and having to be nice-nice to the dregs od society...who aren't even patients.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#26]
OK. I'm gonna rant later about the morons I deal with.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#27]
My favorite "Halfway-uppers" are the ones in the $250-350K homes with the 28 foot Baja boat, BMW, and 50K SUV's in the driveway, that are eating off folding card tables in the dining room, and sitting on Big Lots apartment sized furniture!  But hey, they are keeping up with the neighbors on the surface!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Next time that happens, show more butt crack the you normally do, that will teach them...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 When I first read that I thought "No F'ing way someone is that stupid." But then again...

I'm lucky, I deal with Army officers who are usually really polite and pleasant to work for...until I get that one Major who thinks he is already a COL and tries to treat me like a CPL who works for him...but because I'm a civilian I get to put those guys in their place with my bosses blessing.

Yah, you wouldn't think someone would be so stupid as to eat the foam. Was a Haitian woman, spoke broken English. This happened right after my wife got out of Pharmacy school, and was training in her new store. Her "supervising" pharmacist actually fell off his stool laughing so hard (try to picture a 70-year old guy falling 3 feet on his ass, and laughing so hard he didn't notice that he'd bruised his butt). Somehow she managed not to bust out laughing. But she was convinced it was an Candid Camera kind of moment. It wasn't.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
OK. I'm gonna rant later about the morons I deal with.

Rule #1: Never piss off your skydiving instructor.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
My favorite "Halfway-uppers" are the ones in the $250-350K homes with the 28 foot Baja boat, BMW, and 50K SUV's in the driveway, that are eating off folding card tables in the dining room, and sitting on Big Lots apartment sized furniture!  But hey, they are keeping up with the neighbors on the surface!

I have seen my share of the above quote.

they have that HUGE home but no furniture! LOL!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I used to be the second in command in a Aquatics department at the local Y....

I am still currently employed by the same Y, as a Customer Service Rep.

I hate the public.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#33]
You'd think that ordering food would be simple enough (I'm 17, work in a dining hall) but apparently that's too hard. Now we don't even expect them to know what it is (regardless of the fact that they can see the food on the line and we have a printed menu sitting next to it), but I think you should be able to expect orders like "some of that pasta stuff" or maybe "some of that green stuff". Yesterday we had a person walk up and say "I want this one" and not point to a single thing. Out of about 10 items. Oh, and we can't see where you point if you do it right behind something we can't see through (like maybe the metal bar).

There are a lot of customers I like and talk to, and there are some that are pretty nice to look at (the volleyball and girls soccer team comes in to work...the girls that work there are loving the football team but they are messy and eat so damn much that I can't say I'm appreciating their business too much). But, there are a lot of idiots as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#34]
I see nothing unreasonable with any of her requests.

She has a lot of pictures of her child. Sounds like she loves him to me.

She wanted you to show up when scheduled. Nothing wrong with that.

She didn't know to remove the food. I would have thought that dispatch would have told her that.

She wanted you to work as queitly as possible. No big deal.

She's the customer. You're the hired gun. Do the job, get paid, move on.

If a client gets out of control with me, I either suggest they find another vendor or remind myself
that taking thier money is the best form of revenge.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I see nothing unreasonable with any of her requests.
Her requests arent unreasonable. She is.
She has a lot of pictures of her child. Sounds like she loves him to me.
I "LOVE" my children... This was OBSESSION
She wanted you to show up when scheduled. Nothing wrong with that.
I wasnt late... You would think that people (and the majority do) want to get the repair done as soon as possible.
She didn't know to remove the food. I would have thought that dispatch would have told her that.
Her husband was told by me when the diagnosis was made last week
She wanted you to work as queitly as possible. No big deal.
Youre kidding right? a worker repairing something in a home? shit I guess I should have brought my kids fisher price hammer then?
She's the customer. You're the hired gun. Do the job, get paid, move on.
So does this fall under "The customer is always right" catagory? How can I "do the job" as you say when the customer is restricting my work process? Shit, I bet she tells surgeons how to make incisions. She complains just to complain. My tolerance for asshat customers is pretty good. Only walked out of 3 homes in 20 years... not bad. Most technicians I know would have just told her to fuck off, keep her money and walked out.
If a client gets out of control with me, I either suggest they find another vendor or remind myself
that taking thier money is the best form of revenge.

I agree that taking their money is the best form of revenge. i only wish I had a crystal ball that if a customer was to be a bitch I would raise their bill 50.00.

Yes, I am a service person but I am NOT a servant. When I hire someone to do a job... I want them to give me 100%. When the guys came to put new windows in my home, They came right about my kid's nap time... guess what... my kid didnt get a nap until a few hours later... so what?

Unfortunately the "Customer is always right" line has been used up and damaged like a two bit whore... time to excercise the other terminology... "We have the right to refuse service"
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I used to answer calls for the utility company second and third shift.  That's when the weirdos call.  

(Not that everyone who calls then is a weirdo, but we had a much higher percentage of them.)

I got one call from a guy who was in a fury because we had turned off his premium channels at his wife's request (the account was in her name).  He actually told me he was going to kill himself if I didn't turn his HBO back on.  Then he slammed the phone down, but it didn't hang up.  I listened wide-eyed as they screamed at each other, expecting to hear gunshots any second.  I had to call the Sheriff on that one.

We'd get calls from the 911 office telling us that people had called them to report their cable was out.  

We got a call from a man who disputed his electric bill saying it was too high.  One of our meter readers went out to check his meter, and he saw that the guy had put tape over all his electrical outlets because he thought power was "leaking out".  

One guy who was stoned out of his mind called when his power blinked.  He was convinced the problem was that his fusebox was dirty, and he was going to wash it with soap and water.  We had to talk him out of it.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#37]
You dont work in Little Rock, do ya? I went out to a house today, just like that. She had a note on the doorbell and everything.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#38]
tag
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I used to work at a Home Depot....

The best ones were the complete fucking retarded shitstained motherfuckers who would stand in the nuts and bolts aisle and ask where we hid the nuts and bolts.....

The big fucking sign that's 4 feet tall and 10 feet across that reads RESTROOMS -> is right in front of their face..."Can you tell me where the restrooms are?"....

The assfucks who always reply to the question of "Do you need any help" with:
1. "Yes, mental help"
2. "Yes, money help"
3. "I am beyond help"
AHHAHAHAAA, FUCK, you are FUNNY.
It's time for you to headline at the CopaCabana in Vegas shitstain.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Some people are just waiting for Darwin to knock on their door.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

We got a call from a man who disputed his electric bill saying it was too high.  One of our meter readers went out to check his meter, and he saw that the guy had put tape over all his electrical outlets because he thought power was "leaking out".  

Don't you just hate walking through all that loose "electric" on the floor?!

My dad used to tell nosey customers he was cleaning all the dead cowboys and indians out of their television set; weren't too many, but on the other hand I lost count of the dead mice fried on the high voltage power supplies.

Ignoramuses - paying the bills for servicemen across America.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]
How about the people who come into a hobby shop and bring their poorly behaved kids with them?
I don't have a problem with kids coming into the shop, hell, some of them can fly better than I can, but when some fucking dirthead comes in, covered in filth and with his kids filthy and ill mannered, and drops 600 bucks on some RC monster truck, I get just a litte fucking pissed off. Buy your children some clothes before you buy yourself that fucking toy!

And tell your snot monkey kids that those balsa airplanes are not something that they should be getting covered in fingerprints and boogers.

And my own MOTHERFUCKING MOTORCYCLE that is parked in front of the goddam shop is NOT a place to set your kid while you stand around and smoke in front of the shop! There are a couple things in life that I will beat the hell out of someone for touching without permission. My Wife, My Guns, and my Motorcycle. Touching any one of those items, and fucking count on me coming unglued!

And if I tell you that the battery that you are trying to fast charge will blow up in a giant ball of toxic smoke and flames if you keep fucking with it, I fucking mean it! I don't joke about fireballs and explosions. I may laugh about them, but I never joke.

GT

breathe in, breathe out.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Preach on, Brother. My wife is a pharmacist also and there is no way in hell I'd do her job. She has to put up with so many dope heads on a daily basis that it's no wonder that the health care system in this country is so FUBAR. I think half the population of this county are all Lortab and Vicodin addicts and the other half are meth heads.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

3. "I am beyond help"

Hey I like that one
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I join in?  Im from AZ, and I work on Kitchen Cabinets.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#46]
i work for the cable company doing service work and i run in to alot of the same kinds of people.
the worst are the smelly houses.
theres the rotting food people.
the my dog/cat pisses and shits in the livingroom people.
once i found the human shit in the basement people.
the no bath in months people.
the worst is the hot ass and curry people that will make your eyes bleed.
once i ran in to a combination of all of the above.
i refused to work in his house had the dispatcher call him and tell him as i drive off. i made it to the kitchen and saw roaches swimming in cat piss and the piles of cat shit in the corner.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I love the ones who have several cats and/or dogs, and ask me to make sure not to let them out of the house. They know damn well that I'm going to be working on the doors, and they're going to be open, but instead of putting their precious mutt in the bedroom, they expect me to babysit it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I used to work at a Home Depot....

The best ones were the complete fucking retarded shitstained motherfuckers who would stand in the nuts and bolts aisle and ask where we hid the nuts and bolts.....

The big fucking sign that's 4 feet tall and 10 feet across that reads RESTROOMS -> is right in front of their face..."Can you tell me where the restrooms are?"....

1. "Yes, mental help"
2. "Yes, money help"
3. "I am beyond help"
AHHAHAHAAA, FUCK, you are FUNNY.
It's time for you to headline at the CopaCabana in Vegas shitstain.

Retail, ain't it great?!?

My gas station is 100 yards from the GREAT BIG GREEN SIGN(on the entrance ramp) that says "RT 81 Binghamton/Wilkes Barre". You have to be fracken blind to miss it! Yet 10 to 20 times per SHIFT, people will ask you "How do I get to Rt 81?"

ARRRGHHH!

The sign on the bathroom door reads:
"If the door is locked, Restroom is occupied"
Yet they always ask "Do you have the key to the restroom?"

Every pump has TWO signs on it that read:
"Please pay first"
Yet they ask, "Can you turn the pump on?", I say "you have to pay first, whatever you leave, it will stop at, we will refund any change". "Do you mean I have to pay first? How do I know how much I need?" "What, don't you trust me?"

This is constant, not once or twice a night, dozens of times per shift!

People wonder why I drink!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Gravity_Tester:
I don't joke about fireballs and explosions. I may laugh about them, but I never joke.

Damn, I have to get my check sent in , there's a sig line in the making!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
OK dont you like it when a service person is scheduled for a certain time frame and he calls and says he is running ahead of schedule and asks if he can come by and solve your problem an hour earlier?

Well, I call this customer... lets call her "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" She is scheduled between 1-3 PM. I call her at 12 and say Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" I am running ahead of schedule and was wondering if I can come by earlier and take care of your frige? She says "No, I have to put my son down for a nap now... your office told me between 1-3. (For heaven's sake, Its only an HOUR difference)

Fine so I go to the call scheduled after Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" who was in the 2-4PM slot and HAPPY to see me there earlier. finish that job then go back to Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface".

HUGE ASS NOTE on the door bell... "DO NOT RING BELL! Please knock softly" (Damn. What a bad day to leave my battering ram home) So she answers the door and whispers "Can i ask you to please work quietly, my son is sleeping" I said "Ma'am, I am here to fix a refrigerator, NOT make a quilt. You want me to come back another day?"

She was like "No!!! I NEED MY FRIDGE FIXED TODAY... Please if you can work as quietly as possible"

Yeah OK.

This house was a SHRINE to her son... her 2 year old son with about a MILLION pics of him all over the house. i have pics of my kids around the house but HOLY CRAP!!!!

Mrs "stupid ass bitch face fuckwich moron dimwitted fuckface" had a complaint about EVERYTHING.

"Why didnt you tell me the food was gonna be taken out of the refrigerator?" (How else was I supposed to work on it?)

"Why didnt your office tell me you didnt take American Express?" (Why didnt she ask if we take it?)

And she was bitching at the poor gardeners and cememnt workers around the house... What a bitch!!!

Fixed some spelling mistakes for you.  I hope you dont mind
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top