Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 9:50:32 AM EDT
Is this a Thompson with polymer lower?  Is the brand reliable or are they cheap clones?

Thompson
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a Volunteer Enterprises 'Commando MKIII' .45ACP Carbine.

The lower is an aluminum casting, with crinkle paint finish.

Volunteer Enterprises manufactured the Commando Mark III Carbine in Knoxville, Tennessee, from 1969 to 1976. After 1978 Volunteer Enterprises became Commando Arms.

IMHO they're J-U-N-K
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
So apparently that frankensteins monster of a Tommy gun is not only ugly as f**K but is a piece of junk to boot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So apparently that frankensteins monster of a Tommy gun is not only ugly as f**K but is a piece of junk to boot.

It's the "Hesse" of Tommy Guns.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the "Hesse" of Tommy Guns.  

It may be, but mine has not had a failure since 1980, when I bought it from a pawnshop for 45$.
Granted, it DOES have a 45 lb trigger pull.

BTW:  My lower is some kind of fiberglass impregnated plastic, as is the foregrip.   The color is MOLDED in.
Where did you see one?  They've gotten pretty rare over the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top