Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:09:17 PM EDT
Apparently some guy ran from the troopers and made it to his trailer. He got the front door open and popped out a second later with what Hannity called "a highpowered assault rifle". Looked like a mini-14 ranch rifle to me but I'm probably wrong. He was spreading fire all over the place and hit one of the troopers who they said was in intensive care but would make it. They later surrounded the trailer and killed the guy when he came back out firing. He must have had the rifle sitting right by the door he got it so fast. Sorry about the trooper hope he turns out ok in the end.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see it, but from your description, I am glad he was killed.

Less money wasted on his dumbass.

Hope the trooper makes a full recovery.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup. Crazy dead bastard
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Whereabouts down here?

HH
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
he hid i  his trailer huh?
they make great cover
there was a shooting here a couple of years back in a trailer court with a SKS  
couple cops i talked to said those 7.62s went through almost a dozen trailers
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Happened in Denton County.

www.policeone.com/copnews/117983/
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Happened in Denton County.

www.policeone.com/copnews/117983/

Thanks, Aggie.

Gig'em

HH
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess the libs will call it a death by taser.....

Negotiators were able to make contact with Savage, but he ended communications around midnight. Reedy said the suspect opened the front door and fired a shot at officers at 2:09 a.m. A Denton County tactical officer shot Savage once, and then again when the man stepped back and raised his rifle.

Reedy said Savage continued to resist even after being shot and a Taser gun was used to help subdue him.

Savage died about an hour later after being flown to Methodist Central Medical Center in Dallas.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The bad guy had a criminal record, so all guns are banned for him.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top