Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:20:50 PM EDT
I use yahoo as my home page because it's convenient to scan News headlines and my local weather is tacked there. Out of the blue my computor is being redirected to Yahoo mail log on page. I don't have Yahoo mail. What I have determined so far is it only happens when I try to open threads in "My Active Topics" and "Active topics". If I go to a specific forum everything is good.

I've restarted twice, and I am currently running a virus scan.

Any ideas?

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
what's the URL of your home page?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeeez, I thought I was the only one. I just got done fixing mine. Seems to be an issue with coolwebsearch and some Yahoo hijacker... here is a link to the site with free software to fix it. There is a CWshredder and another called spyware scanner which is done by the provider via the internet. Takes a couple minutes and youll be good to go... just did mine and its fine now....

housecall.trendmicro.com/
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Blow away yahoo tool bar and yahoo installer.  Just addressed this issue on one of my bosses machines minutes ago.

ETA: We also ran a scan for spyware...it's still running.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Im telling you without a doubt, go to the link I provided and use the two tools on the bottom of the page. It will fix the issue. I just did it not more then 10 minutes ago... Your problem is the same as mine was. You click the home button or open internet explorer and it directs you to your mail account. Its a CWS hijacker imbedded in your Yahoo tool bar ...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Im telling you without a doubt, go to the link I provided and use the two tools on the bottom of the page. It will fix the issue. I just did it not more then 10 minutes ago... Your problem is the same as mine was. You click the home button or open internet explorer and it directs you to your mail account. Its a CWS hijacker imbedded in your Yahoo tool bar ...

Move to Firefox ....now!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL I use both... Firefox primarily for me , but my GF refuses to stop useing internet explorer... I end up fixing issues she gets into..
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I only use IE for sites that require it. Can't say I have that problem when I do use it though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Same thing is happening here at work.....And these machines are clean.... Well, anytime I want to goto any site that deal with Yahoo it goes to my mail....Wierd
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Same thing is happening here at work.....And these machines are clean.... Well, anytime I want to goto any site that deal with Yahoo it goes to my mail....Wierd

If its doing the same ting they are not clean... Go to the link i provided. It will fix your problem as well.. AVG, microsoft Anti spy, Yahoo anti spy, spybot, and many more WILL NOT remove the coolwebsearch hijacker...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes the system is clean.... Its what I do.    BUt for humor I went... As I said. clean. I think its a a Yahoo issue itself....Or with Yahoos tool bar (we installed it).... Off to go play.

Quoted:

Quoted:

If its doing the same ting they are not clean... Go to the link i provided. It will fix your problem as well.. AVG, microsoft Anti spy, Yahoo anti spy, spybot, and many more WILL NOT remove the coolwebsearch hijacker...

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, I ran the software. There was some spyware but no hijackers according to the software. Can some one tell me more about firefox?

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Mozila Firefox , type it in any search engine and go download it. totaly free...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top