Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:57:56 AM EDT
Did eagle-arms go under?  They had some great prices on AR parts and uppers!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Eagle is a subsidary of Armalite of Coal Valley, IL and is still in business.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I think they are just focusing more attention on their "Armalite" brand, and not as much on the Eagle Arms brand.  But since it's the same company (using same equipment/employees) it really doesn't matter.

(As long as you don't mind paying more just to have the "Armalite" stamp on your Eagle Arms rifle, that is )

ETA: Just searched around a little, and can no longer find their web-page, so maybe they've abandoned the brand, and will exclusively sell their "Armalite" marked rifles.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Robbie at Lone Star Whsl. had them in stock. later, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Robbie at Lone Star Whsl. had them in stock. later, Wayne B.

It also looks like Quantico Arms has them in stock still.

Btw - I can highly recommend Quantico Arms - great service !!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Eagle bought the Armalite name a couple of years ago.  SOS.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I believe that Eagle is a subsidary of Armalite of Coal Valley, IL and is still in business.

Make that Geneseo, IL.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think they are just focusing more attention on their "Armalite" brand, and not as much on the Eagle Arms brand.  But since it's the same company (using same equipment/employees) it really doesn't matter.

(As long as you don't mind paying more just to have the "Armalite" stamp on your Eagle Arms rifle, that is )

ETA: Just searched around a little, and can no longer find their web-page, so maybe they've abandoned the brand, and will exclusively sell their "Armalite" marked rifles.  

It's about a lot more than having "ArmaLite" stamped on your rifle.

Lifetime warranty vs. 1 year warranty

Chrome lined vs. chrome moly

Eagle Arms rifles are very good rifles and I have a couple, but my ArmaLite's are a little nicer and that lifetime warranty, even though I have never had to make use of it, is a comfort.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's about a lot more than having "ArmaLite" stamped on your rifle.

Lifetime warranty vs. 1 year warranty

Chrome lined vs. chrome moly

Eagle Arms rifles are very good rifles and I have a couple, but my ArmaLite's are a little nicer and that lifetime warranty, even though I have never had to make use of it, is a comfort.

I'm not trying to knock their "Armalite" brand (those are among the very BEST rifles on the market - if people ask me which rifles to get, I generally recommend Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt).  

But let's also be honest.

An "Armalite" rifle would cost MORE than an "Eagle Arms" rifle, if both were configured the same way (i.e. chrome barrel, etc.), even though the rifles are made using the same parts, by the same employees, in the same plant.  I supposed there is some slight value to a "lifetime warranty" - but I've never needed any such thing for any of the seven ARs I've owned (if the rifle is defective, I'm sure you'll find out within a year).  

There is definitely an "up-charge" for the Armalite name (maybe about $100), and that is no doubt why they appear to be dropping the Eagle Arms brand (if that's whats happening), because they can sell their rifles with a higher profit margin.  Eagle Arms didn't purchase the defunct Armalite brand name because they are history buffs, they purchased it because they could extract value from it - and they have done so very effectively.

Again - I'm not trying to knock the product (and you are completely correct that the rifles are slightly different - with the chrome bore, etc.) - but those differences do not entirely justify the markup that Eagle Arms charged for their Armalite-branded rifles.

Just my opinion.  I don't hate the company or anything - I own one of their rifles, and would gladly own more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
No you idiots!  There was a website called Eagle-Arms and they sold all brands of uppers and parts.  Bushmaster, RRA, Stag, etc.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you talking about eagle firearms?

www.eaglefirearms.net/
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No you idiots!  There was a website called Eagle-Arms and they sold all brands of uppers and parts.  Bushmaster, RRA, Stag, etc.

Sorry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top