Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:16:15 PM EDT
I am going to go a deep woods camping trip with a small range carved out in an old abandoned logging camp.  We are taking Clay pigeons, Ballons, wooden sillouettes, and paper targets.  Space is limited, so we are passing on melons and plastic water bottles.  But we are taking 4,000 rounds to just burn.  What do you all like to shoot for fun.  Need ideas that wont liter, like glass bottles would, but I am curious for all of your target ideas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Tannerite, paint cans, propane tanks, fire estingushers. steel plates.  Shooting old cars are fun too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok ... Here is one that is fun and hard to hit. Take the steel/tin lid off a can of beans / soup, and put a little hole at the top . Hang it from the target stand from a long rubbery rubberband so it can spin and jiggle but when it is calm, it hangs facing you. Give the kids one minute and ten rounds from pistol or rifle. You score any hit, and they can not clip the rubberband or they loose.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I highly recomend tannerite. That stuff is alot of fun. You can mix it in any amount. You can put it in small containers or reeaaallly big ones. If you are really concerned about a fire hazard then fill film canesters or something bigger with flour. You get a cool harmless smoke like puff just no boom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Bowling pin hanging from a rope.  See if you can hit it on the move.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
tape a pound of tannerite onto a full tank of propane with a flare taped on the other side. i want to know if the tannerite will put the flare flame out before the propane catches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Sam's Club case of Necco Wafers or similar sugary round candy.  No debris to pack out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top