Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 10:34:03 AM EDT
GOP Senator Says Iraq Looking Like Vietnam.  Commie asshat wants to be President and does not support our troops.  All he wants to do is critisize and offer no real solutions.  
apnews.myway.com/article/20050822/D8C4LNM80.html

Let him know what a traitor he is at:

hagel.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Offices.Contact

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
WW2 ended 60 years ago and we still have troops in Germany, Italy, and Japan. Why not "bring them home"?

The "crisis" in Kosovo is over. Why do we still have troops there?

Perhaps this senator should lobby to bring ALL the troops home and not just those in Iraq. Or maybe he just doesn't care about the sacrifices that we've already made in Iraq and wants to dishonor them by letting Al Zwaharri win?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Chances are, he's never been to Iraq and only gets his "news" from the usual liberal rags out there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
If he thinks Iraq looks anything like Vietnam, he's obviously never been there or is blind. Vietnam was triple canopy jungle and rice paddies. Iraq is mostly desert.

I'm sorry for cracking jokes, but all the politics being played these days regarding a war we should be trying to win has just left me feeling very bitter. I know that even though we are winning, weak minded politicians are not going to allow us to win in the end. You can just sense it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Chuck Hagel has been saying this for months, nothing new from him the press is just recyling more of the same... and since when is Chuck Hagel a leading Republican is in not even part of the leadership in the Senate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
My email to Senator Hagel,

When you make statements calling the Iraq war another Vietnam you are doing EXACTLY what the enemy wants. They know they cannot beat us on the battlefield, they ARE beating us in the news though. The enemy knows how to maniplulate the news and it is working great for them. I call it treasonous. I may get my chance to go to Iraq someday and I will be thinking of all of the people back here that really support the troops.

When powerful people like yourself make these kinds of statements in the news you embolden the enemy and indirectly cause the deaths of more American troops. That is modern war for you. Instant news is bad and even worse when we give the enemy strength with it. I hope you don't run for president, With your attitude America is doomed. I will definately be campaiging against you should that day come. Our troops deserve strong unnerved total support from their nation. They are the best on earth but can be distracted from their mission by rifts at home. Please think about what your saying and the impact it has.

I've included a couple of old quotes for you to read and think about:

Long, dark months of trials and tribulations lie before us. Not only great dangers, but many more misfortunes, many shortcomings, many mistakes, many disappointments will surely be our lot. Death and sorrow will be the companions of our journey, hardship our garment, consistency and valor our only shield. We must be united, we must stand undaunted, we must be inflexible." --Winston Churchill, October 8, 1940

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT for Freedom of Speach...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top