Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:30:19 AM EDT
I feel like getting this off my chest, So its saturday night, just get back into town (college) and I end up going to this party down the street with my neighbor. There are lots of hot girls, the spoda is flowing and its generally a good time. I was in the middle of looking for this hottie I met a few moments before when this gangbanger looking asshole shows up and starts flipping me shit. Ok, heres the rundown, Im a white guy about 6 foot 1, 170 lbs. This black dude is about my height with about another 70 lbs on me, drunk as hell. So he starts getting in my face, "Why you messin wit me man, why you steppin, why you messin wit me man" starting to try and push me around. It was the first time I d seen this guy and I got right back in his face with a simple "Fuck you, get out of my face." He keeps running his mouth and it escalates, push comes to shove and this guy throws his beer at me and tries to suckerpunch me, I get out of the way of it, parry and clock him with an openhand strike to the jaw, we end up tangling and then it gets broken up. All in all we both got a hit or two in. I leave the party. This guy had four or five freinds with him that were even bigger than him, and i didnt particularly feel like getting stabbed or beaten to a pulp. It was a learning experience, Ive got a few scrapes but nothing major, all in all it turned out OK. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]
No "draw down."

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Hit him harder next time if you are going to wait around for the fight.

Probalby would have been better to just leave.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
So you left without the pie?

You know who got it right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You should have hacked him in the neck with a braodsword, ala "Rob Roy"
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, you're white, so when it comes down to it, you are an antagonizing racist against the timid and frightened black man panther.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thoughts?

Get some new friends would be my main thought.........
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I would have left. I can think of no good that comes from voluntarily fighting someone, when avoiding it altogether is an option.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
First, bail out when you have a chance. Manly or not, it does no good to escalate the problem.  Especially if it leads to serious injuries to him later. If you didn't try to walk away first, your ass is going to jail.

Second, never waste an "open hand" hit. If you are going to swing, punch as hard and fast as you can. Whether a slap to the face, or punch, it is still battery. Might as well make it worth it,
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, you're white, so when it comes down to it, you are an antagonizing racist against the timid and frightened black man panther.

Yep.

Get out of the place and go hunting pootang another night.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#10]
"HATE CRIME!"
"HATE CRIME!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You should have hacked him in the neck with a braodsword, ala "Rob Roy" hr

LMAO
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like you did fine.  You defended yourself and then assed out of there.

Might try windpiping the guy for a first hit, but second guessing a situation that took seconds to unfold is something for monday mornings, and it's practically noon here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No "draw down."

LMMFAO

Next time...hit first, hit hard, and don't let up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#14]
The next time you get into that type of confrontation and you know it will come to blows, don't say shit just knock the piss out of his head. Be the first to strike and strike HARD.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I would have left. I can think of no good that comes from voluntarily fighting someone, when avoiding it altogether is an option.

And if that doesn't work dont fight fair.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I graduated from Western Illinois University in 1993.
I've been to my share of frat parties.
I've NEVER seen a black person at a frat party.
There are obviously black and white frats, even though they aren't segregated.
So when I say there are black frat parties, and white frat parties, I don't mean to sound racist.
But at a frat party populated by caucasions, I've never seen a black person.

That being said, if your situation would have happened at WIU,
you would have had a significant percentage of the school population
assuming your "thug" was going out of his way to start trouble,
and everyone would have come to your assistance.

So it sucks to by you at that party.
Good thing he hit you too, or you could be in trouble.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#17]
+1  

Quoted:
never waste an "open hand" hit. If you are going to swing, punch as hard and fast as you can. Whether a slap to the face, or punch, it is still battery. Might as well make it worth it,

I was taught long ago... Hit em hard enough so they can't get back up
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#19]
When in doubt, Knock'em Out!!    

then split, quickly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah.....I go to parties where I know everyone there, pretty much for that reason.  The whole "I could be stabbed thing" kinda turns me off.  Call me crazy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if that doesn't work dont fight fair.

What is this fair fighting that you hear people always talking about anyway. bite him in the nuts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I graduated from Western Illinois University in 1993.
I've been to my share of frat parties.
I've NEVER seen a black person at a frat party.
There are obviously black and white frats, even though they aren't segregated.
So when I say there are black frat parties, and white frat parties, I don't mean to sound racist.
But at a frat party populated by caucasions, I've never seen a black person.

That being said, if your situation would have happened at WIU,
you would have had a significant percentage of the school population
assuming your "thug" was going out of his way to start trouble,
and everyone would have come to your assistance.

So it sucks to by you at that party.
Good thing he hit you too, or you could be in trouble.

Things are slightly different now than 12 years ago. I avoid parties with "thugs", going to jail sucks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I feel like getting this off my chest, So its saturday night, just get back into town (college) and I end up going to this party down the street with my neighbor. There are lots of hot girls, the spoda is flowing and its generally a good time. I was in the middle of looking for this hottie I met a few moments before when this gangbanger looking asshole shows up and starts flipping me shit. Ok, heres the rundown, Im a white guy about 6 foot 1, 170 lbs. This black dude is about my height with about another 70 lbs on me, drunk as hell. So he starts getting in my face, "Why you messin wit me man, why you steppin, why you messin wit me man" starting to try and push me around. It was the first time I d seen this guy and I got right back in his face with a simple "Fuck you, get out of my face." He keeps running his mouth and it escalates, push comes to shove and this guy throws his beer at me and tries to suckerpunch me, I get out of the way of it, parry and clock him with an openhand strike to the jaw, we end up tangling and then it gets broken up. All in all we both got a hit or two in. I leave the party. This guy had four or five freinds with him that were even bigger than him, and i didnt particularly feel like getting stabbed or beaten to a pulp. It was a learning experience, Ive got a few scrapes but nothing major, all in all it turned out OK. Thoughts?

When did you learn this?

If it was before you danced with him, my thoughts are you should have fled as soon as it looked like it might get ugly.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#24]
College...Party.....that's all you needed to say.
Another reason I cannot stand a crowd, esp when alcohol is involved.
A bunch of testoterone and alcohol fueled hardlegs...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#25]
What difference does skin color make?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Poor guy, he was just trying to "jump you in". Next time throw your hood up and represent, player.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Spoda?

Once upon a time 'spoda' was a derogotory term for certain people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Spoda?

I was wondering about that myself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm a 47 year old former U.S. Marine..and I kicked a lot of bar-room/party @$$ but also...by the time I was 25 years old I had my nose busted 3 times....one dislocated neck...both thumbs dislocated and had been cold cocked knocked out twice..and if there's one thing I learned through all of that?....it was this...

Responding to drunken strangers who are bigger and stronger than myself who also have far more close friends in the immdediate area than I do?...a reply of "Fuck Off" rarely (if ever) works out in such situations.

So?...I've grown older and wiser...and in the rare event I ever attend such goings on?....and wind up confronted with such an unavoidable scenario?....I smile...and then...kick'em in the balls and run like hell!!! LOL!!!

Then again?..being a happily married father of three daughters?...I rarely get the opportunity to attended drunken, out-of-control partys to go chase down the hotties the other guys invited...to THEIR party...that I'm attending....as it's kinda disrespectful if ya think about it....as BYOB can also stand for...

Bring Yer Own Biotch!!! LOL!!!

Hey...you asked.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

To liberal hippes, everything.

ETA: Liberals want us out of Iraq is because Bush (white) is evil and bringing pain, suffering and death among Middle Easterners (brown).

Skin color doesn't make a difference to me. Unfortunately I'm not a loon with an agenda or deciding on a case.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A lot to the court system.

NEVER open hand hit ANYONE. You just wasted a punch.

ETA: I ALWAYS walk away from fights, but I always listen and look slightly to see if I'm going to get jumped from behind. Someone says something to me, I say "whatever" and walk away like they're a mosquito that landed on my arm.

With a little practice you can learn how to throw a guy onto his back that runs up to attack you from behind. This have served me well.

I tend to get a lot of people that want to fight me, I know a lot of people and when I go to parties, I usually say hi to everyone I know. This makes me a target (especially because I'm one of those people that guys look at and say, "he thinks he's tough, I can kick his ass and make a name for myself").

I've been in a lot of fights, never thrown the first punch, and haven't lost since high school. I don't start anything ever, but I finish it.

And no, I'm not proud of it. I think it's ridiculous. Apparantly ignoring people just pisses them off even more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
College...Party.....that's all you needed to say.
Another reason I cannot stand a crowd, esp when alcohol is involved.
A bunch of testoterone and alcohol fueled hardlegs...

+1
Fights are bad in general,someone could get hurt (you) or in legal trouble (you again )
Letting some dumbass drunk sucker you into fighting if there is any way to avoid it is real dumb . No flame,I wasn't there and don't know if you could have avoided that mess that had potential to get real bad.
Save your battles for something more impotaint than some drunk idiot mouthing off at you.
+1 on not slapping anyone,if it comes to blows get your best shots in hard and fast . Fair is for college and high school sports,fights are not fair .
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Spoda?

Urbandictionary is good for anything that's not an actual word.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spoda

Sounds like it's interchangable with wigger.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#35]
You should have at the top of your voice yell, "That's my purse, I don't know you!" Followed by a swift kick to the crotch.

- bobby hill
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Get better friends, stay out of parties where you don't know most of the people and learn how to fight better if you suck at diplomacy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spoda?

Urbandictionary is good for anything that's not an actual word.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spoda

Sounds like it's interchangable with wigger.

weird, says it's "undefined"...

don't say nuffin' 'bout "moanbacks" neither...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Why would you open hand (slap) someone who just tried to punch you?

Like in rochambeau, one hit is all you get, so make it count.

use urbandictionary.com if you don't know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Guess you weren't SPODA be there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Is an openhanded strike to the jaw the same as slapping him like a bitch? I am really not up on half the lingo you used in your post. I guess I'm too old.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Guess you weren't SPODA be there.

That would be "foess duh,"  not "SPODA."  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Unless you are a skilled fighter then its hard to know if you could've taken this guy on with a 70lbs advantage.  A fatass guy that size could've easily had his knee dislocated w/ a moderate kick.
Feint a punch and kick said knee into the wrong direction.  Oldest trick in the book and works about 99% of the time.  Even when you know its coming.

+1 on the "if you suck at diplomacy"
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Is an openhanded strike to the jaw the same as slapping him like a bitch? I am really not up on half the lingo you used in your post. I guess I'm too old.

It must be the "PC" term for a bitch slap!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Hunt for pie in a less multicultural enviroment.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#47]

i paid my way through college (as much as possible) by bouncing at an extremely rough bar for years.

i have been the target of many a punch and flung bottles hurled by just about every juiced up and liquored up meat-head. as a semi-pro in this area, let me give you my take on the situation:

if you are going to stick around, get the job done ASAP.

if not, get out.

standing around sh*t talking some drunken gangbanger and waiting to see what happens next is a good way to loose teeth.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#48]
You should have called him the "n-word", it's going to scare him because you had the balls to say it.........or it could get you killed I guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Thought the jab to the neck works like a trick -its a tried and true formula-man cant breathe -man cant fight.

and the kick to the knee-cap-which will bend the knee in a way not designed-is definately a keeper . A definate show stopper for the spectators.

I have also found the head butt to the bridge of the nose when the opponent is 'steppin to ya' to start things off is quite effective and generally sets the tone for the ensueing ass-whoopin.

Now -good on ya. Walking away would have been what he wanted ,and probably what the last white guy did before you .Thereby affirming said homies supposed badassness and further confirming that whitey is a sissy and easily intimidated .Maybe he'll think twice next time before bowing up on some other keebler assed crackah.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone that has been in a few scuffles can tell if it's gonna develope into a fight, or if it's just a bunch of talk within the first few seconds.  This is the time when, as it has already been said, that you strike hard and strike fast.  Don't be the one who is trying to figure out if it's a fight or not (from the ground on your ass), throw down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top