Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2005 7:29:27 AM EDT

there is this nice lady that i met last weekend because we share a mutual friend.
i hear from the friend she is interested in me and i was kind of interested in her so i call her up and ask her out.
dinner and a movie.  i meet her at her place and we go out to eat.  sit and talk for about 45 minutes.  we seemed to have a good time and were hitting it off.  not much chemistry but i am not a love at first sight kind of guy anyway.  on the way back to her place and i am expecting a hug or a kiss or something and what i get is "thanks" as she hops out of my truck and shuts the door.  she walks up to the house without looking back.  

damn, i think i just got snubbed for $60.00.    
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Get over it, move on and buy a new gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
You need to listen to the Tom Leykis show on Thursdays for advice.

One of the important ones, never spend more than $45 on a date.
Another important one, movies are HORRIBLE first few dates.

Repeat after me " I will NEVER take a woman on a dinner and movie date in the first 2 months of dating"
There is no worse way to get to know someone.  You can't talk to each other and if the movie
sucks you are associated with that feeling.   Avoid the theater at all costs.

If you're smart, you can think of something interesting and quirky, and also
cheap or free.   First dates should not be a spending frenzy, it's just
to see if you hit it off.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
A first date is a time of anxiety for both men & women. Men will use this time to get a better feel for the woman, what her wants, needs and aspirations are, and if he can somehow fulfill her dreams, wishes and desires. Women consider the "first date" as a potential stepping stone to a meaningful relationship, and use this first encounter to gauge how much cash the poor bastard has that she can bleed out of him before she starts banging and eventually running away with the pool boy.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A first date is a time of anxiety for both men & women. Men will use this time to get a better feel for the woman, what her wants, needs and aspirations are, and if he can somehow fulfill her dreams, wishes and desires. Women consider the "first date" as a potential stepping stone to a meaningful relationship, and use this first encounter to gauge how much cash the poor bastard has that she can bleed out of him before she starts banging and eventually running away with the pool boy.

someone is bitter....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone is bitter....

And broke apparantly
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at yourself in the mirror and try to see what she saw. Reflect on the topics you chose to converse about. Somewhere in there, you two had a disconnect and she apparently felt that you weren't as interesting as you initially seemed to her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone is bitter....

And broke apparantly

I was going to say experienced, but I'll go with what he said.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Never expect more than what you got and you won't be disappointed.

I also think it is in very poor taste for a date not to thank (does not mean sex, just a thank you) the person who spent the money, regardless of whether of not they intend to see the person again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
She did thank him.  He just got REJECTED.  She is under no obligation for anything.

Your the fool for paying for everything to begin with.  You could have paid for the meal and her the movie.  It doesn't have to be "waiter split the check" kind of thing which is really tacky.

askmen.com messages boards can help you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
First of all you are a fool for taking her to dinner for the first date...especially to some place expensive.  What were you trying to do...buy her attention?  Since you are upset that you didn't get any attention after spending all that money...it sounds like that is exactly what you were trying to do.  Next time make the first date some place casual and do something fun.  For example find a place that has a pool table and have a couple drinks.  You'll get to know a lot more about how the girl behaves and all you are out is the price of a couple drinks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
First of all you are a fool for taking her to dinner for the first date...especially to some place expensive.  What were you trying to do...buy her attention?  Since you are upset that you didn't get any attention after spending all that money...it sounds like that is exactly what you were trying to do.  Next time make the first date some place casual and do something fun.  For example find a place that has a pool table and have a couple drinks.  You'll get to know a lot more about how the girl behaves and all you are out is the price of a couple drinks.

+1

Even less expensive is taking her to Sears and letting her take a couple of vacuum cleaners for a test spin. Sure, she may call you a jerk and storm out of the store, never to be seen again, but it's loads cheaper than a lawyer and the clerks may be so impressed that they will give you a discount on the appliance of your choice.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#12]
In the wild, the male  (of the species) offers up 'something' weather it be food, or a dance or a song (vocal noises), or whatever then the female takes it then makes a "judgement call" is the male acceptable? if yes, then put on the Luther Vandross. If no, she will shoo him off or in some cases eat him!! So you got shooed off. Big whoop, be glad you're still alive!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Even less expensive is taking her to Sears and letting her take a couple of vacuum cleaners for a test spin. Sure, she may call you a jerk and storm out of the store, never to be seen again, but it's loads cheaper than a lawyer and the clerks may be so impressed that they will give you a discount on the appliance of your choice.

Wish I had goten that advice when I was singe!!!

ETA Sparticus, you need a new avitar.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In the wild, the male  (of the species) offers up 'something' weather it be food, or a dance or a song (vocal noises), or whatever then the female takes it then makes a "judgement call" is the male acceptable? if yes, then put on the Luther Vandross. If no, she will shoo him off or in some cases eat him!! So you got shooed off. Big whoop, be glad you're still alive!

Indeed. Also in the wild males "mark" their territory to ward off competing suitors, you may try discreetly urinating around her garden (or potted plants, if she's an apartment dweller) to keep her all to yourself.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]
My 1st dates were always at Beni-Hana's. That meant there were at least 6 other people at the table to keep the conversation going. If the date was going good, the beach and boardwalk were just a short drive away to continue to get to know each other.  Only had one bad date there, but I met a girl at the table who I later took out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#16]
What  you communicated was that you like to eat and watch movies and you have trouble parting with $60. Learn from your experience and try again with someone else.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#17]
At least she closed the truck door be for she let out the fart she'd been holding for 2 hours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#18]
BTW: I think I know where your name came from. Blue + paddle. Makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#19]
So ask your mutual friend what happened.
I'm sure she knows.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey man, you didn't marry her.

And if you're a low-key kind of guy then don't do the dinner route next time.  Take the next one bowling or shooting pool or something cheap and fun for the first date.  If she bitches about the lack of money spent, then you know what she's after and you can move onto the next one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#21]
You should have taken her roller skating
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]
If it was dinner and a movie, and the total was $60, how are we calling this an expensive date?

Two movie tickets = $15
Misc at theater          = $10
Total movie                            $25

$60 - $ 25 =  $35

A $35 dinner for two is not an expensive restuarant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

And you can't be rude to her either b/c you share a mutual friend.  

Ask for a second date and when the bill comes, look at her with a "I'm REALLY broke" look.  Make sure to take sep cars so you don't have to endure her wrath on the ride home.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you can't be rude to her either b/c you share a mutual friend.  

Ask for a second date and when the bill comes, look at her with a "I'm REALLY broke" look.  Make sure to take sep cars so you don't have to endure her wrath on the ride home.

Just pull a dine-n-ditch when she goes to the bathroom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#26]
So you were expecting a BJ or what?

Good girls don't kiss on the first date.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

there is this nice lady that i met last weekend because we share a mutual friend.
i hear from the friend she is interested in me and i was kind of interested in her so i call her up and ask her out.
dinner and a movie.  i meet her at her place and we go out to eat.  sit and talk for about 45 minutes.  we seemed to have a good time and were hitting it off.  not much chemistry but i am not a love at first sight kind of guy anyway.  on the way back to her place and i am expecting a hug or a kiss or something and what i get is "thanks" as she hops out of my truck and shuts the door.  she walks up to the house without looking back.  

uh,  no chemistry, no huggy kissy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

SGatr15

Consider me bad, then.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So you were expecting a BJ or what?

SGatr15

but the great ones do anal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If it was dinner and a movie, and the total was $60, how are we calling this an expensive date?

Two movie tickets = $15

$60 - $ 25 =  $35

That's what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#31]
AHHHHHH love
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Consider me bad, then.

You know what I mean.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Dinner is fine but I avoid a movie untill I get to know someone well . It may or may not be entertaining (mostly not) but is dead time when your goal should be to find out if this new person and you will make a connection or not . Either way don't get bent about it , you took a shot and did not klick with her,what do you want a quick get away or the girl to string you along for free meals untill someone else to ask her out ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Consider me bad, then.

You know what I mean.

Sgat1r5

Yeah, but I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#35]

You must have looked desperate.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#36]
keep us posted!  enquiring minds want to know what the mutual friend knows!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Two movie tickets = $15

$60 - $ 25 =  $35

+1

Yuo should always have beer and onion rings the nioght before
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#38]
You got a date nothing more,what did you expect?  I can't tell you about the people I know that hit it off sexually at first site,they knew then screw,and have nothing in common except sex from then on!!!!

Pretty soon it gets old,they have nothing in common but sex!!!

People live thier whole lives needing nothing more than this!!!

What you have to ask yourselfe is this what I am about?

Because there may come a time when you would want another to love you(the person)not just the organ!!

So if she didn't give it up to you first date(doesn't mean she is not attracted to you)just that she may have higher roads you might wish to travel!!!

And if you really find that you love each other you will make it though(the rare times)that sex is just not as good as it used to be!

Because Love unlike sex has no UPS and DOWNS!!

Give it another try!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
keep us posted!  enquiring minds want to know what the mutual friend knows!

+1

So what did the mutal friend have to say about it?  I'm sure you have heard something back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Ah, it is what it is.

Fuggedabowtit and moveon.org.

Women are a dime a dozen; you will absolutely meet someone who fits you like a glove, and when you do, you will marry her like I married Mrs. samsong.

None of it matters.

Go out with a bunch of girls - ask a ton of 'em out. Sleep with as many as you can. Spend as much money chasing them as it takes, bitch not a whit if they reject your advances. Move onto the nest one. Have fun.

Definitely have sex with a bunch of them - I can't overstress the importance of this. You will meet the one who will change your life forever as a matter of accident - it won't be an event you can control or predict, so shtoink as many of the odd ones you can while you're still able to. The memories of this will warm the cockles of your heart later when your wife won't sleep with you, 'cause you didn't paint the bedroom doors when you said you would, and instead went shooting with your college buddies.

Don't get anybody preggers. If you do, don't let them have an abortion. There's already too few Americans due to abortion and birth control.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#41]
If you're a single guy and just looking to have fun and get laid, I second the Tom Leykis 101 advice.    
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
If you're a single guy and just looking to have fun and get laid, I second the Tom Leykis 101 advice.    

Who's this Leykis guy? Is he radio only or website too?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Shit I'm going out on a date tonight and we're going to the movies.

Luckily the theatre has a bar, so we can BS a little beforehand.  

Thing is, I don't know if she's a pool hall kind of gal so my plan to take her there afterwards may go nowhere.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I think the number is 1-800-Dr-Phil.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, that cost you 1/2 case of ammo.
Well, Wolf, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww................wassamattah............ blupaddle didn't get any nookie on his first date............ awwwwwwwwwwwww.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#48]
the only money that should be spent on first dates is on alcohol....period....well, and a rubber
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Well if he was a player like Lordtrader.............. He could have 'got it' with just the purchase of a candy bar!

89 cents is all you would have spent and you would've been in like flynn..........
edit to add: 1990........The year I graduated high school!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's this Leykis guy? Is he radio only or website too?

This fan mail will give you an idea.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 4:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject:

Tom,
I hate you. My boyfriend listens to you a lot and i also sometime hear what you are saying. He went to the website to see the fat girl and while we were their we saw your picture too. You are a fat ass also so what makes you think you can make fun of this woman? Look in the miror asshole.

hater in williamsport md

Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 7:46 PM
Subject: Spam Alert: (no subject)

TOM YOU ARE THE WORST MALE CHOVNIST PIG ON THE PLANET YOR RADIO SHOW SUCKS YOUR ARE A PIG IF ALL MEN WERE LIKE YOU ID RATHER BE A LESBIAN

Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:52 PM
Subject:

I HATE YOU. YOU ARE AN INSENSITIVE BASTARD AND YOU SHOULD BE SHOT.

Link
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top