BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Warts are natures way of telling you that your immune system is not working properly.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had a wart, thank god.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Best way is carve them out with an Xacto #11 blade, then cauterize with the tip of a Weller 100w gun.

Works for me.

(Don't try this at home)

(I have a very high pain threshhold)
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going into the doctor to have mine planter warts treated again on tuesday.  They are going to freeze them and then chemically treat them with cantheradin.  I'll take some before and afters so you all can see what I have been going through for more than a year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes!.  but, you have to go real deep to get the roots.  You bleed like a stuck pig.  Razor blade and clippers are good tools and work well.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am going into the doctor to have mine planter warts treated again on tuesday.  They are going to freeze them and then chemically treat them with cantheradin.  I'll take some before and afters so you all can see what I have been going through for more than a year.

how many do you have? if its only a handful or so, there is a product called mediplast that ive had good luck with. basically an adhesive pad with acid. cut to size, stick to your foot, and it kills the skin several layers deep. eventuaaly, it gets deep enough to get the wart too. once i got rid of the few warts i had, they havent been back since. couple years now. if i ever got another one, id use the mediplast and if caught earky, would probably be gone in a matter of days.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
No, but I watched my dad burn one of his hand with a soldering iron.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Best way is carve them out with an Xacto #11 blade, then cauterize with the tip of a Weller 100w gun.

Works for me.

(Don't try this at home)

(I have a very high pain threshhold)

I didn't have a solder iron...  Instead, I used a phillips head screwdriver.. I heated it with a MAPP gas torch until it was cherry red. After chopping off the wart with nailclippers, I stuck the glowing red screwdriver into the bleeding root. It hurt like hell and stank to high heaven...  But that wart never grew back.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The secret is to tackle those bastards after soaking them in HOT water (softens em up).
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone dealt with a seed wart? I had one on my thumb, and after an intricate op with an exacto knife, the seeds were removed and the wart left post haste
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
i had a brown reclue bite me on the knee 2 days after i got bit i had a infection as long as a lizards tail i cut it open with a swiss army knife used some tweezers and pulled the infection out. after that i took a soldering iron and burned that sum bitch closed never felt so much pain in my life
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes!.  but, you have to go real deep to get the roots.  You bleed like a stuck pig.  Razor blade and clippers are good tools and work well.

Define "Real Deep"?

Such as "As much below the surface as above", "Quarter Inch", or explain how you know you have the final root identified for extraction...  Since we are into such detail already...  

I had some about twenty years ago that I used that method on
there is a "string" in the center that doesn't seem to want to let go
sometimes it goes down a quarter of an inch.......or more(ouch)
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I had one on my left hand when I was in middleschool

I pulled it out with a pair of needlenose it came back once, dug it out again, never had one since

it was about 1/4 of an inch deep and did bleed, but it healed nicely, no scar or anything
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Define "Real Deep"?

Such as "As much below the surface as above", "Quarter Inch", or explain how you know you have the final root identified for extraction...  Since we are into such detail already...  

think of it like an iceberg. but its usually wider than deep. if you look at a cross section of skin, there are three layers. warts only grown in the outer layer..the epidermis. they do not penetrate any deeper than the depth of the epidermis and do not grow into the second layer..the dermis. there is no "root" like a plant has or anything either. there are blood vessels and nerves in there though. im not sure how to describe it, but you can tell visually when you have reached the dermis.

eta: replaced iceburg.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you people heard of medical insurance? Go to the damn doctor! McM
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No, but I watched my dad burn one of his hand with a soldering iron.

That just doesn't sound fun at all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Where's the fun in that?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I've never had any warts. Sounds like I've been missing out on all kinds of fun...!

More info here-------------www.jyi.org/volumes/volume7/issue5/features/demichele.html
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's the fun in that?

No kidding. This turned out to be a pretty good thread!

I love the post about the phillips head screwdriver!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Hemostats work better than a phillips head screwdriver. You can really get to the
core of the matter using them.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I had one on my palm about 10 years ago, hit it with liquid nitrogen.

It was bigger than I had thought, turned out to be about 3/8" in diameter, and came apart like string cheese when I peeled it out chunk by chunk a day after the freeze treatment.

Never came back though.

Dude!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I saw a woman one time who couldn't deliver her baby vaginally due to the amount of genital warts in her vagina and a guy who had to come in to have his anal warts worked on....

I worked in a red-neck bar and every red-neck has to shake your hand. I lived with wart on my hands for 2 years. Dug a couple out, but the rest went away after quit.

I had a big seed wart on my belly when I was a kid.....dug it out with pliers, still makes me itch to think about it.

Since I've been a nurse  I use scaples and hemos.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw a woman one time who couldn't deliver her baby vaginally due to the amount of genital warts in her vagina and a guy who had to come in to have his anal warts worked on....

I worked in a red-neck bar and every red-neck has to shake your hand. I lived with wart on my hands for 2 years. Dug a couple out, but the rest went away after quit.

I had a big seed wart on my belly when I was a kid.....dug it out with pliers, still makes me itch to think about it.

Since I've been a nurse  I use scaples and hemos.

And KY-Bob thought MY post was a bit too graphic....

TO answer your question... BAN BOTH!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#29]
When I was 7 or 8, I had one on the palm of my left hand, between my middle and ring fingers.  I would pick at it with my pocket knife until it bled.  Then, one day I was running down the hall and tripped.  I put my hands down to break my fall and sliid on my left hand for a couple feet.  

When I got up, the wart was ripped almost all the way off my hand.  It just hand a sliver of skin holding it on.  I gritted my teeth, grabbed it and yanked.  Pain and blood, lots of pain and blood, but it never came back.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top