Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:08:25 AM EDT
Saw this on Fox News this mourning. Looks like a good organization and our guys and gals need this stuff badly.

In every war America has fought, troops have purchased some of their own gear. Wether it be, guns or personal comfort items, everything a troop needs is not always availiable within the military supply chain. This is just another example of that. So help the troops out, they don't make that much money and they are putting their lives on the line for us every day.

Even a $5 or $10 donation will go a long way to help our service members out.

Lippo out

www.armor4troops.org

Our American Heroes Need Your Help!

There are currently over 130,000+ American troops currently stationed in Iraq. Many of these are members of your family or church, your friends or co-workers. Approximately 4,400 of these American Heroes are members of our own Georgia National Guards 48th Brigade.

Temperatures are rapidly approaching the mid-120 degrees range and are expected to rise even higher within another few weeks.

Imagine your own discomfort even now in moderate mid-day temperatures when you get into your car…the heat blast when you open the door, the hot, stuffy air inside the car, the hot seats and steering wheel providing you with plenty of discomfort until your air conditioner kicks in.

Now try to imagine the discomfort that a soldier feels when he/she is suited-up in a long-sleeved uniform, a 20 pound armored vest, 10-15 pounds of ammo, a 30-50 pound pack, a “water camel” with a couple gallons of water, “comm gear”, a heavy helmet, carrying a fully loaded weapon and walking on searing concrete or scorching sand…all in temperatures that exceed 120 degrees, in conditions where people are shooting at you or where bombs are going off all around you.        

The Armor 4 Troops Foundation, Inc., a Woodstock, Georgia based 501c3 charitable organization, has been asked for its assistance by many of these soldiers to help provide them with “Under Armour”; a state-of-the-art moisture wicking, body cooling, heat-regulating type of protective clothing that is not currently provided by the military. We are proud to assist our American Heroes and are currently leading a fundraising drive to raise monies in order to help fulfill this request and send as much of this gear as we can to as many of our American Heroes as we can.

Your Donation, No Matter How Small, Will Make A Difference in how our American Heroes can feel in their seemingly unbearable conditions.    

Freedom Is Not Free!!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I think its a good idea to give the troops more of them, but for what its worth most commands issue several pairs UAs or other brands with similar funcation to the troops.  Not to mention that at most mob station BX/PX they sell UA and several other types of MM type under garments for like 12 dollars a piece.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think its a good idea to give the troops more of them, but for what its worth most commands issue several pairs UAs or other brands with similar funcation to the troops.  Not to mention that at most mob station BX/PX they sell UA and several other types of MM type under garments for like 12 dollars a piece.

From reading some of the letters from the troops on the site, it sounds like, they are not getting some of this stuff. Ballistic eye wear and under armor is in sore need from the sounds of it. Plus, if you have a family with kids back here in the states and are making $2,000 a month, $12 can be a lot of money.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Rather than sending $5 or $10 to this organization, why aren't we questioning why our government doesn't properly equip its troops with this gear?

Sounds like we need to cut another DDX out of the program.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is a simple truth of life, some people (military included) pray on other peoples kindness to get free stuff when they can , even little things like this.  When I was a commander, my Lt's did the very same thing with UA, Leathermans, Surefires, Oakleys, etc.  I know they did it because I used the Battalion's IMPAC card to buy the gear that they told friends and several manufacturers they weren't issued.  So I often take things like this with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Ok, so piss on this.

Mod's please delete this thread.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top