Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 8:44:13 PM EDT
Things are tight I tell yea. I'd love to put togther an AR pistol now but things just seem to be getting worse, maybe it is the heat. Gas is high. The airlines are taken a dump, I just hope we only get a pay cut instead of walking papers. And this heat just sucks too. You can't lift a wrench outside without breaking a sweat. And whats funny I'm suppose to be use to this being from south Mississippi an all. Maybe I should start a toy fund. Hey I'm jut blowing some steam here no flaming please....and I know asking for no flaming is going to start flaming.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the feeling.  My wife has been in a nursing home for almost four years.  I work 7 days a week to pay for that, and haven't been shooting in over four years.  Unlike for me, things will get better for you.  A good mechanic, even an airline one, will come-out ok in the long run.  That's something we'll always need, and the job can't be outsourced.z
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well jobs may not be outsourced intirelly but they can pay you alot less. Northwest's problems will pave the way for that as I see it. If the Airline can fly with Mechanics off the street then why should an airline have soo many A&P licenced mechanics? They will lay-off a ton of A&P mechanics and hire what is called Mechanic's helpers (un-licenced mechanics) at a much less pay scale.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Put two dollars in a mason jar every day and in a year you'll have enough for a SEBR.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sold some of my toys today at my wife's garage sale (my Star Wars toys). We have a doctors appt in Bismarck for my son.

My toys that go bang collection only grows around tax time and usually it only grows due to added accesories.

This tax season will be for my brother. I'm building him a custom AR to pay for his web services for making a site for our gunsmithing business.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm working a second job just to pay for toys, but all of a sudden, that money is going to work for us too.

Working my ass off for an ACOG now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm working a second job just to pay for toys, but all of a sudden, that money is going to work for us too.

Working my ass off for an ACOG now.

I have that factory .30 caliber one still for sale
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been out of work for 2 months, I'm IT guy by trade.  I just started driving combine for minimum wage.......things could be worse I guess.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It sucks seeing people refer to income as "coin".
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a few new toys......

Wha'ts the problem you ask?

Toys are in the states. I'm in Baghdad.

Cant' wait to get home and fondle them. Don't really have a family to come home to, so i get to come home to the arsenal.

Ahh..... arsenal sweet arsenal.

(good luck with the job there buddy)
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the money but have to be responsible with it.  Ah hell, I might put a 92FS on layaway soon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Things always get better dude.. If a particular toy is important to you, you'll find a way and have it someday.

+1 on outsourcing. I understand that there are airliners going to FAA regulated repair centers in Mexico....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top