Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/20/2005 1:21:26 PM EDT
Whats your take on that scenario. Do you predict a national crisis.  Would crime sky rocket. Would cases of rape  increase.  Or would something darker happen.  Give me your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
There would be a lot of boating accidents.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Damn straight
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Whats your take on that scenario. Do you predict a national crisis.  Would crime sky rocket. Would cases of rape  increase.  Or would something darker happen.  Give me your thoughts?

Total ban and government confiscation would be a SHTF situation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
anarchy.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Voting from the rooftops sir.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]

TOTAL gun confiscation would =

A lot of goverment officials that would come get the guns would be dead. And a lot of citizens as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Total ban and government confiscation would be a SHTF situation.

Yup.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A lot of goverment officials that would come get the guns would be dead. And a lot of Patriots as well.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Texas would secede... we'd keep our guns, thank you very much.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Smugglers will bring in full-auto. Only for criminals, of course.

The streets will literally flow in the blood of the innocent, then. But isn't that what the liberals want?

Scott
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A lot of goverment officials that would come get the guns would be dead. And a lot of citizens as well.

You talk like you are prepared for such a scenario and have been for along time. If you are good man.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

...even the boat I DON'T have would have an accident!

HH
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'd be moving to Texas.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You can add eastern Colorado and Western Kansas to the list also. Come and get them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

With a lot of Politicians aboard.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#17]
There would be a pile of dead bodies in front of my door.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah it would get ugly really quick.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Mexico
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
The first civil war would look like a road tour put on by a pacifist movement.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You've got alot more faith in Austin than I do.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Austin is a camp of unarmed people surrounded by armed people. When TSHTF, Austin goes whichever way the rest of Texas wants...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be moving to Texas.

How good is your Spanish?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Austin is a camp of unarmed people surrounded by armed people. When TSHTF, Austin goes whichever way the rest of Texas wants...

There are plenty of gun owners in Austin too. An Austin liberal is a conservative anywhere else in the country.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Not a damn thing would change or happen. Those that tried to resists would be labeled as domestic terrorists. You would be rounded up and made an example of.
Suzie Soccer mom and Joe NASCAR could care less if they were disarmed, as long as it didn’t interrupt there trip to the espresso stand. Or for gods sakes displace there episode of survivor on TV.

AMERICA is too soft for a fight. We have slowly became the French.

OR....

L'AMÉRIQUE est trop molle pour un combat. Nous avons sommes lentement devenus les Français.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Not a damn thing would change or happen. Those that tried to resists would be labeled as domestic terrorists. You would be rounded up and made an example of.
Suzie Soccer mom and Joe NASCAR could care less if they were disarmed, as long as it didn’t interrupt there trip to the espresso stand. Or for gods sakes displace there episode of survivor on TV.

I don't like it, but he's right.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't like it, but he's right.

I won't be alone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'd move to Texas.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

A bunch of small scale WACOS but the media will portray them like nutjiobs as usual. After a few hundred people die across the nation, it will quiet down, people will turn in their token guns and hide the rest.

The American way of life as we knew it will cease to exist. We will probably never recover.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#31]
The question you need to ask is how much of  the military would defend the Constitution and how many would just blindly follow orders to consficate the guns.  I would give my predictiion of the percentages of each service, but dont have my flame-proof suit on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The question you need to ask is how much of  the military would defend the Constitution and how many would just blindly follow orders to consficate the guns.  I would give my predictiion of the percentages of each service, but dont have my flame-proof suit on.

Yep, from patrolman on the beat, and all the way up the food chain...LOTS of folks will have to make that tough decision...uphold the Constitution, or uphold laws they know to be bogus.  

Either way, Thomas Jefferson will be right.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]

What would it be like if the Dems got thier wish and a total gun ban was enacted.

CW
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That's for damn sure!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I would hide a few guns and sell the rest to whever is willing to pay the most money.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Be no diff than today.  Criminals would still have em, most law abiding citizens would not.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
"The question you need to ask is how much of the military would defend the Constitution and how many would just blindly follow orders to consficate the guns. I would give my predictiion of the percentages of each service, but dont have my flame-proof suit on."

US Military won't be used for this. This scenario will play out after something happens here to prompt the govn. to declare martial law. Our military will be out of the country, (Much like they are now) and the UN will offer to "Help" secure our nation. The soldier that shows up to search you will most likely be wearing a blue helmet. The theory behind using the UN troops is that they will have no problems shooting US citizens.  To them, we are just insurgents(sp?). Our troops will be marooned in some foriegn shithole country, and unable to repond. Picture "Red Dawn", except substitute UN troops for the reds. It will all be nice and legal. Thanks to the Patriot act(s)...
All it will take to classify any of us as a potential "Terrorist" is the possession of one or more "Military type" firearms.
It's not really an "if" situation, more of a "When".  This country has pretty much been sold to the highest bidder already. We just have to wait for them to come and take possession...

Rich

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Canada would come to our rescue!
LOL
myitinaw
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#40]
criminals would get a bit bolder. probably more occupioed home invasions than now
door to door confiscations would start up using 4473s from gun stores and other forms of registration to get the addresses. At some point one or more of these teams would get a couple of their members killed in an ambush as they entered a house. from that point on the confiscations would likely just turn into intentional house burnings ala Waco or some of the house set on fire more recently by tear gas grenades
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Let's say that we Patriots won the War and were in charge.

Would you be in favor of executing those politicians and political groups who committed crimes against the constitution?

If so, who would top the list and how would they be executed?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

and when someone told that to the door to door confiscation squad they'd get laughed at and hand cuffed while their house was torn apart
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
"The question you need to ask is how much of the military would defend the Constitution and how many would just blindly follow orders to consficate the guns. I would give my predictiion of the percentages of each service, but dont have my flame-proof suit on."

US Military won't be used for this. This scenario will play out after something happens here to prompt the govn. to declare martial law. Our military will be out of the country, (Much like they are now) and the UN will offer to "Help" secure our nation. The soldier that shows up to search you will most likely be wearing a blue helmet. The theory behind using the UN troops is that they will have no problems shooting US citizens.  To them, we are just insurgents(sp?). Our troops will be marooned in some foriegn shithole country, and unable to repond. Picture "Red Dawn", except substitute UN troops for the reds. It will all be nice and legal. Thanks to the Patriot act(s)...
All it will take to classify any of us as a potential "Terrorist" is the possession of one or more "Military type" firearms.
It's not really an "if" situation, more of a "When".  This country has pretty much been sold to the highest bidder already. We just have to wait for them to come and take possession...

Rich

Those blue helmets sure make good targets.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I would move back to Texas.

I'm already pissed that I moved back "home" and Kolumbus decided to ban "assault weapons"!!!

I have seriously considered moving back to Texas again and I still might. I'm sorry but generally the north sucks compared to the south.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rich

Thats what the 308 is for!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be moving to Texas.

How good is your Spanish?

Olah.  Tequila??  Si, Senor.  Gracias.  What more do you need?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, from patrolman on the beat, and all the way up the food chain...LOTS of folks will have to make that tough decision...uphold the Constitution, or uphold laws they know to be bogus.  

Either way, Thomas Jefferson will be right.  

Hey Feinian, you mean it's gonna be "We Ourselves" ?
Most of the police & military are going to ask themselves this: "Well, I have to pay my mortgage, right?" That will be their first priority. No one cares about anyone else and much less a "Constitution."
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rich

Thats what the 308 is for!

Yep!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top