Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:27:02 AM EDT
Finally, some news on the Minutemen's Houston project
(as usual, there are people that don't want law-abiding Citizens to be armed)
They better be well-armed if they will be frequenting areas where ILLEGAL ALIENS congregate
for the liberals that don't understand why...........it is because ILLEGAL ALIENS are CRIMINALS

Minutemen will be armed while patrolling Houston
By EDWARD HEGSTROM
Houston Chronicle
Aug. 19, 2005
The Minutemen will come to Houston bearing arms.

Leaders of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps of Texas had earlier said volunteers observing Houston's day laborers in October would carry nothing but video cameras.

But leaders now say those involved in the operations targeting local illegal immigrants will be allowed to carry arms as long as they comply with all federal and state laws.

In fact, those who have a concealed-weapons permit are being offered a discount on joining the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. An Arizona-based organization, the Minutemen started out by patrolling the Arizona-Mexico border in April to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing, but the group has announced it will conduct a variety of operations here this fall.

Members are normally charged $50 to join, with the money used to conduct a criminal background check. Those with a valid concealed-weapons permit can have that fee waived, since they already have undergone a background check and met other requirements, such as a handgun course, to get the permit, said George Klages, spokesman for the Minutemen in Houston.

Klages said the Minutemen are all responsible, law-abiding citizens, and the use of arms will not cause problems here.

"About 50 or 60 percent of our members are veterans," he said. "These are people who know how to handle a weapon."

But critics worry about the Minutemen carrying arms in the city, and they think the group is giving special incentives to those able to carry concealed weapons.

"They only want people who are armed," said Juan Alvarez, a member of the Coalition Against Intolerance and For Respect, a newly formed group advocating for Houston day laborers. "It will incite violence."

Bill Parmley, the original leader of the Minuteman Texas chapter, said he had discouraged the use of weapons, particularly in urban operations such as the observations of the day laborers who wait for work on Houston streets.

Parmley resigned last month, citing racism among local members in the Goliad chapter. He now says he worries about the Minutemen being armed.

"Just because you can pass one of these concealed-weapons courses doesn't mean you have the mental capability to carry a firearm," he said.

Nationally, the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps has no policy forbidding members from carrying arms.

"We actually prefer that everyone have a concealed-weapons permit," said Chris Simcox, the head of the group.

But Simcox said weapons will be less important in a place like Houston than on the border, which is more dangerous and more remote.

Simcox has gotten in trouble with the law for being armed.

In January 2003, Simcox was arrested by federal agents, accused of entering Coronado National Monument in Arizona while armed.

He was convicted of entering a federal park with a loaded weapon and offering false information to a federal officer, both misdemeanors, and was sentenced to two years' probation, court records show.

Simcox noted that there were no signs marking the park boundary, and that park rangers seemed to be waiting for him.

Houston police are aware that some of the Minutemen will be armed, and officers will make sure that all laws are obeyed, said Lt. Robert Manzo, an HPD spokesman.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
BS.  Buelter used to go to our church a few years ago.  The guy is kind of sanctimonious but he's not a racist.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
BS.  Buelter used to go to our church a few years ago.  The guy is kind of sanctimonious but he's not a racist.

Are you talking about the Goliad Chapter?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  From what I've heard, Ken Buelter is the new head of that chapter.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]

"critics worry about the Minutemen carrying arms in the city"

"critics" also worry about the leftist liberal media having NO journalistic integrity
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  From what I've heard, Ken Buelter is the new head of that chapter.

Bill Parmley:
"Just because you can pass one of these concealed-weapons courses
doesn't mean you have the mental capability to carry a firearm,"

This guy is no friend of the Minutemen...........
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
As usual, the left sides with the enemy. Here are these Mexican based gangs threatening violence against American citizens. Yet the left doesn't even want to allow these people to exercise their right to protect themselves, while they say nothing about the illegal bastards that aren't even suppose to be here in the first place, who are threatening them! Liberalism is indeed a mental illness.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, they are GETTING predictable that way
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Many of you may recall my post on HPD's policy on illegal aliens.  I belive HPD will end up detaining many of the minutemen group, trying to find violations during their operations.  I think they will detain them all and check everyones DL's and guns to be sure they arnt stolen.  This will give the aliens plenty of time to depart.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Houston police are aware that some of the Minutemen will be armed, and officers will make sure that all laws are obeyed, said Lt. Robert Manzo, an HPD spokesman.

Does anybody, anybody at all, see the blatant hypocrisy in this statement?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#10]
So, what's the big deal about CHL's. It is perfectly legal to walk down the street with a loaded shotgun! Unless Houston has some asinine law that prevents arms in the city limits. I don't see the big deal.

Wobblin-Goblin, talk about a double standared.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"critics worry about the Minutemen carrying arms in the city"

"critics" also worry about the leftist liberal media having NO journalistic integrity

Leftest liberal news media doesn't know what journalistic integrity since they have one track minds when it comes to writing storeys. Guns are bad,gays are good,abortion for all,and illegal immigrants have the same rights or more than US citizens. Same song different day.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

[bush]They are not allowed to enforce federal law, except against gun owners[/bush]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Many of you may recall my post on HPD's policy on illegal aliens.  I belive HPD will end up detaining many of the minutemen group, trying to find violations during their operations.  I think they will detain them all and check everyones DL's and guns to be sure they arnt stolen.  This will give the aliens plenty of time to depart.  

Depart? The illegals aren't going anywhere, why should they, they are safe here, no one will arrest them......
The Police, aclu, president and attorney general, lulac, liberals, dems, repubs AND the media will protect them
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I just hope these Minutemen yo-yo's don't get into a shooting incident that, will cause the of repeal of Concealed weapons laws in a number of States.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just hope these Minutemen yo-yo's don't get into a shooting incident that, will cause the of repeal of Concealed weapons laws in a number of States.

Texas has a self defense law. The minutemen if they nail somebody it will be justified. They are just protecting themselves. If I was a Texas legislature member I dont think I would vote for repealing the CC law. You wouldnt be very popular with the voters. The minutemen are armed for the same reason as the police to protect lives.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Concealed?

They should be open carrying LONG RIFLES!

What's going to happen if the Minutemen come up against a heavily armed mob of illegals? Dead Minutemen! And they already know the illegal drug lords want all of them dead, along with the ACLU.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Concealed?

They should be open carrying LONG RIFLES!

What's going to happen if the Minutemen come up against a heavily armed mob of illegals? Dead Minutemen! And they already know the illegal drug lords want all of them dead, along with the ACLU.

As of now you only allowed handguns according to what I have read last nite. However I am not sure about AR-15's if kept in your vehicle as you watch the border but in Houston you would be away from your vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You consider them yo-yos? It seems to me they are doing a service to this nation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Nope, will never happen. And they are not "yo-yos" IMHO!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[bush]They are not allowed to enforce federal law, except against gun owners[/bush]

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. If I've ever heard of anything more asinine than government agents saying they'll be watching American citizens to make sure they obey all laws while those same citizens are leading the authorities to illegal aliens...it must've been in a Monty Python movie.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted: The Minutemen will come to Houston bearing arms.
Heck yeah! Only victims go unarmed into the city of Houston. Everyone else is packing a weapon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. If I've ever heard of anything more asinine than government agents saying they'll be watching American citizens to make sure they obey all laws while those same citizens are leading the authorities to illegal aliens...it must've been in a Monty Python movie.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

Welcome to the new millenium
It is almost funny..................almost
the local government representative LEO is saying that he will be keeping an eye on the
CITIZENS that are keeping an eye on the ILLEGALS................
and the worst part is that we are paying these dumbfucks to attack us while ignoring the illegals
I wonder how long it will be before the situation boils over, probably within the next year or two
that is why bush told congress he wants a guest worker program this year, it is now a race......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:53:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas has a self defense law. The minutemen if they nail somebody it will be justified. They are just protecting themselves. If I was a Texas legislature member I dont think I would vote for repealing the CC law. You wouldnt be very popular with the voters. The minutemen are armed for the same reason as the police to protect lives.

NEGITIVE!  If the Minutemen killed anyone for any reason....self defense or other, it WOULD lead to the conviction of said person, and disbanding of the MM project. Houston is primarily democratic.  This combined with the liberal media would garentee a guilty verdict.  If a fire fight ensued and an alien was shot or killed the Media, LEOs, pro-alien groups, politians, and presidente fox would be down the MM throat.  I belive the liberal minded people of the jury would most definatly jump on the bandwagon and offer up a conviction.  

ETA: The State of Texas would not get rid of the CC.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEGITIVE!  If the Minutemen killed anyone for any reason....self defense or other, it WOULD lead to the conviction of said person, and disbanding of the MM project. Houston is primarily democratic.  This combined with the liberal media would garentee a guilty verdict.  If a fire fight ensued and an alien was shot or killed the Media, LEOs, pro-alien groups, politians, and presidente fox would be down the MM throat.  I belive the liberal minded people of the jury would most definatly jump on the bandwagon and offer up a conviction.

ETA: The State of Texas would not get rid of the CC.  

We got CC because bush told our legislature that they WOULD draft laws regarding same
and he would sign it, just like he told the US legislature they WILL draft a guest worker law........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top