User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:49:12 PM EDT
I don't know...  I've always had a soft spot for this one:

www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/19/top_movie_film/

Bond's Lotus Esprit voted top movie car

By Lester Haines
Published Friday 19th August 2005 14:42 GMT

The subaquatic Lotus Esprit which completely outacted Roger Moore in the 1977 James Bond outing The Spy Who Loved Me has been voted the most memorable car in film history in a poll by UK DVD rental outfit Lovefilm.

The souped-up DeLorean from Back to the Future came second, followed by Starsky and Hutch's Ford Torino, VW Beetle Herbie and the Batmobile trailing along in fifth.

The rest of the top ten comprised vehicles from Bullitt, The Blues Brothers, Grease, Ghostbusters and Thelma & Louise, but since from these we can only vividly recall the Ghostbusters' wheels and sort of vaguely remember what good old Bullitt was driving (no emails please), we assume that there simply aren't that many memorable movie cars to go round these days.

After all, where are Christine, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Genevieve? For that matter, what about the plethora of motorised talent in Mad Max; or Sean Connery's Aston Martin DB5 in Goldfinger, eh? I tell you what, though, Sean Connery was by far the best Bond. God alone knows what they were thinking when they cast Roger... [Editorial note: As ever, readers can catch the rest of this insight into where the Bond franchise went wrong in the snug of Ye Olde Boy in Witheringspoonhampton where our correspondent will be found angrily muttering "And don't get me started on Timothy bloody Dalton" into his foaming flagon of Thruppleton's light and mild].
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Airwolf,

You know the vehicle in your picture is parked on Barham right off the 101 freeway across from Universal Studios?  It is in a prop parking lot.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/landmaster2.jpg

www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/19/top_movie_film/

Bond's Lotus Esprit voted top movie car

By Lester Haines
Published Friday 19th August 2005 14:42 GMT

The subaquatic Lotus Esprit which completely outacted Roger Moore in the 1977 James Bond outing The Spy Who Loved Me has been voted the most memorable car in film history in a poll by UK DVD rental outfit Lovefilm.

The souped-up DeLorean from Back to the Future came second, followed by Starsky and Hutch's Ford Torino, VW Beetle Herbie and the Batmobile trailing along in fifth.

The rest of the top ten comprised vehicles from Bullitt, The Blues Brothers, Grease, Ghostbusters and Thelma & Louise, but since from these we can only vividly recall the Ghostbusters' wheels and sort of vaguely remember what good old Bullitt was driving (no emails please), we assume that there simply aren't that many memorable movie cars to go round these days.

After all, where are Christine, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Genevieve? For that matter, what about the plethora of motorised talent in Mad Max; or Sean Connery's Aston Martin DB5 in Goldfinger, eh? I tell you what, though, Sean Connery was by far the best Bond. God alone knows what they were thinking when they cast Roger... [Editorial note: As ever, readers can catch the rest of this insight into where the Bond franchise went wrong in the snug of Ye Olde Boy in Witheringspoonhampton where our correspondent will be found angrily muttering "And don't get me started on Timothy bloody Dalton" into his foaming flagon of Thruppleton's light and mild].

Holy crap, that brings back memories. Saw that one at a drive in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/landmaster2.jpg

I so remember that movie... Damn bugs.  LOL!!!  Gonna have to go find it now..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top