Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:34:34 AM EDT
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."

-- Thomas Jefferson (letter to George Washington, 19 June 1796)

Reference: The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Library of Congress, Mansucript Division, Microfilm Roll #51
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I was expecting a George Jefferson quote.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
He'd say we're all fucked.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

Reference: The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Library of Congress, Mansucript Division, Microfilm Roll #51

He'd simply say this:

"You bunch of selfish, money grubbing assholes are all gonna get what you deserve. Don't blame me or my pals, we did everything we could for you, but you chose to dedicate your lives to sports, NASCAR, fishing, booze, broards and any other useless pastimes rather than working to ensure your personal liberty for you and your children forever and forever. Have fun in Hell you reprobates!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was expecting a George Jefferson quote.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#5]
TJ would probably be dead or in jail for trying to foment a revolution to restore the constitution.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

He'd simply say this:

"You bunch of selfish, money grubbing assholes are all gonna get what you deserve. Don't blame me or my pals, we did everything we could for you, but you chose to dedicate your lives to sports, NASCAR, fishing, booze, broards and any other useless pastimes rather than working to ensure your personal liberty for you and your children forever and forever. Have fun in Hell you reprobates!"

You know, I think you are right.        He is probably spinning in his grave.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

Is this the same Thomas Jefferson who never once shouldered a musket in the struggle for independence?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

Is this the same Thomas Jefferson who never once shouldered a musket in the struggle for independence?

Or maybe it's the same Jefferson that supposedly wasn't on the same page as everyone else when it came to god and country and yet HE STILL went along with it all.

That's says alot about his character to me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

The one that wrote The Declaration of Independence?????
The man that put (quill) pen to hemp paper???
Yeah, I think it's that that Thomas Jefferson.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#12]
anyone see that Family Guy with the statue of Jefferson, and his 15 black kids?

all the founding fathers and framers of the Constitution are undoubtedly pissed off right now at what America has become
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#13]
None of your congressmen are shouldering arms in the war on terror.  I guess they're all just weak-kneed pansies.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
None of your congressmen are shouldering arms in the war on terror.  I guess they're all just weak-kneed pansies.  

The later part of that stament is true. But I'm not sure it's connected to the first part.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#15]

"I very early thought it would be best to effect a peace through the medium of war... I should prefer the obtaining it by war."
~ Thomas Jefferson,
1786 referring to how the United States should deal with the Muslim pirates of the Barbary States.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Wow.... yer smart and stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Federalist Patriot
Founders' Quote Daily

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top