Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 10:45:04 PM EDT
When you die that is ?

I know that most here will have children or other family
that want them , but what about those who don't .
Or those that live in a state that restricts the transfer
of some weapons .

For me . Both my kids like to shoot , but neither
has a passion for it . I've told them both to keep
the ones they want and sell the rest , but here
in NY you can't own a handgun without a permit
and neither one of them is old enough to get one yet .

Now I don't plan on dying anytime soon , but hey .
Ya never know .....

So as it stands now . The handguns will go to a dealer  
I trust on consignment .  It's not really how I want it to
go down , but that's the way it is .

So it got me to wondering how others plan to handle it ?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont care, if I am dead my family can do whatever they want with them.(no kids so mom, dad and brother)  They wouldnt have a clue how to use them and would probably just sell them.  My brother might keep a few but he doesnt have a big interest in guns.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My Best friend has the key and the combo to my safe, He knows which rifles my daughter gets.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
All go to my daughter, I already have a "gun will", complete with info on the rifles, care and upkeep and if need be, how to sell them should the need arise.

I'm going to be buried with one of them tho, in case I rise from the dead and become a zombie. I don't want to die by the hand of some guy I'm trying to munch on, without at least being able to shoot back.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All go to my daughter, I already have a "gun will", complete with info on the rifles, care and upkeep and if need be, how to sell them should the need arise.

I'm going to be buried with one of them tho, in case I rise from the dead and become a zombie. I don't want to die by the hand of some guy I'm trying to munch on, without at least being able to shoot back.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good Idea !

Ok that takes care of one
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna bury them in a super secret place and make a map to their location.

The map will be in code and require a key to decipher it. Then I'm gonna hide the map.

Then I'm gonna make a final arfcom post with ultra cryptic clues to the maps location and the key to the map.

I will die content knowing I have driven a good portion of this board fucking nuts one last time.

Did I mention I was gonna pull the bolts on all the guns and hide them in a alternate location complete with it's own map and key?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#8]
In the immortal words of Thurston Howell III...  "If I can't take it(them) with me, then I won't go!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm gonna be buried with them, along with about 100 pounds of C-4 rigged to the coffin lid. Someday, I'm gonna make some archeologist(sp) pay for being a grave robber.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Mama put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That cold black cloud is comin' down
Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The map will be in code and require a key to decipher it. Then I'm gonna hide the map.

Then I'm gonna make a final arfcom post with ultra cryptic clues to the maps location and the key to the map.

I will die content knowing I have driven a good portion of this board fucking nuts one last time.

Did I mention I was gonna pull the bolts on all the guns and hide them in a alternate location complete with it's own map and key?

That sounds like a lot of fun.
I suspect ARFCOM will be long gone by that time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys have some great ideas. I like the idea of burying them and make a treasure map. How long will PVC tubes last?

I might bury some of the curios still in cosmoline right now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#13]
you mean after I get 'em off the bottom of the lake?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I plan to pick a few individual items out for my neices & nephews - as they get older & start shooting (they're all very young right now), I'll take note of which of my collection they take a particular interest in when they visit so I can leave them something that will mean something special to them.

The rest will go to my child/children.  I only have one child now, so as it is everything will go to him - but we hope to have at least one more, and if that happens it will get split according to their personal interests.  If I should be blessed to live long enough to have grandchildren ("iffy" at my age), I'll skip the children and go directly to them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Are you going to post the directions in General Discussion or the Team Forum?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Buried with one pistol, rest go to my immediate family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you going to post the directions in General Discussion or the Team Forum?

Both, Team Forum gets an extra clue.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Fortunately, SBK is a shooter, and he is already taking inventory..

I'd hate to see m y most treasured possessions get sold off.  I once saw some stupid kid sell a MINT Broomhandle Red 9 with shoulder stock to some ass hole of a gunshop owner for $200.   I'd bury them, and leave them hidden for eternity before I'd willingly let that happen, sell them cheap for gas money..

Ops
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It better be stainless or plastic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Fortunately, SBK is a shooter, and he is already taking inventory..

I'd hate to see m y most treasured possessions get sold off.  I once saw some stupid kid sell a MINT Broomhandle Red 9 with shoulder stock to some ass hole of a gunshop owner for $200.   I'd bury them, and leave them hidden for eternity before I'd willingly let that happen, sell them cheap for gas money..

Ops

If the kid didn't appriciate it, he deserved to lose it.  

I am just a kid compared to most of you myself.  I don't have a plan.  Though, I think that these guns are mortal possessions.  When I am dead, my precious Hot Rods, my guns, my land, my "Stuff" really dosen't mattter.  Having a good family, and being able to say to God that I fought the good fight is what I hope to die with.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#21]

If arfcom is still around (and I still own my guns when I'm old and insane), I'd be willing to will them to arfcom so they could be raffled off or something.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#22]
<sniff>

I don't...

<sniff>

have any guns...

<sniff>

any more.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If arfcom is still around (and I still own my guns when I'm old and insane), I'd be willing to will them to arfcom so they could be raffled off or something.

Swweeeeet!  Raffle at ARFCOM next year!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Swweeeeet!  Raffle at ARFCOM next year!!!

Damn!

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#25]
To my wife and children.
Of that group, those who dont want guns will get skipped and those who do will get extras.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#26]
chrome1,
If you are worried about your family losing a personal
sidearm because of New Dork's gun laws,you
should have it set up so they go to someone in
Pennsylvania.

Make a friend in PA ,or have it set up with someone,
so your family won't lose your pistols because your
kids aren't old enough for the permit.

When they are old enough,the pistols could be given back.

Oh ,I'm being burried with one of my hand-out rifles.

You know ,in case I need something for the afterlife.

The rest will be passed to my children or others
in the family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
chrome1,
If you are worried about your family losing a personal
sidearm because of New Dork's gun laws,you
should have it set up so they go to someone in
Pennsylvania.

I'm not really worried about it , and sending them to someone
else does not solve the problem since you cant own a
handgun in NY without a permit .

The issue is if one or both of my children want to go through
the hassle of getting a permit when they turn 21 .  It really
isn't that hard to get one , and the county I live in is one of
the few Shall Issue counties in NY that issues unrestricted permits
to everyone that applies .

If they decide that they don't want or need a permit , then
turing the gun's over to an FFL for sale would be their best option .
Turning them over to a friend would do no good .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top