Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 8:36:36 PM EDT
I ordered some blemish Bates DOD boots from SG, and when I got them I noticed they have the Marine symbol on the heel, where it's visible even if worn with long pants. Didn't know these had the logo, fwiw.

I recall hearing Marines bemoan the fact that civys wear stuff with their symbol on it, as if this is a faux pax or a poser thing to do.

I didn't order the boots to play Jarhead, but then I don't want some guy in the checkout line to box me in the ears for being a douche when I mean no disrespect by wearing the symbol of the Marines.

Should scrub the logo off or just wear the damn things and don't worry about it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a Marine, but if you paid for them, then I saw wear then.

Who cares what anyone else thinks.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I would NEVER wear any jarhead anything.

Army only.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Army only.

Hate jarheads? Or is this like how some girls just won't wear floral prints?

Confused. Splain plz.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Army only.

That like some sort of deformity?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'de wear it regardless, as long as you don't pretend to have served in the Marines I wouldn't see a problem with it.

edit: I'm not a Marine though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
was almost a marine until i got kicked out of bootcamp (broken back). i hate those damn boots, i dont see why you'd buy them, but just wear them. they arent that noticable, they looks fine as long as you dont screw up the swade. i'd love a pair like them now if i didnt hate the swade and the fit.

doesnt matter to me, wear them, just dont play tactical range nerd in them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Soon to be a former Corporal in the Marines here...  I'd say wear them.  Just follow SirDrinksAlot's advice and don't be a poser if someone asks.

Smalls
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Army only.

Hate jarheads? Or is this like how some girls just won't wear floral prints?

Confused. Splain plz.

He is not man enough.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Wear them. I still wear mine occaisionally, and I don't think anyone has ever noticed.

Anyway, there is a big difference in wearing the cammies and wearing the boots. Just don't lie about why you have them.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:58:44 AM EDT
[#11]
As a former Corporal myself, I say wear them. You paid for them. You don't seem like to type to be a poser.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:00:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Army only.

Right, like they haven't contributed to our freedom like every other branch of the military
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#13]
As a Marine, I would say this:

Wear them.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#14]
We're organizing an expeditionary brigade to come over and kick your ass for wearing our emblem.
(Kidding, don't lose any sleep over it.)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Soon to be a former Corporal in the Marines here...  I'd say wear them.  Just follow SirDrinksAlot's advice and don't be a poser if someone asks.

Just tell 'em you were in the Air Force.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#16]
as a Marine. i say wear them. you bought them. we dont mind,its your feet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top