Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:38:44 PM EDT
I have had toenail fungas for about 3 yrs, & the medicine is about $300. Every time I have the money I reason out that I could get a gun instead, & then do. I have things I should repair, & gun projects I want to do that I keep skipping in order to by a different gun. I'm so sick in a good way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you would just piss on your feet you could of had a full auto by now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Major dental repairs were put off in favor of my first EBR.

Whadda ya know, in true ARFCOM fashion, somehow I got both.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Apparently you "naglected" to spend the $$$ on a dictionary.

Me? I neglected buying a gun to get my "spelling and grammar nazi "certification.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I tried, it didn't work, now what?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Car insurance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried, it didn't work, now what?

I'm sure we can all come buy and piss on 'em for ya.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Too many things to name.

I've also neglected my mop for about 3 weeks so I can go shooting every Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Apparently you "naglected" to spend the $$$ on a dictionary.

Me? I neglected buying a gun to get my "spelling and grammar nazi "certification.

It sounde like I spelled it right. Actually my spelling has gotten much weller since I started posting on Arfcom. Scary huh?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Most of my money goes to guns, if I have any left, I buy food.

I wonder if I could trade in my Ford pickup for a MP-5? Lately the MP-5 is cheaper to run.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Cars in general. Ever since I went back to driving old POS cars, I've had plenty of money for toys!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Allimony, child support, mortgage payments, and state and federal taxes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife.

Decent yardwork equipment.
Occasionally, food and beer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Wow! your terminal!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My wife.

So then,...what do you drink while your shooting!?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I used side walk money to buy the SEBR on order.  My house is 3yrs old & still no side walks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been meaning to buy a small used Bass Tracker jon boat for years, but everytime I save up a couple of thousand in my boat fund I manage to find something else firearms related that I have to have. Boats are money pits anyway

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I used side walk money to buy the SEBR on order.  My house is 3yrs old & still no side walks.

It's amazing what you can do without as long as there are guns we need to have.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife.

I work 2 jobs. I am always either just gettign off and going to sleep or getting up to go in. No time for alcohol usually. Takes a special occasion, like the rare day off to get me to drink.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife.

I work 2 jobs. I am always either just gettign off and going to sleep or getting up to go in. No time for alcohol usually. Takes a special occasion, like the rare day off to get me to drink.

Remember V.G. beer is not just for breakfast anymore!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, this weekend I'll be neglecting that 20" Apple Cinema display for a USP.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife.

Remember V.G. beer is not just for breakfast anymore!

Ironically, that's when I wind up doing most of my drinking.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I so hope this is a joke!  

No kids, no ex or current wives, no house, and I don't make enough to warrant paying taxes, I get all income tax back except for FICA.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#24]

I spent $ 11K helping my fiancee do some work to her house.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Bedroom furniture
Home stereo system
Bigass screen tv
Bigass boobies for my girlfriend
Lipo on her rice and beans fed ass (just kidding, she's got a great J Lo bootay)
Rims for my car
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#26]
umm....well i'm buying the 2005 SEBR instead of a 21" flatscreen lcd monitor for my computer to replace my current 21" old-style monitor that weighs 73lbs and takes up most of my desk

(dads work was selling them a few years ago... we picked up 5

i have the extra one awaiting the arrival of my computer at home when on breaks from school.

i actually have a 3'x7' board to use as my desk over my school-issue desk and 3drawer dresser to allow enough room to also do homework...

so, ask me in december and you'll have your past-tense answer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I have not bought new glasses for about 4 years
these are getting a little scratched i should replace um but I have been bit by the suppressor bug
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#28]
AMMO
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#29]
had money saved up for a riding lawnmower.....  had to buy that port g3 and build a bushy M4gery with bells and whistles.  i mow almost 2 acres with a push mower.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

So  Uh  . Hows  the Pony  car?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#31]
food and gas.... got anything to eat?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Everything.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:48:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

you talking about one that cuts through your yard by the street so people can walk in your front yard?
Don't get a sidewalk.  If I had a sidewalk it would irk me to no end.   I'd feel like people are tresspassing even though legally they're not.  You'll have to look both ways when you back out of the driveway so you dont run over some rugrat on a tricycle.  Dog walkers will now have your yard more easily available to shit on.  You lose access to part of your yard.   If you park you car so it blocks the path of the sidewalk you'll get keyed or tires slashed for blocking some old bitty's path.  And on and on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:52:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Nothing. To the best of my knowledge I haven't neglected any other bills or needs to buy a gun.

Usually, I like to buy one firearm per year. Still saving for this year's purchase.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:55:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Nothing. To the best of my knowledge I haven't neglected any other bills or needs to buy a gun.

Usually, I like to buy one firearm per year. Still saving for this year's purchase.

That is what I try to stay at.  One gun a year........only 10 more months to go.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#36]
That could be the reason I was evicted and the car reposessed. I haven't really figured out why those 2 events occured.    
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#37]
My car could use a little maintainence.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Nothing serious.  I pay all my bills and spend the remainder on guns, ammo, accessories, food and gas.

I don't have any terribly stylish clothes, nice rims on my vehicle, or a good sound system, or any of the other stuff that is popular with people my age.

Also, I don't have a family to feed and clothe, so my salary goes entirely to me.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#39]
College education and a car...............
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

That's a load of crap.

Yer kids are runnin' around nekkid so you can feed yer ammo addiction.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:54:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

HUH...?!!!

As an FFL----- "Three a month is all we ask"!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#42]
A door for my truck....The old one had the hinges bust, I just climb in and out of the passenger side.... I have been doing this for about 2 years, but I keep buying other stuff.

A rear window for same truck...Although I am not sure of the savings...I spend a lot on duct tape in the rainy season, since they don't put wipers on the inside of the windsheild.

A driveway....The dirt is getting pretty rutted and I keep meaing to get some stone, however, it has been so dry here this summer I have just been driving across the yard.

I could go on for hours, but other addicts would understand, and if you aren't, I doubt you will.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So  Uh  . Hows  the Pony  car?

Heh - yeah 11 grand would have fixed it up.  

But then again, putting 11 grand into improving the value of our house in Nashville is certainly a better use than putting it into the 'ol rustbucket, and probably never getting it back.

I actually have no idea how the car is - it's been at a body shop for about 8 months now, and I haven't talked to the guy in almost six.  I really should call him (but I know when I do, I'll end up writing another check )
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Computer.  Still surf the net on a 1998 IBM 300 mHz Pentium II w/a 4.0 GB HD.  It's the biggest POS, but it still works!  Haven't played a computer game (on my computer) since 1999.

I blame the 20 in no ban Bushy, the m1a, the HK tactical, and Garands 1 (SA) and 2 (IHC).  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I came *very* close to not making my mortgage on time (but before it's reported late) this month to buy a .45.  Then I came to my senses.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I came *very* close to not making my mortgage on time (but before it's reported late) this month to buy a .45.  Then I came to my senses.  

So you bought the .45 then, right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:13:36 AM EDT
[#47]
When I was a kid I would take a 2 week paycheck & use most of it to buy a gun or put a sizeable chunk down on a gun & then buy a bunch of mack & cheese to live off of till next payday. I knew that my starving a little for a couple of weeks was doable, & when it was done I had a gun I could keep forever as my reward.

I wish I still had those guns. Stolen,sold,traded, or given away. Youth is truly wasted on the young.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
When I was a kid I would take a 2 week paycheck & use most of it to buy a gun or put a sizeable chunk down on a gun & then buy a bunch of mack & cheese to live off of till next payday. I knew that my starving a little for a couple of weeks was doable, & when it was done I had a gun I could keep forever as my reward.

I wish I still had those guns. Stolen,sold,traded, or given away. Youth is truly wasted on the young.

So how old were you when you were living on your own, and buying guns with the grocery $$$ ?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Funny me reading this now. I`d say alot, I had a 90Ford Bronco2 where the AC and 4WD didn`t work. I wear clothes that don`t look that nice.

I love my guns, bt its nice havin a car with AC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

The wife  but then I got her a couple so does that count?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top