Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 11:10:09 AM EDT
It's a few weeks old so probably not worth joining in on the discussion.

forums.putfile.com/viewtopic.php?t=947
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
amusing does not do it justice - more like assinine - i couldn't get past page 2 due to the idiocy of some of those folks - i couldn't help but think "junior high school."
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
These dipshits will vote one day

if they can ever qhit playing Halo online on their X-box
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate having to read the postings of 14-year old idiots who cannot spell or know a lick about law, life or crime.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I really hate people making what they think is an informed commentary on a issue that demands serious consideration when they don't know a fucking thing about the the issue at hand.

Immediate example...

i dont think its a problem yet, but people shouldnt be allowed to buy certain weapons such as Nade launchers and big @55 fully auto machine guns. Snipers shouldnt be sold eaither.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Amusing  is not the right word.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I really hate people making what they think is an informed commentary on a issue that demands serious consideration when they don't know a fucking thing about the the issue at hand.

Immediate example...

i dont think its a problem yet, but people shouldnt be allowed to buy certain weapons such as Nade launchers and big @55 fully auto machine guns. Snipers shouldnt be sold eaither.

I believe what he is trying to say in that sentance is: "I am a dildo, I am a dildo, I am a dildo, I am a dildo.  I am the future of this country, I am the future of this country, I am the future of this country."
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Immediate example...

I believe what he is trying to say in that sentance is: "I am a dildo, I am a dildo, I am a dildo, I am a dildo.  I am the future of this country, I am the future of this country, I am the future of this country."

"Snipers" shouldn't be sold eh? Pity...I was going to buy myself a Marine Scout Sniper...He even comes with his own ghille suit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Immediate example...

"Snipers" shouldn't be sold eh? Pity...I was going to buy myself a Marine Scout Sniper...He even comes with his own ghille suit.

Careful, Sgtar15 has a bunch of them, really small though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Immediate example...

Nad launchers, sounds painful.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Immediate example...

Careful, Sgtar15 has a bunch of them, really small though.

hehehe. I have a 1/6 scale one. Like to call it my "twelve inch sniper"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]
"Amusing"? I'm pretty sure "pathetic" is a more accurate description.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Immediate example...

Funny, because in his little circle of like minded firends, he's trying to be reasonable.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Those people are why I hate kids my age. A better quote would be Guns don't kill people, A pissed off Ender_Wiggin with his sword does. If kids merely read one of the following books or learnd about one of the following historical events they would be less retarded.

Books:
Unintended Consiquences
The Probablity Broach

Events:
Ruby Ridge
Wako
Warsaw
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION

Knowledge of any one of those things would make me only dislike kids my age.

note: What's wrong with X-box or Halo?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Amusing  is not the right word.  

I wasn't certain how to describe it actually. It was amusing in an odd sort of WTF way... as in being exceedingly stupid.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Following is one of the arguments that really pisses me off.

G-Sus

O, ok, well im from canada so I didn't know some of that. The right to bare arms in my opinion is a bunch of bull shit. In modern times, we are much more civilized. We don't need weapons to slove problems.

Such a statement is intellectually bankrupt.  You've got to be a completely socially cacooned westerner to make such a statement.  The world is NOT more civilized today than it ever has been.  The only differance between the barbarian of the first century and mankind today is that we have more advanced technology.  Mankind is the same today as we were during Roman times.  Many of us have had the benefit of growing up in a reasonably safe environment here in the West, but it has sadly sheilded us from reality.  Anybody who has spent any time off the "safe" continents will understand just how frighteningly dangerous this world really is.  To survive in it you need to have the will to commit violence in defense of yourself and that which you care about.

I fear for our future.  

EDIT: Dangit.  Doing that whole preaching to the converted shit again.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
tagged for later review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top