Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2005 11:06:49 AM EDT
Looks like diversity is a one way street

Asian Vigilantes
by Barnie Choudhury
16 Aug 2005
www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/archive/politics/oldham1.shtml
An investigation for Today has found disturbing evidence that Asian youths in parts of Oldham are trying to create no go areas for white people.

Last year the police investigated record levels of racist attacks in Oldham.Of the 572 cases, 60% turned out to be white victims.
Pakistanis make up the majority on the Glodwick estate just west of the town centre. Some youths speak the language of racial hatred. It's not clear whether this is bravado but their message is blunt... white people keep out.

Many openly admit to carrying out what they see as revenge attacks on white people as part of a tit-for-tat campaign.

One told us: "There are signs all around saying whites enter at your risk. It's a matter of revenge. It's about giving as good as you can take."

Another had a six-inch scar running across his head. He said he had been attacked by a white gang.

"I got slashed by some whites so that I'm totally racist. I don't like whites. It's like this now, we go to a white area and we get done over. It's like them coming here they get done over...it's for your own good."

This hardening in attitude is repeated across the town and has passed down to children as young as 10. Unlike their parents they will not tolerate being victims of racism.

Local white people are scared and many want to leave the estates but cannot.

"I was just walking with my dog around 10 at night and a group of Asian youths in their car, music blaring,threatening me like saying they'd kick me head in calling me white bastard, white scum. You're frightened," one person told me.

Many Asian youths say they take the law into their own hands because they have no confidence in the police.

The perception is that the police do not take racist attacks on Asian people as seriously as assualts on white residents.

Akbor Khan had his three front teeth smashed in a brutal attack by a white gang:

"I used to have a take away in Manchester. We used to get lots of people who used to order food but not pay for it. It used to take the police an hour to get there. We'd ring the police and they'd say we haven't got the manpower. But if it happened to white people they would be there in 10 minutes," he said.

Many Asian community leaders say the trouble is caused by a minority stoking up problems for the majority, who are law abiding residents.

They say they would happily support greater police action to clamp down on the trouble makers.

Greater Manchester Police deny the accusations levelled at them.

A special multi-agency task force has been set up in Oldham to tackle the growing number of racist attacks
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]

an old saying comes to mind, I don't know why...:

"Asian from the waist down"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Clearly the solution to this problem would be a White Pride Festival.

Some loud music, a little late-night beer binging, munching on some bangers and beans - shucks - the problem practically takes care of itself.

The ultimate cure for prejudice = more prejudice, right?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Best solution to this problem......deport them back to where they came from.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Not trying to be lockable, these fuckers have not a clue what real racism is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Coming from someone who is half Japanese, it kills me that they call those Pakastanis Asian.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Coming from someone who is half Japanese, it kills me that they call those Pakastanis Asian.

Last week they were calling the muslims "asians", I wonder if we are talking about a muslim neighborhood
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1.  

It's the medias coverup for the ROP.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Some loud music, a little late-night beer binging, munching on some bangers and beans - shucks - the problem practically takes care of itself.

The ultimate cure for prejudice = more prejudice, right?

Clearly the solution to this problem would be prosecution under the hate laws
unless "someone" is calling for a double standard
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope - I'm packing up my sandals and my khadi, making revervations for England right now.  Gonna sit in the middle of the street and meditate the hatin' away!

Seriously - sounds like they need to start enforcing the laws, feel-good, band-aid or otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last week they were calling the muslims "asians", I wonder if we are talking about a muslim neighborhood

Can one of the UK members tell us if this neighborhood is what WE would call "Asian"
(with Koreans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese........Orientals)
Or is it a muslim neighborhood?
last week they were protesting the profiling of "Asians"
isn't that is what you call m easterners(muslims) in the UK ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  

I've noticed the British media doing that a lot. The Middle East is part of Asia, so now they're calling arabs and muslims "asian" to keep from offending them or letting people know what assholes they can be.

If we could get rid of them AND the white power assholes, I'd be one happy dude.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  

I've noticed the British media doing that a lot. The Middle East is part of Asia, so now they're calling arabs and muslims "asian" to keep from offending them or letting people know what assholes they can be.

If we could get rid of them AND the white power assholes, I'd be one happy dude.

We could build a wall around NY or LA and incarcerate them all inside it
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  

Yah but that's disingenious.  It's like calling a Mexican an American.  I mean technically there from North America so you have a headline that read...."THOUSANDS OF ILLEGAL AMERICANS SNEAKING INTO AMERICA EVERY DAY". For the PC crowd it would totally mess up their vernacular.  Instead of Mexican-Americans, we'd have to say American-Americans.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can one of the UK members tell us if this neighborhood is what WE would call "Asian"
(with Koreans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese........Orientals)
Or is it a muslim neighborhood?
last week they were protesting the profiling of "Asians"
isn't that is what you call m easterners(muslims) in the UK ?

Hardcore MUSLIM neighbourhood…

Yes, easterners are caled 'asians' here as most are Pakistani/Indian from the Asian Sub-Continent.

Andy

Well, you can see from my above post what WE consider to be Asians

Soooooooo, a muslim neighborhood POSTING SIGNS threatening people based on their skin color
some might even call that PROFILING, beating and stabbing people because of racial indicators
some might even call those HATE CRIMES, reminds me of the tolerant liberals here in the US
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Please post if you see this story on any of the leftist liberal media
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Other than the BBC.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I think what is most interesting about the article is that it speaks in terms of ethnic-based hatred and not militant islamist based hatred.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Why is it always the white guys fault??????? Apparently personal responsibility does not exsist in society anymore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think what is most interesting about the article is that it speaks in terms of ethnic-based hatred and not militant islamist based hatred.

+1

You're never going to see this coming from Chinese/Japanese/Korean people, or even the Indians.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Well I'm Indian.  And India is part of Asia, so if you don't mind, I will continue to consider myself Asian thank you very much...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I'm Indian.  And India is part of Asia, so if you don't mind, I will continue to consider myself Asian thank you very much...

I had a good friend\co-worker from India
his family converted from islam to Christianity
about a hundred years ago, before they came to America
He would never be confused with an "Asian" around here
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Other than the BBC.

Yes, other than the leftist liberal BBC
I am just wondering if my posting of this story
is the only exposure this story will see in the US

and, maybe you didn't notice, they used the terms
racism, asian and white......... but not MUSLIM
(like here, when they say illegals are "immigrants")
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

OMG that is so funny!

England is sure marching towards a peaceful diverse multicultural paradise.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#27]
One of the staff in a local pub here got into a bit of a dispute with some people of Pacific Rim origin by referring to them as 'oriental'

Apparently this is something of a no-no in the US, but makes quite a handy distinction between those of the Far East of Asia, and anywhere else.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
One of the staff in a local pub here got into a bit of a dispute with some people of Pacific Rim origin by referring to them as 'oriental'

Apparently this is something of a no-no in the US, but makes quite a handy distinction between those of the Far East of Asia, and anywhere else.

NTM

I dated a Korean girl that explained it to me.  "Rugs are Oriental; people are Asian."

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NTM

I dated a Korean girl that explained it to me.  "Rugs are Oriental; people are Asian."

I had a Korean gf too back in the day. Ate kimchee and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Grossed me out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NTM

So, in America we now call them Asians, but in UK they call their "muslims" asian...........
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh my goodness!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'm just saying that that isn't a point of view necessarily shared by those of that neck of the woods all around the world.

Again, a case of words being deemed offensive instead of looking at the meaning behind them.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, feel free to call yourself whatever you want.  It's a free country.  I know a lot of people from India though (I live close to Little India in Artesia on Pioneer St, if you're Indian you'll probably know what I'm talking about) and there are zero that would refer to themselves as Asian.  It might be becasue there is a huge population of Chinese and Koreans around here.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1
Me too.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#35]
It kills me that the muslims are documenting their hate, racism and disrespect for the law and it is not being reported
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Koreans are Asian

Pakistani's are not. They are Middle Eastern.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just saying that that isn't a point of view necessarily shared by those of that neck of the woods all around the world.

Again, a case of words being deemed offensive instead of looking at the meaning behind them.

NTM

The Orientals score the highest in intelligence testing

I was talking about pc speak to a cute Asian lady last year, she said we don't care what you call us
(probably can't write her list of names\slurs without being locked......n!p, @h!n&, ect)
we just keep studying hard, working hard, buying businesses and laughing all the way to the bank
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Koreans are Asian

Pakistani's are not. They are Middle Eastern.

Learn geography, Urchin.
Where the hell do you see Pakistan on the map?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I worked with a pakistani, he was a lying no good lowlife thief and muslim
calling m easterners "Asian" is like calling illegals "immigrants"
it is misleading at best..............

this particular country is considered part of the m east
but, they are asian like russians and europeans are asian NOT

www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/as.htm
Middle East: Countries considered part of the Middle East are shown in a lighter shade of green,
and their names are indicated in red. They are all still part of the continent of Asia.
Taiwan is still considered by China to be its 23rd province, and not an independent country.
Very few other country governments accept China's claims of sovereignty over Taiwan.
(pakistan is in red)
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Do we need to have Sarge bring back clean_cut to solve this for you guys?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Do we need to have Sarge bring back clean_cut to solve this for you guys?

Clean_Nut is probably here...........
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#42]
they use the N-word on those from India, go figure
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#43]
They need to call them what they are.  It is Muslim, not asians.  PC BS that they are trying to keep the liberal left happy.  If they said China Town in England that would be different.  But since the neighborhood is actually Muslim then call it Muslim

Max
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#44]
HMMMMM

Another reason to stockpile ammo and weapons
Let that happen in the states.

Pack the will some ammo and one ar and one 45 acp

Drive thru area minding own business, wait until they theaten me,

open up with ar

All done

Would only kill those who threatened my life so I woulndt go to jail
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1

Apparently they now consider themselves Asian and thus make up the majorities in universities, screwing the real Asians out of financial aid and what not due to "Asians" being a university majority.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Unfortunately for those who wish to retain the 'asian' title solely for themselves, the fact remains that Asia is a huge continent which is home to seveal peoples.

For an official US government point of view, the CIA factbook online lists Pakistan as 'Asia' and Iran as 'Middle East'

PC is going to murder this country...

NTM
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks like the British police can finally get some trigger time with those 'purty MP5 they're carrying after the London bombings.  Go into those neighborhoods with body armor and submachine guns for a Fallujah-style "clean sweep".
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Apparently they now consider themselves Asian and thus make up the majorities in universities, screwing the real Asians out of financial aid and what not due to "Asians" being a university majority.

With the m easterners calling themselves asians
Asians will soon drop off the top of the IQ scale
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted: With the m easterners calling themselves asians Asians will soon drop off the top of the IQ scale
The law of unintended consequences strikes again!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top