Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:38:11 AM EDT
Now, I'm used to lizards. I'm even used to the rather large ones that thrive in my yard. I prefer them to any instect.

But I just wasn't ready for THIS guy when I went out to get my mail.

About the size of an Iguana or a baby Alligator but obviously not either.

This is the largest lizard I have ever seen.

Is some assclown breeding raptors?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
What did it taste like?

Hey Mo!  It's a tarantula!  Nyuk!  Nyuk!  Nyuk!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Whatever it is, it looks like a baby whatever
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
draw down
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yup

here is an adult

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You noticed that too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a Cuban Night Anole, they sell them at the Petco down here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, they're cute when they are babies but then they grow up to be a 5 ft. chicken with wings for its ears that hocks poisonous oysters in your eye and then eats you alive. Stomp it QUICK!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Awwwwww!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Lizard joke for the day...

A monkey is sitting in a tree, smoking a joint, when a gecko lizard walks past. The lizard looks up and says to the monkey "Hey! what are you doing?"

The monkey says "Smoking a joint, come up and join me, my cold-blooded friend." So the lizard climbs up and sits next to the monkey and they have some joints. After a while the lizard says his mouth is 'dry', and that he's going to get a drink from the river. At the riverbank, the lizard is so stoned that he leans too far over and falls in. A Crocodile sees this and swims over to the stoned lizard, helping him to the side.

The croc asks the lizard, "What's the matter with you?!" The lizard tells the crocodile that he was sitting in the tree, smoking a joint with his new monkey friend. Then he explained how his mouth got dry, and that he was so wasted that, when he went to get a drink from the river, he fell in!

The inquisitive crocodile says he has to check this out. He walks into the jungle and finds the tree where the monkey is sitting, finishing a joint.
The croc looks up and says "Hey, MONKEY!"

The Monkey looks down and says "FU-U-U-U-UCK, DUDE....... how much water did you DRINK?"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
"And I will hold him and hug him and kiss him and call him George".

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Did you ask him if he could help you save money on your insurance?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Put in on the EE  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Now, I'm used to lizards. I'm even used to the rather large ones that thrive in my yard. I prefer them to any instect.

But I just wasn't ready for THIS guy when I went out to get my mail.

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/P1003013.jpg

About the size of an Iguana or a baby Alligator but obviously not either.

This is the largest lizard I have ever seen.

Is some assclown breeding raptors?

Cuban anole. You are in Florida?

They get big and their faces turn black when you piss em off. I have Basilisks and Cuban Anoles all over my neighborhood.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I give that comeback four dancing bananas. ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Keep it as a pet.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Keep it as a pet.

You better tell him to get his ass back to Geico....their premiums are too high!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Cuban anole. You are in Florida?

Double Ding!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Remington 870 with 00 buck will handle that critter.

Or a machette.

I'm a cold-stater.  If I saw that in my yard, I'd dispatch it with impunity.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#19]
The largest Iguana I ever saw was in Miami.  It was just hanging on the side of a tree, the thing must have been better than 6 feet long from head to tail.  It was huge and had a bad temper.  Scared the crap out of me.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Just dont leave a door open...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The largest Iguana I ever saw was in Miami.  It was just hanging on the side of a tree, the thing must have been better than 6 feet long from head to tail.  It was huge and had a bad temper.  Scared the crap out of me.  

6 foot ?!?

See that is large enought to challenge my position in the food chain. It might have to die.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dayum...that's funny!

Warner Brother's cartoon for certain.

Elaborate, please?

Can't recall at this moment. "Brain Fart" if you will.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

here is an adult

www.artdinouveau.com/feathered/velociraptor-mongoliensis1.jpg

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

here is an adult

www.artdinouveau.com/feathered/velociraptor-mongoliensis1.jpg

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It had a bad temper?  Cavu...Iguanas are vegetarians.  They don't get bad tempers.
They're about the meekest, mildest, reptile on earth.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It had a bad temper?  Cavu...Iguanas are vegetarians.  They don't get bad tempers.

Maybe nice and sweet in captivity but certainly not in the wild. Every Iguana I came across in the wild was pretty tough and fiesty. I caught a 5 footer in my neighbors yard and it actually came at me. It was extremely aggresive. Oh an I have seen them eat birds and mice and dragonflies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

6 foot ?!?

See that is large enought to challenge my position in the food chain. It might have to die.

I've got a 6 footer that I see frequently a few canals over when out in the canoe. First time I saw him in the water swimming, I thought it was a gator.
The largest I've ever seen on my dock was about 4ft.

echo6
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

6 foot ?!?

I've got a 6 footer that I see frequently a few canals over when out in the canoe. First time I saw him in the water swimming, I thought it was a gator.
The largest I've ever seen on my dock was about 4ft.

echo6

We have some in the canal behind my house. I thought they were otters at first because their heads were so huge. I love watching them hunt along the canal banks looking for rats and bugs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dayum...that's funny!

Elaborate, please?

IIRC, said by a space alien that captured Bugs Bunny and intended to keep him for a pet....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if you feed them meat.  Iguanas fed a veggie diet have very different temperments then the meat eaters.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dayum...that's funny!

Elaborate, please?

IIRC, said by a space alien that captured Bugs Bunny and intended to keep him for a pet....

Naw man, it was the Abonible (sp?) Snowman that caught Bugs and wanted to keep him as a pet. Then he caught Daffy and tried the same thing on him. It was taken from "Of Mice and Men".
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dayum...that's funny!

Elaborate, please?

Looney Toons--Hugo the Abomani Abodibable Abumblebeetuna Abominable Snowman who finds Bugs and Daffy and wants to keep them as pets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#33]
how bout you open the door and this is waiting for a handout (dont put your hand out btw)..

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#34]
No kidding. South Florida is something else.

I remember a three-foot iguana falling out of a tree about two feet to my right one day in Miami Lakes. Scared the hell out of me. No big deal, really, but when you hear a big WHUMP right next to you and you look down to see a rather bewildered bright-green lizard staring back at you, you tend to jump for a second.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
how bout you open the door and this is waiting for a handout (dont put your hand out btw)..

Turtle soup, for sure.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Fatten him up a little and have a BBQ!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Fatten him up a little and have a BBQ!

BigDozer66

Damnit!!!
Now I've gotta go find my Wall of Voodoo cd.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#39]
OK -

This critter wasn't in my back yard, I found him on the way to a shoot but still - it's a good pic of a Collard Lizard.
this guy was about ten inches long and three inches tall: (I've posted this pic here before...)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone in SoCal want three adult Pakistani Leopard Geckos, with 25 Gal' setup? Good health, for adults only. Free. Come and get 'em.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Pfffffttt! Scrawny little critter. These guys hang out in my back yard...the first one is almost 5' from head to tail. Second one is his mate.....and the damn things just had a kid!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top