Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2005 12:11:33 PM EDT
im thinking of getting a new truck so i called to get a quote.  while on the phone with them they asked if frtloop
has received her driver's license.  she had a permit on record with geico before this.

i said she got it 2 months ago so they put all the info in and then the numbers came back.

man was i pissed.  now, im already paying around $2000 for 2 cars with both of us on it.  

so now that they put her license on there instead of a permit it jumps up another $800.

can you belive im paying $2800 every 6 months on 2 honda civics...ridiculous.

and the weird thing is that if i get the truck im looking at it will lower the insurance to about $2700.

somehow a 2005 truck is better than a 2005 civic...go figure.

so now that im paying about an extra $200 on insurance a month there goes the money for the extra truck payments...FUCK
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
im thinking of getting a new truck so i called to get a quote.  while on the phone with them they asked if frtloop
has received her driver's license.  she had a permit on record with geico before this.

i said she got it 2 months ago so they put all the info in and then the numbers came back.

man was i pissed.  now, im already paying around $2000 for 2 cars with both of us on it.  

so now that they put her license on there instead of a permit it jumps up another $800.

and the weird thing is that if i get the truck im looking at it will lower the insurance to about $2700.

somehow a 2005 truck is better than a 2005 civic...go figure.

so now that im paying about an extra $200 on insurance a month there goes the money for the extra truck payments...FUCK

Check Triple A's website-they have car insurance and they saved my dad a bundle.

Too bad Greywolf2112 doesn't sell insurance anymore
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Your paying $466 a month for 2 cars!

Dude shop around or something,Do you have some terrible driving record or something?Thats insane.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
ETA-www.csaa.com/insurance/subsection/0,1191,1005010000,00.html

What kind of truck are you thinking of getting?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Friutloops is a new driver, what did you expect?

Do you have any tickets?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I checked with them once, and their quote was over twice what I was already paying.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
ive been shopping around off and on for about the past year.

ive talked to progressive, state farm, allstate, i gave greywolf a call when he was selling insurance, USAA, and several other agencies i find online.

im a 22 yr old male with 2 wreck(neither my fault but they dont agree with me ) and frtloop is 20 with a 2 month old driver's license.

everyone i talk to tells me that this coming february my insurance will drop quite a bit because the huge wreck (totalled out my 04 protege) and caused over 20K worth of damage total and i got a "wreckless driving: going to fast for conditions" ticket.  so hopefully it will go down.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Get one of these:
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

WOW!

'bout seven times what the wife and I pay for our 2 cars!

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Even when I was in Dallas county... State Farm only charged me like $60 a month for GOOD liability coverage for my Dodge...

$466 a MONTH

Maybe instead of being a nanny, frtloop should start selling insurance???
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#10]
The Civic is also on the top ten most stolen cars list or something like that.

I wonder if you could get an NRA discount?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Even when I was in Dallas county... State Farm only charged me like $60 a month for GOOD liability coverage for my Dodge...

$466 a MONTH

Maybe instead of being a nanny, frtloop should start selling insurance???

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

im a 22 yr old male with 2 wreck(neither my fault but they dont agree with me ) and frtloop is 20 with a 2 month old driver's license.

Your insurance ain't going down till you are at least 25.  Your insurance is high for a reason.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your insurance ain't going down till you are at least 25.  Your insurance is high for a reason.

Sgat1r5

thats what they tell me
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

for being born with a penis?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Blame it on NASA
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

since young males are the highest risk of accidents then yes, being born with a penis is the reason.

It's not discrimination, it is costs averaging based on factual evidence.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Raise your deductible to 1000 each vehicle that should help,
do you have to carry full coverage?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

since young males are the highest risk of accidents then yes, being born with a penis is the reason.

It's not discrimination, it is costs averaging based on factual evidence.

Sgat1r5

and I hate to say it, being unmarried. Personally I don't see how being married makes you any more responsible behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Personally I don't see how being married makes you any more responsible behind the wheel.

Married people have more to lose, and thus are often more responible.

Plus they don't drink and drive as much because they spend more time at home.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Personally I don't see how being married makes you any more responsible behind the wheel.

Sgat1r5

to bad my ex wasn't informed of that rule.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Raise your deductible to 1000 each vehicle that should help,
do you have to carry full coverage?

I don't know about Virginia, but it is the law in Illinois because I'm guessing af and frtloop have their vehicles on an installment plan, and with an installment you have full coverage.  If they didn't have their cars on an installment plan, they could just put just liabillity on them.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

odd, I'm single, born with a penis(and still have it to this day!) yet I've never had one wreck, and only one ticket on my record that was expunged through drivers ed.  yet I still pay a premium for being a "high risk gender" driver.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude, you're former military, get USAA!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

yet I still pay a premium for being a "high risk gender" driver.

That's because you are still a high risk driver according to their data.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Dude, you're former military, get USAA!

Reading is fundamental:

Quoted:
ive been shopping around off and on for about the past year.

ive talked to progressive, state farm, allstate, i gave greywolf a call when he was selling insurance, USAA, and several other agencies i find online.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#26]
That’s a huge amount for car insurance!!

I'm 23 and my wife is 23. I drive a 92 Mustang and she drives and 03 Focus and we only pay $800 every 6 months. We both have spotless driving records and being married lowers it some too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]
you realize you could make a car payment for that amount of money?

If it were me, I'd dump one of the cars
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Personally I think the whole mandatory car insurance thing is a scam.

Its pretty much a government mandated tax that you have to pay to a private corporation.

Fucking insurance lobbyists.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I have full coverage on a MPV and Toyata 4x4 for $128 a month.

You might wanna check around.

FREE
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#31]
we have to have full coverage cuz both are being paid for monthly.

usaa quoted me around 3K for 6 months.  

we cant ditch one of the cars because when she starts working we will be working different shifts so both cars are needed.

car payments are around $350 for each car and insurance was $327...now being hiked over $500.  

that does suck...i dont want to get a used car cuz i dont really trust them but it looks like thats what going to have to happen shortly.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Some of the reasons your ins is so high and would be lower with a new truck is because:
Honda Civic is one of the most stolen cars.
Honda Civic has extremely high parts prices.
Honda Civic sheetmetal will dent if a bird craps on it from high altitude.
Honda Civic will give it's live to save the occupants so even aminor accident will total it.
Honda Civic sheetmetal costs an obscene amount to repair.

Want lower insurance?  Buy a american 4 door cruiser mobile (Crown Vic, Taurus, Impala) and see insurance go down 50%.

Fritz

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Some of the reasons your ins is so high and would be lower with a new truck is because:
Honda Civic will give it's live to save the occupants so even aminor accident will total it.

Want lower insurance?  Buy a american 4 door cruiser mobile (Crown Vic, Taurus, Impala) and see insurance go down 50%.

Fritz

can i get one of those american made cars that will last as long as a honda will and have the high gas mileage that i have in my honda?

i get about 31city/37hwy gas mileage.  looking at the trucks the average is around 20mpg.  thats a big drop, especially when the gas prices are only going up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
everyone i talk to tells me that this coming february my insurance will drop quite a bit because the huge wreck (totalled out my 04 protege) and caused over 20K worth of damage total and i got a "wreckless driving: going to fast for conditions" ticket.  so hopefully it will go down.

How could you get a ticket for wreckless driving if you had a wreck?

driving that'll cause a wreck?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#36]
wait.....did you guys get married?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
wait.....did you guys get married?

nope...not married.

Quoted:  
ow could you get a ticket for wreckless driving if you had a wreck?

i caught a snow bank and spun out and stopped in the road facing traffic.  about 20 seconds later a guy came along and hit me pretty much head on.

they gave me a ticket for "going too fast for conditions" cuz i passed the guy a mile or so back and he said i was going too fast.  but i was still under the speed limit so who knows...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#38]
YIKES! Your still getting hammered because of your age. And 2 crashes don't help. It can't hurt to look around and see what is out there.

I'm 40 yrs old and haven't had even a ticket in over 20 years. My insurance is less a year then you pay in a month.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#41]
wait....how does Geico know/care about frtloop if you guys aren't married?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fritz

can i get one of those american made cars that will last as long as a honda will and have the high gas mileage that i have in my honda?

i get about 31city/37hwy gas mileage.  looking at the trucks the average is around 20mpg.  thats a big drop, especially when the gas prices are only going up.

When you figure the costs of insurance against your gas bill, what are your costs then?

example:
1000 miles a month.
30 mpg=33.3 gals month X 2.59= 86.33
20 MPG=50 gals month X 2.59 = 129.00

You will be only paying an additional 42.67 a month (assuming your car payments are the same)
How much cheaper would insurance be on a different vehicle?

PS my last Taurus never got less than 24 city and 30 or so freeway
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Hate to say this, but...I love Geico.  I only pay $70/mth for a Wrangler. On-line payments avail., only takes about 45 seconds. Very convenient.
Only payed $65/month for my old Monte Carlo. Allstate wanted $115/mnth for the same Monte, which is why I changed companies originally.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
wait....how does Geico know/care about frtloop if you guys aren't married?

They're on the same policy?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Your paying $466 a month for 2 cars!

Dude shop around or something,Do you have some terrible driving record or something?Thats insane.

DAMN!!!  That's some serious payments.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Get AIG thru the NRA.  I saved $150 every six months over GEICO.  Also be sure and notify GEICO before you drop them.  They charged me $6 for one day's insurance because I notified them the day after the insurance expired that I was dropping them.  Then two weeks later, because I did not know that I owed the $6, they sent a letter threatening to send a bill collector after me.  I actually got the bill collector letter before I got the bill.

P.S. I make every effort to pay my bills on time, and it makes me really mad when a company pulls a stunt like that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Personally I think the whole mandatory car insurance thing is a scam.

Its pretty much a government mandated tax that you have to pay to a private corporation.

Fucking insurance lobbyists.

Wait until you're involved in a wreck with an uninsured driver.  It happened to me (he hit me in the rear at a stop light) and it cost me my deductable to have my car repaired.

Now I have to pay extra to have "uninsured motorist" coverage on my policy.

Checked medical cost lately?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Just a small suggestion.

Shop with the following ammounts.

Liability   100/300/100
Comp collisiion   Ded. $1250
Ask for automatic payment deduction
and tell them you will be taking defensive drriving.

I just signed paper work 3 days ago for this.

My old coverage was

25/50/25 on liability
and $500 deductable on comp/coll.
no automatic draft and no DD.

my rates dropped 60% per 6mos. locked in for the next 3 years. This also gave me a discount on my homeowners. I can buy a Full AR kit and lower reciever now each month with the savings......  BRD is on the rise.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#49]
+1 on Geico.  No complaints here.  

Your young, not married and accidents on your record.  Your screwed.  Take the bus.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

2 wrecks already...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top