Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 8:23:33 PM EDT
I'm no enviromentalist but I take good care of my trees and I have one that was badly damaged years ago and have nursed it back to very good health.  The tree is in good shape other than it leans as a result like the tower in Piza, no problem.  

It was hit again the other day and back to square one if I'm lucky.  The guy was ok but his car was totaled.  He said he was just going too fast so I felt I might just let it go, life goes on, right.  Ambulance takes him to be checked out and a fireman doing a report opens the drivers door and full and empty beer cans roll out.  About four empties along with a half full 18 pack.  

I'm not against someone drinking two or three beers and driving as long as they are not impaired beyond the ability to drive safley.  If a guy gets smashed on one beer then don't drive.  

What should I do about my tree???  Thanks Joe

If he gets DUI and has insurance then file a claim?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Make his insurance company pay for it.

Around here a full grown healthy tree is worth $10,000.

And no, I am not joking.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm no enviromentalist but I take good care of my trees and I have one that was badly damaged years ago and have nursed it back to very good health.  The tree is in good shape other than it leans as a result like the tower in Piza, no problem.  

It was hit again the other day and back to square one if I'm lucky.  The guy was ok but his car was totaled.  He said he was just going too fast so I felt I might just let it go, life goes on, right.  Ambulance takes him to be checked out and a fireman doing a report opens the drivers door and full and empty beer cans roll out.  About four empties along with a half full 18 pack.  

I'm not against someone drinking two or three beers and driving as long as they are not impaired beyond the ability to drive safley.  If a guy gets smashed on one beer then don't drive.  

Eh..make his insurance pay for it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no, I am not joking.

Sgat1r5

+1. Full grown trees are NOT cheap to replace.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no, I am not joking.

Sgat1r5

Uh, 10,000 dollars would mean the tree would die and I'd have an M16.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
About all you can do is put up a boulder barrier around it or something...get some boulders (maybe knee-high or so, somethign big enough for an adult to sit on comfortably), paint 'em bright white or something, and line the part of your property that follows the road with them...rocks big enough to fuck up anything that hits them short of a deuce and a half, and spaced so that a kid on a big wheels might get through but that'd be about it.

At least from then on, all you'll ever have to do is move and repaint some rocks...it'll still look natural...and you'll be all set for the kamikazi drivers

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

10,000 dollars would mean the tree would die and I'd have an M16.

Not neccessarily, check your local laws.

Around here we also can't just kill any tree we want at any time.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh..make his insurance pay for it.

Take the money and buy a young tree and plant it yourself, save the money for guns or a new car.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

First this is BULLSHIT.  If you are drinking, you are impaired. I don't care WHAT you say.  My father-in-law looked out the window at the highway fifteen years ago just in time to see his father killed by a guy who'd only had a couple.  If he's got a beer in him, he's more likely to kill not only your tree but your child or your mother or your wife.  

Quoted:What should I do about my tree???  Thanks Joe

I'm not a lawyer but I like to play one on the internet but I'd file a claim against his insurance.  Do you know what a full grown tree is worth?  Thousands man.  Thousands.  If you don't believe me call a tree or landscaping company and try to order one of the same size.  He got lucky. He didin't plow into your three year old but just your tree.  next time it'll be someone you love,  you should get what you can out of him.  I have a "zero tolerance" policy for assholes with alchohol in them driving three ton cars at 60 miles an hour on the same road my kids are on.  When I catch them,  the cops are the least of their issues.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First this is BULLSHIT.  If you are drinking, you are impaired. I don't care WHAT you say.  My father-in-law looked out the window at the highway fifteen years ago just in time to see his father killed by a guy who'd only had a couple.  If he's got a beer in him, he's more likely to kill not only your tree but your child or your mother or your wife.  

No, it is you who is full of shit.  Alcohol does not affect everyone in according to the nice chart that MADD gave you.  Who the fuck made you God to decide for everyone?

Nothing like a full-blown zealot.  Nosireebob, get rid of the demon drink.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Gotta love the liberal west coast, where your property isn't really yours.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Has nothing to do with liberalism...get over yourself.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#12]
This is the second time it was hit?

Prepare to be sued for negligent allowance of a proven dangerous condition.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Place a BIG ASS ROCK in front of it.

Nurse it back again,  the rock will protect it for the rest of it's time.

There was a house not to far from me that I'd drive by damn near every day,  I saw at least 10 cars on that guys lawn up against that big pepper tree.  One day i went buy there and he cut it down,  less than a month later yep there was a car that went right through his front door.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Has nothing to do with liberalism...get over yourself.

Sgat1r5

No, of course it doesn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top